Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Nov 15 2014, 09:47 PM

November feedback contest :

I am happy that some members can show off their tricks and illusions
. I give you my ratings for this contest.

clarifications - 8/10
questions - 7/10
Power of theme title 6.5/10
WOW factor for members 8.5 /10
others i didn't mentioned 6.5/10
Old Nov 29 2014, 03:59 PM

Default The November Contest

Some of those farms are absolutely breathtaking!

It's a learning experience to see what everyone is doing~

Just some awesome stuf

Sure wish we had "like" buttons for when we think a farm is great stuf!
Old Dec 07 2014, 08:56 AM

Here is my rating for December

clarifications - 9/10
questions - 9/10
Power of theme title 9.5/10
WOW factor for members 9.5 /10
others i didn't mentioned 9/10
Old Jan 05 2015, 11:08 PM
Account Not Linked

I have a question for the Dec contest... As stated:
Once you have entered your farm in to the competition, you may not EDIT your entry in any way shape or form. Your farm MUST look exactly the same as when the competition closes as it did when you entered it. However, you will be able to harvest any crops, trees etc so long as they are back to fully grown and has to be the exact same crop at the close of the competition. If there is a release after you enter you are not allowed to make additions to your entry, so please be sure you are done. If any farm or entry has been modified, you will be disqualified.
I had to edit my farm information, not the farm, so that the link to my farm worked properly... does that disqualify me as I did state the reason as to why I did the edit
Old Jan 06 2015, 02:02 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBubba View Post
I have a question for the Dec contest... As stated:
Once you have entered your farm in to the competition, you may not EDIT your entry in any way shape or form. Your farm MUST look exactly the same as when the competition closes as it did when you entered it. However, you will be able to harvest any crops, trees etc so long as they are back to fully grown and has to be the exact same crop at the close of the competition. If there is a release after you enter you are not allowed to make additions to your entry, so please be sure you are done. If any farm or entry has been modified, you will be disqualified.
I had to edit my farm information, not the farm, so that the link to my farm worked properly... does that disqualify me as I did state the reason as to why I did the edit
Hi McBubba, editing for the purposes of adding/correcting a farm link, would not disqualify you, so please don't worry.
Old Jan 06 2015, 05:18 PM

Very good job everyone. Congratulations.
Old Jan 11 2015, 01:10 PM

Awesome Designs! Totally am going to enter again this month! Thanks for the contest... Now if I can figure this all out as a "new designer" and new to the forum... I'm trying. Wish me luck posting. I really had a hard time last month.
Old Jan 11 2015, 02:48 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley120979 View Post
Awesome Designs! Totally am going to enter again this month! Thanks for the contest... Now if I can figure this all out as a "new designer" and new to the forum... I'm trying. Wish me luck posting. I really had a hard time last month.
Hi Shelley120979, We're so pleased to hear that you are entering once more. I'm sure you will do just great, and Good Luck
Old Jan 18 2015, 07:16 AM

Is the use of cross-stitch patterns or graphs permissible in these competitions? Someone asked me, and I said I didn't think it was since it is using copyrighted images/designs for the purpose of winning a contest. It says nothing in the rules about it, so could someone enlighten me, please?
Old Jan 18 2015, 03:57 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Duzzit View Post
Is the use of cross-stitch patterns or graphs permissible in these competitions? Someone asked me, and I said I didn't think it was since it is using copyrighted images/designs for the purpose of winning a contest. It says nothing in the rules about it, so could someone enlighten me, please?
Hi EZ Duzzit, We have had many farms entered, which are what we call "picture farms" or indeed had areas of a farm that are a "picture". There is no way for us to know whether a graph/cross stitch has been used, or if it has been done freehand, from a picture that was used for inspiration. As we know, many designers, use pictures as "inspiration" and to try and distinguish one from the other, would be impossible. The only way for us to regulate this type of farm , would be to exclude picture farms from all future competitions, and that is not an option at this present time. Therefore ,I can only say, that unless it is stipulated otherwise in the present competition, as an exclusion, then farms of this nature, are fine to enter. Have a great day!