Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 15 2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcad605 View Post
I just bought the red and orange sprinklers and I am pi$$ed off! I expected them to water the farms for a period of time, like the fertilizer. It didn't say anything about that when you click on them for information. I noticed that this discussion started in 2009. And nothing has been done about it in 3 years?!? Really? 99% of the time only the people that have paid real money have these. Someone needs to get off their a$$ and fix this. We don't need new bushes, we need the stuff that we paid for to do what is expected or give me my frickin money back!
The red sprinkler works in the same way the brown sprinkler works, so it shouldn't be unexpected. I agree it could be made clearer for the brown sprinkler, but once you know how that works it shouldn't come as a surprise that the red and orange sprinklers work the same way.

Regarding the green sprinkler, it's probably more of a niche item than the other ones, but as long as some people are finding a use for it, that's fine. It's pretty clear upfront what it does, and if it's a feature you don't need there's no reason to buy it.

Last edited by tnbskts; May 15 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old May 16 2012, 12:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcad605 View Post
I just bought the red and orange sprinklers and I am pi$$ed off! I expected them to water the farms for a period of time, like the fertilizer. It didn't say anything about that when you click on them for information. I noticed that this discussion started in 2009. And nothing has been done about it in 3 years?!? Really? 99% of the time only the people that have paid real money have these. Someone needs to get off their a$$ and fix this. We don't need new bushes, we need the stuff that we paid for to do what is expected or give me my frickin money back!
The red and orange sprinklers does water crops and such just like they are suppose to, that is what it says on the info that they irrigate. Watering and fertilizing is two different things and not related, so if you are pi$$ed off as you say you should be at yourself, cause they all do what they are suppose to do. The manure spreader fertilizes (which gives double the crops) and the sprinklers irrigates (which is waters, and doubles the growing speed) so there is nothing to fix as you say, if people have a question about a tool or something before they buy it come to the forum and ask a question instead of buying something and then getting mad cause it isn't what they expected.
Old May 20 2012, 06:13 PM

i purchased the 4 water sprinklers but the brown and green are the only ones that appear in the tool box. the orange and red show up in my storage bin. why? i am not getting full use of the sprinklers. sad to pay that much for them and not be able to use them.
Old May 20 2012, 06:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemae1046 View Post
i purchased the 4 water sprinklers but the brown and green are the only ones that appear in the tool box. the orange and red show up in my storage bin. why? i am not getting full use of the sprinklers. sad to pay that much for them and not be able to use them.
You buy the red and green to get up to the green one. The green one does everything the red and orange ones did. The only reason the brown one is shown is in case you only want to water the flowers without speeding them up.
The manure spreaders are the same. Only the last one is shown because it does all of the crops, trees and flowers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 29 2012, 05:54 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

But even if you only water the flowers with the sprinkler no matter which, and you seed afterwards you cannot use the sprinkler again until 24 hrs have passed. And beware if one of your neighbors waters your flowers. I harvested, plowed and waiting my time to plant 4 hr crops that would be waiting for me in the morning, no dice, I planted and then when i went to sprinkle it said I could not irrigate for 13 hrs. I had not looked before so one of my neighbors being kind and wanting to get the xpoints and coins watered my flowers so I had to get up at 2 am and harvest my crops. I made a suggestion already to see if this can be fixed that only and only our sprinkler is the one that can be used to half the time and extend the expiration time, and not count the watering by neighbors.
Old May 29 2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
But even if you only water the flowers with the sprinkler no matter which, and you seed afterwards you cannot use the sprinkler again until 24 hrs have passed. And beware if one of your neighbors waters your flowers. I harvested, plowed and waiting my time to plant 4 hr crops that would be waiting for me in the morning, no dice, I planted and then when i went to sprinkle it said I could not irrigate for 13 hrs. I had not looked before so one of my neighbors being kind and wanting to get the xpoints and coins watered my flowers so I had to get up at 2 am and harvest my crops. I made a suggestion already to see if this can be fixed that only and only our sprinkler is the one that can be used to half the time and extend the expiration time, and not count the watering by neighbors.
i've had neighbors water my flowers, and i was able to use my sprinkler right afterwards without any problems. And just this morning, i used the brown sprinkler to revive my flowers, harvested them, and then used the sprinkler right afterwards without problem. So if there is a glitch somewhere, i am unable to reproduce it.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jun 09 2012, 04:50 PM

Default Using the sprinkler on previously planted crops

I've been reading into the history of this thread and didn't find everything I wanted.

It seems to be that we can use the red sprinkler once per day per farm. I think.

If we plant 4-day crops and use the sprinkler immediately, they will be ready in 2 days. What happens if, after 1 day, with 1 day to wait, we use it on these crops again? Nothing, or does it halve again, i.e. to half the remaining time?

What happens if I plant 4 days crops today, and after 1 day I use the sprinkler for the first time on those crops? Does it halve the total 4 days, so that I have 1 day left, or does it halve the remaining time, so that I have 1.5 days left?

Thanks!
Old Jun 09 2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralVirologist View Post
I've been reading into the history of this thread and didn't find everything I wanted.

It seems to be that we can use the red sprinkler once per day per farm. I think.

If we plant 4-day crops and use the sprinkler immediately, they will be ready in 2 days. What happens if, after 1 day, with 1 day to wait, we use it on these crops again? Nothing, or does it halve again, i.e. to half the remaining time?

What happens if I plant 4 days crops today, and after 1 day I use the sprinkler for the first time on those crops? Does it halve the total 4 days, so that I have 1 day left, or does it halve the remaining time, so that I have 1.5 days left?

Thanks!
Hi, using it a second time will make no difference , if you use it (for the first time) after 1 day then it halves the remaining time.
Old Jun 09 2012, 05:20 PM

Thanks! Much appreciated :-)
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:10 PM

Just bumping
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity