Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Aug 24 2014, 11:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Seraphina, the picture of my farm disappeared, but not the post. Do I have to re-submit it?
Hi SeaJay,
Seraphrina is not available right now. I don't know why the picture disappeared. You will need to edit your post and re-add the picture back into it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 24 2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi SeaJay,
Seraphrina is not available right now. I don't know why the picture disappeared. You will need to edit your post and re-add the picture back into it.
I just did...twice. It's just showing a hyperlink but not the photo???!!! Any suggestions? I did have the audience set wrong, so I changed it to public and then tried again, but its still just a hyperlink.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 24 2014, 11:32 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I just did...twice. It's just showing a hyperlink but not the photo???!!! Any suggestions? I did have the audience set wrong, so I changed it to public and then tried again, but its still just a hyperlink.
click on the mountain icon to add the pic. it's 5th from the right
Old Aug 24 2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
click on the mountain icon to add the pic. it's 5th from the right
Oh dude!!! You rock. You should be a moderator.

Thanks. That was it. Not sure why it disappeared the first time. I think I deleted the wrong one out of photo album when I was told to re-do it.

And...are you a dude? lol. I was assuming.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 25 2014, 03:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
And...are you a dude? lol. I was assuming.
assuming dude is a non-sexual term by now - ya, i'm a dude, lol
Old Aug 31 2014, 12:22 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I previously gave some feedback on the B2B contest but would like to add a couple of things to my prior thoughts.
First, I would like to wish all of those who entered Good Luck. I have gone in and viewed the farms and there is so much talent out there -- WHEW!!
Second, Good Luck to the judges -- you have your work laying out there in front of you. It will not be an easy decision for this. Again, the talent is awesome!!
Third -- I can't wait until the next one comes out -- LOL!! The trip down memory lane has passed; the nail biting is over (at least for me); and, it has now come down to a "waiting game".
Again, GOOD LUCK Everyone!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com; Aug 31 2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: hit post too soon.
Old Aug 31 2014, 01:13 PM

Default Mountains overlap farm boundaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphina Warrior View Post
The mountains placed as they are in that photo would be fine CSLewis, as they are basically all placed next to each other. If you look closely at that picture, it is the steps more than anything, that give it the illusion of height and 3D and as you said, steps etc are not allowed.
I fail to see how, if the rules are applied equally to all, these mountains are allowed to extend past the farm boundary. I had a similar situation with tall green hills. The footprint of each hill (green box visible when moving) was inside the farm boundary but edges of hills extended just past outside edge when placed. I was told this was NOT acceptable and my post was removed with advice to correct the "problem" and repost. There is another farm with snow patches extending past the edge of the farm....clearly a violation if the rules that were used to judge my farm were used on that farm.

Just edited this post to say that I realize the farm picture shown by CSLewis is not of a contest farm. The problem is that CSLewis was told the snow mountain placement was within contest rules.

Last edited by jeemersmom; Aug 31 2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Clarify comment
Old Aug 31 2014, 02:54 PM

When we first brought back the competitions, we decided to err a little on the side of leniency, rather than be more "heavy handed". We did not instantly disqualify those entries which did not meet the rules, but gave them a "second chance" by sending a private message, listing the faults within their entry and inviting those people to re-post, once they had made the relevant changes. However, during the course of this competition and the second chances that we have given, there have been numerous replies received, of a less than favourable nature.

Offering this "second chance" did not mean that entries were open for negotiation, dispute or to be argued against. The decision was final, and a choice was given. Therefore, unfortunately, due to the responses and unfavourable messages that were received, during the course of this competition, we now find ourselves in the position of no longer being able to offer this opportunity. All future competitions, will now have no "second chances" and if an entry does not fall "within" the strict guidelines of the competition, it will be instantly disqualified.

This is something that we were hoping to avoid, but it has sadly turned out to not be the case. Please keep in mind, that this is an Official Slashkey Competition , and as such, we really should not have offered these second chances at all, but we chose to try and be as fair as we could to entrants. You would not get a second chance, within any other Official Competition and I'm very much afraid, that this now applies to the Slashkey Forum Best Farm Contests.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Aug 31 2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
When we first brought back the competitions, we decided to err a little on the side of leniency, rather than be more "heavy handed". We did not instantly disqualify those entries which did not meet the rules, but gave them a "second chance" by sending a private message, listing the faults within their entry and inviting those people to re-post, once they had made the relevant changes. However, during the course of this competition and the second chances that we have given, there have been numerous replies received, of a less than favourable nature.

Offering this "second chance" did not mean that entries were open for negotiation, dispute or to be argued against. The decision was final, and a choice was given. Therefore, unfortunately, due to the responses and unfavourable messages that were received, during the course of this competition, we now find ourselves in the position of no longer being able to offer this opportunity. All future competitions, will now have no "second chances" and if an entry does not fall "within" the strict guidelines of the competition, it will be instantly disqualified.

This is something that we were hoping to avoid, but it has sadly turned out to not be the case. Please keep in mind, that this is an Official Slashkey Competition , and as such, we really should not have offered these second chances at all, but we chose to try and be as fair as we could to entrants. You would not get a second chance, within any other Official Competition and I'm very much afraid, that this now applies to the Slashkey Forum Best Farm Contests.
This was a very tough first contest, Rob. I have a feeling following the rules on later competitions won't be so difficult. I appreciate your tolerance and patience and leniency. The prize is generous. It should definitely go to someone who played within all the boundaries. Good luck judging....and good luck to all the contestants.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 31 2014, 06:26 PM

Sounds like a good plan.