Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 17 2015, 09:27 PM
Account Not Linked

My husband recently started Farm Town and I've made him my super neighbor. He bought some of the tools so as to avoid the single click for single item but we've discovered that having the gas-using tools doesn't make any difference. Even though both he and I now have gas, he still can't use the tools he bought, though he can use the 1x2 harvester, because it doesn't take gas. Shouldn't he be able to use my tools and gas on my farm? Or at least his larger tools? I don't understand this very well. Others not being able to use my tools or gas has been a long standing problem, but it hasn't been much of an issue until now.
Old Nov 17 2015, 09:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWalls View Post
My husband recently started Farm Town and I've made him my super neighbor. He bought some of the tools so as to avoid the single click for single item but we've discovered that having the gas-using tools doesn't make any difference. Even though both he and I now have gas, he still can't use the tools he bought, though he can use the 1x2 harvester, because it doesn't take gas. Shouldn't he be able to use my tools and gas on my farm? Or at least his larger tools? I don't understand this very well. Others not being able to use my tools or gas has been a long standing problem, but it hasn't been much of an issue until now.
Hi AnnaWalls,
Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

He should be able to use his tools if he has them in storage. If they are on his farm then they do not show for him to use on your farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2015, 09:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
tools that cost farmcash, can be used by other farmers, coin tools that you own cannot be used by other farmers. Make sure you have ticked the boxes that allow him to use your fuel and tools and vise versa.. I have a little farmer who only has coin tools working for me as a super neighbour and she does fine, using mine..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 17 2015, 09:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Unhappy

sorry Taz, didn't mean to jump on any toes....

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 18 2015, 09:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi AnnaWalls,
Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

He should be able to use his tools if he has them in storage. If they are on his farm then they do not show for him to use on your farm.
Here is the link to my farm √ http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1666&farm_ix=0
Old Nov 18 2015, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hi AnnaWalls,
The only tools of yours that your husband can use would be your tree shaker (8x4) and your seeders if you have allowed for him to plant. Those are the only farm cash tools you have. Currently your coin tools cannot be used by others. As for his tools he would have to make sure his tools are in his storage to be able to use them on your farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 19 2015, 05:39 AM

there is nothing in game guide about super neighbors. what is the benefit of having super neighbors. what can they do and not do?

can i go to my super friends farm and help him fill his animal buildings and plant trees, etcc....?
Old Nov 19 2015, 07:42 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnelso View Post
there is nothing in game guide about super neighbors. what is the benefit of having super neighbors. what can they do and not do?

can i go to my super friends farm and help him fill his animal buildings and plant trees, etcc....?
Hi Jdnelson,

Super neighbors are intended for use when you are on vacation or away from the game for a period of time. They can also, if you give them permission, design a specific farm for you without the need for you to be present.

To make a neighbor a super neighbor, you click on their picture in the neighbors bar and choose "Set as Super Neighbor". You will then see a box where you can choose what you want them to be able to do.

"Permanently hired for farming" allows them to harvest crops/trees/flowers, plow, chop and fish at any of your farms that are not Private using their own tools or yours. If you wish for them to plant as well also check the box for "Allow planting". If you own the mobile sprinklers or fertilizers they will also be able to use those tools on your farms. Please note, that the sprinklers and fertilizers CAN be applied to Private farms.

If you wish them to design a farm, check the box for "Permanently hired for Design" then choose the farm you want them to design. They will be able to use your Freestyle Farm Designers (orange or green hand) IF you own them.

The option for "Allow Selling & Buying of coin items" allows them to use YOUR coins to buy or sell coin items from your farms. They can not buy using your Farm Cash or delete Farm Cash items. They will be able to do the following >>
a) Use his or your Dozer, Multi Planter, Plower or Transplanter on your farm.
b) Buy new ground covers for your farm.

Please, if you choose to make a neighbor a super Neighbor, make sure you communicate with them exactly what it is you want them to do, especially if you are allowing them to use your coins. We have seen many complaints that SN's are doing what they want with the farms and NOT what the farm owner wants.

To remove the Super Neighbour permissions, click on your super neighbors picture in the neighbors bar and remove ALL of the check marks for ALL of the options.
Old Nov 19 2015, 07:51 AM

How does coins and harvest products work with s.neighbors
Old Nov 19 2015, 08:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnelso View Post
How does coins and harvest products work with s.neighbors
Hi Jdnelso,

They and you receive the same as if you had hired them to work.

Tags
add neighbor, beige dot, blue dot, colored dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbors, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools