Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 10 2017, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyinlife View Post
I do not like the way they have ships set up. I switched to trains only.

What made me finally quit ships is the fact that I cannot skip the 30th person and that is usually is someone that will not do ships. So I wait and wait and wait. I think the entire system needs to be redone.
Hi Joyinlife,
You do have the capability of replacing 10 of the ports as well as being able to move them around, so you can place someone in the30th position that you know will do your ship and not have to wait the full 7 days for it to come back.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 22 2017, 07:22 PM

There needs to be a better system for filling the log for ships. I just launched a ship, but when I went to check the log before I dispatched it, I was astounded to see that it was almost totally filled with people I have skipped or replaced many, many times. I only could exchange five at the top and five at the bottom, but I have serious doubts that the middle ones will send my ship along. There should be some way that we could eliminate people from that roster or have a designated list of "favorites". Most of these non-ship people are otherwise good neighbors so it would not be a good move to unfriend them.
Old Jul 30 2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
It seems the cargo ships are defeating the purpose of a "social" game. It's really causing a lot of animosity, and I'm not an exception to that.

I have several people I have to replace, or skip, because my ships will sit there for a day or more. I did a little experiment and left *their* ships in my port instead of moving them on. I wanted to see how long they would sit there before they skipped me. Days. It appears these people are dispatching their ships, but not returning to the game again, or ignoring their ports. And yet I have to continually replace them when I dispatch my ships and I'm running out of reliable replacements.

I didn't "do" ships myself for a long time. Now, I'm running out of animal products, so thought I'd go ahead and give it a try. Took me a long time to realize the "take" for those is almost negligible, and when you have to skip five or more ports to bring the ship home, it's almost nothing. But I *do* get a *lot* of stuff I don't need.

Fortunately, I haven't received "hate mail" from people about working ships. I did get a message from a friend asking if I would move her's on, but I posted on my wall to please do that in case I forget to check into FT.

I hope the devs rethink the ship thing. It's great that it doesn't take so long to dispatch the ships now, but the reward isn't worth the hassle.
Even with the loading time changes it is still nearly impossible to fill a ship completelyunless you can come back to the game every hour on the hour for 10 hrs to fill the next container. Most of us especially those who have a real job do not have that kind of time.
Old Jul 30 2017, 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
Even with the loading time changes it is still nearly impossible to fill a ship completelyunless you can come back to the game every hour on the hour for 10 hrs to fill the next container. Most of us especially those who have a real job do not have that kind of time.
Hi ccheney,
Try loading only 1 or 2 containers, then dispatch the ship. Do that for several days and you will get the times down to a few minutes and will be able to prepare a whole ship of containers in about an hour. As long as you keep it up doing a ship daily then you will not be spending hours to prepare a ship.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 03 2017, 12:16 PM

I want to know why I can replace ppl on a ship, but then the next ship I can't replace anyone. It will let me drag them to another position but I can't replace them. So as it stands right now some ships I can replace ppl and some ships I can't.
Thanks Cathy
Old Aug 03 2017, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy K View Post
I want to know why I can replace ppl on a ship, but then the next ship I can't replace anyone. It will let me drag them to another position but I can't replace them. So as it stands right now some ships I can replace ppl and some ships I can't.
Thanks Cathy
Hi Cathy,
If you can't replace people on the next ship, then please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old Aug 04 2017, 11:51 AM

Thanks Taz D will give that a try next time I can not replace ppl, and see if it works.
Old Aug 04 2017, 08:20 PM

Is it possible to convince the developers to invert the option for ships ?

I thought it was just happening to me, but after asking around it appears that many have given up on the ships but at the same time refuse to untick the option of ships so as to annoy those that still run ships.

Inverting the option will at least give us a chance to have ships successfully completing 30 ports. Something I have not done now for many weeks.

I don't want nasty replies. I just want to know if it is possible.
Old Aug 04 2017, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
Is it possible to convince the developers to invert the option for ships ?

I thought it was just happening to me, but after asking around it appears that many have given up on the ships but at the same time refuse to untick the option of ships so as to annoy those that still run ships.

Inverting the option will at least give us a chance to have ships successfully completing 30 ports. Something I have not done now for many weeks.

I don't want nasty replies. I just want to know if it is possible.
Hi NiMo,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we collect them together for the developers to see. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Old Aug 14 2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryinVA View Post
I have a question for those of you who are doing the ships. How long do you consider a reasonable time for someone to load and move your ships along? I have never had a ship reach the 30th port, and I feel I am always skipping people. I know people have to sleep and they don't spend their entire waking day on FT, but I have to think if someone hasn't been here in over 24 hrs, I can skip the port. Sometimes, though, I think even 15 hours is too long. I don't really want to send messages to ask people to load my ships.
I haven't gotten to all 30 ports either. I have to skip a lot too.I try to keep in mind that people have lives outside of the game. I try to load my neighbors ships as much as I can but like a lot of people I have a real job which takes precedence loading a fake ship. I can't be there all day loading neighbor's ships nor do I expect others to be there waiting for mine. I get on the game in the evening after work and I send out what ships are waiting for me then. I usually wait 24 hrs and if my ship hasn't been loaded I send it on.

Last edited by ccheney; Aug 15 2017 at 12:59 AM.