Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jun 19 2017, 06:48 AM

Maybe there needs to be a cut-off - like if the neighbors you end up competing with have more than "x" facilities, then there are only 5 in the contest? Whereas those with fewer facilities still have 10?

I'll say again that I truly don't understand this game very well so my ideas may have flaws in them. But I'm trying! LOL
Old Jun 20 2017, 10:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Yes - this is similar to the problem I was describing. It seems like players who play LESS get rewarded more often than those of us who really work at it. The one time I did well, I wasn't trying at all. Didn't even understand HOW to try at that point (i.e., fill my quest facilities more often). It feels a bit like a punishment for trying. And yes, I realize that I don't have to play this particular quest. Just wish that there were a way to make it better.
It seems the fewer facilities you have in your neighborhood, the fewer facilities you're up against and the lower score you need to make the top three. I have 58 facilities in my neighborhood. The current #1 position has about 600,000 points. I'm currently #2, so with a day left it could go either way. It all depends on how hard we work one anothers' facilities and how often our neighbors refill. It really is a team effort.
Old Jun 22 2017, 05:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Yes - this is similar to the problem I was describing. It seems like players who play LESS get rewarded more often than those of us who really work at it. The one time I did well, I wasn't trying at all. Didn't even understand HOW to try at that point (i.e., fill my quest facilities more often). It feels a bit like a punishment for trying. And yes, I realize that I don't have to play this particular quest. Just wish that there were a way to make it better.
I think you're dead right FarmerSusan. I also try my darndest, work those facilites everyday, others do it once a week, have way less than me and get the FC when I get a ridiculous award. It certainly is not in my interest to play this anymore. The rewards received this week I can work tenfold and more in one hit working the facility once.
Old Jun 24 2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
The part that bothers me is that I don't seem to have any control over how I do - or at least not enough to make it rewarding. I check in on it each week - look forward to Sat so I can see my starting ranking - but I just keep being disappointed. I don't want to bother with what it would take to opt out each week - and I'm happy to help my neighbors - but it's a pretty consistent downer. I wish I had some suggestions for how to make it better but I don't think I understand it well enough to be able to do that. I just know it's not too fun as it is. I think I'm writing this hoping that someone with more understanding of the quest MIGHT be able to see a way to improve it. I'm baffled.
I'm glad to see that I am not alone in my frustration in this weekly contest. I've been getting more and more frustrated with this contest for weeks now. Every Saturday I check to see where I'm starting off... and each time it is either in 9th or 10th place. I buy a couple of extra facilities and try working them. The end results is that I can only help gain 1 spot or possibly 2. It's frustrating enough now that I have decided it is just not worth putting any effort [or FarmCash] into the contest. And then when the contest is over each week I see myself getting gifts from very low ranking neighbors who were in the top 3 week after week. A few months ago it seemed like my initial ranking would fluctuate. I might start off in the top 3, then the middle or towards the bottom. But each week it was not always in the last two spots. I'm discouraged enough now that I am just not going to even check it any more until Friday morning to see how I did. And forget the idea of even putting any FarmCash into the frustrating contest!
Old Jun 25 2017, 11:28 AM

I'd like to encourage those of you who are also unhappy with the Neighborhood Chains Contest to put your ideas in the Suggestions > Quests area. If we post there, Raul will see it and we have a shot at getting it fixed. He's very responsive to our feedback but if he doesn't know we're unhappy about something, he can't fix it.

I posted there yesterday. Evidently we're not supposed to quote one another's posts like we can here, but seems to me that if several of us are all saying the same thing, he might realize it really is an issue.
Old Jun 26 2017, 07:49 AM

I thought the neighborhood chain contest was supposed to be against comparable foes? My current contest several have 5 one has 7 but one has TWELVE facilities. How is that comparable?
Old Jun 26 2017, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
I thought the neighborhood chain contest was supposed to be against comparable foes? My current contest several have 5 one has 7 but one has TWELVE facilities. How is that comparable?
Hi John,
To be able to get 9 other contestants there does have to be a slight spread of the number of facilities. Most of the contest groups will have a spread of about + or - 10 or more. The one you are in is way less than that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 26 2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old Jun 27 2017, 01:53 PM

I also find that for months I have been placed at No 10 and no matter how hard I work filling facilities and working neighbours facilities I stay at no 10. Last year when I was on holiday I had started the quest then had no internet access for the rest of the week and I came in the first 3. I had not been able to work facilities or fill them during that time so how could that happen? I also know that friends who rarely work facilities are often in the first 3.
Old Jun 27 2017, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orx View Post
I also find that for months I have been placed at No 10 and no matter how hard I work filling facilities and working neighbours facilities I stay at no 10. Last year when I was on holiday I had started the quest then had no internet access for the rest of the week and I came in the first 3. I had not been able to work facilities or fill them during that time so how could that happen? I also know that friends who rarely work facilities are often in the first 3.
Hi Orx,
Whether you work your facilities or not is a small part of it. It also depends on your neighbors also working theirs. You are only one part of your neighborhood chain. Those who hardly ever work their facilities may just have great neighbors who boost their scores up enough to get in the top 3.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Today, 01:05 AM

i'm ready to quit doing the neighborhood quests. I never get out of the bottom 5, and now i'm consistently number 10 this is so disappointing. I don't expect to win every week, but i'm tired of seeing the same people beat me. Maybe I need to be in a different group.