Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 30 2012, 05:40 PM

I hire people who are savvy enough to change their status colour. My reasoning is that if they care enough to do this little thing then it's likely they care enough to do a good job. I do get the occasional dud, but by and large whoever I hire does what they were hired to do. The farms I hire people for are designed for easy harvesting: I have farms that would be a nightmare to harvest, but I do those myself since I know what I want harvested on those farms and don't waste my time chasing random trees across the landscape.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Oct 31 2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katupatree View Post
I have been hired lately by people with crops so stacked and then flowers and trees layered over so thick that I my computer freezes in the middle of working or I cannot work at all. I usually tell people after finishing a job "thank you for the work", I wish I could tell these people why I did not finish the work. Instead i usually have to cut my internet off and reconnect just to get back into farm town. I have all tools, but this is riduculous.

You could leave them a message before you leave as to why you couldn't finish the work. If I get to a farm that is running very slow for me, I will take a minute and leave them a note right when the problem starts. Just in case I get kicked off or can't go on. I usually say something about it running slow for me but I will keep going but wanted to let them know in case I get kicked off and can't finish.
Old Nov 01 2012, 12:11 AM

I had a couple people not finish the work this morning, but that is not usual for me. I find most people do the work they are hired to do. Occasionally, it appears that they have left, but if I leave and come back, I see that work is still getting done. Some people seems to go offline after awhile. I don't think they do it on purpose. I think it just happens to people who take a long time to do something, because they don't have any tools. I am really careful to check and recheck if the person appears to no longer be on my farm, before rehiring, cause I would hate them to go to the trouble to do all that work, and not even realize that someone else has come to the farm and is finishing the work. I dont' think since they are offline, that they would be able to see that the work is getting done by someone else, and so would end up redoing it and not getting credit for it. Not sure if that is how it would work, but I would assume that the first person to do it would be the one who got credit for it and not both.
Old Nov 01 2012, 11:44 PM

I would like to discuss this:
3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.
I just concluded an experiment and found out that we no longer receive an extra "large or non large" box when we hire our neighbour, but we do when we hire a stranger from the market. I hired someone from the market to harvest crops and received 730 regular hibiscus and 730 (large) hibiscus. I hired a neighbour to harvest the same size farm, same crop, and received only 730 hibiscus...no extras. It's not right to take what was given to us for hiring a neighbour and give it to us for hiring a stranger from the market. Please put it back the way it was or make it the same whether you hire a neighour or a stranger from the market.

Last edited by melanie-hamilton; Nov 01 2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old Nov 02 2012, 12:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie-hamilton View Post
I would like to discuss this:
3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.
I just concluded an experiment and found out that we no longer receive an extra "large or non large" box when we hire our neighbour, but we do when we hire a stranger from the market. I hired someone from the market to harvest crops and received 730 regular hibiscus and 730 (large) hibiscus. I hired a neighbour to harvest the same size farm, same crop, and received only 730 hibiscus...no extras. It's not right to take what was given to us for hiring a neighbour and give it to us for hiring a stranger from the market. Please put it back the way it was or make it the same whether you hire a neighour or a stranger from the market.
We have never gotten extra boxes for a neighbor, buddy or even a stranger before the addition of this for the strangers from the market.
For all before and now for Neighbors and Buddies you get what you have planted, plus the additional 1 each if fertilized, plus the belt bonus amount. That means if you had 100 plots planted, fertilized, and the highest belt then you would get 100 (plots) + 100 (fertilized) + 72 (belt bonus) = 272.
Now with the additional bonus for hiring from the market you would get 100 (plots) + 100 (fertilized) + 72 (belt bonus) + 100 market bonus = 372
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 02 2012, 08:02 PM

You are mistaken. I have checked it in the past before this new update and we did too.
Old Nov 02 2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie-hamilton View Post
You are mistaken. I have checked it in the past before this new update and we did too.
What we got in the past when we hired anyone was "Large" size boxes instead of "Regular" boxes. We still get that. I just hired a neighbour to harvest 1055 Watermelons.

Before:
- Watermelon 2145 regular @ 92c

Neighbour harvested 1055 Fertilised fields.
- Theoretical yield: 1055 fields + 1055 fertilisation + up to 749 from 6th dan = up to 2859 Large boxes

After:
- Watermelon 2820 Large @ 110c
- Watermelon 2145 Regular @ 92c

That's in line with what was expected.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Nov 02 2012, 08:59 PM

Sorry Taz,, Melanie is right
Old Nov 02 2012, 09:10 PM

Melanie is correct .... we did get an extra item if we hired a neighbour to work. My farms are all laid out to cater for this as I make a habit of hiring a neighbour and now all of my stocks are dropping since the last update. Fair enough, open the bonus to include hiring from the market but please slashkey .... give us our neighbour hiring bonus back
Old Nov 02 2012, 09:25 PM

Yes Gregh, that is in line with what is expected if you've just hired a neighbour. However, prior to the update you would've got your 2820 large watermelons plus you would've got another 1055 regular watermelons as a bonus for hiring a neighbour and that will make a BIG difference to your stock levels