Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Nov 02 2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB40 Frankie View Post
Yes Gregh, that is in line with what is expected if you've just hired a neighbour. However, prior to the update you would've got your 2820 large watermelons plus you would've got another 1055 regular watermelons as a bonus for hiring a neighbour and that will make a BIG difference to your stock levels
Hmm, can you tell us when that was announced? Because I've never received any extra regular boxes for hiring neighbours!

For example see this post from last month, before the new update. If I'd received any bonus regular boxes I'd have noticed.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=510

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Nov 02 2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
I hire people who are savvy enough to change their status colour. My reasoning is that if they care enough to do this little thing then it's likely they care enough to do a good job. I do get the occasional dud, but by and large whoever I hire does what they were hired to do. The farms I hire people for are designed for easy harvesting: I have farms that would be a nightmare to harvest, but I do those myself since I know what I want harvested on those farms and don't waste my time chasing random trees across the landscape.
I rarely change my status color. Now, I rarely work on peoples farms, but I do hire most of my work done. I have found that most of the time if I change my coloring to hiring, I get tons of requests to take jobs. I wonder if people really quite get it when it comes to the colors. Sometimes I just hide behind that tent thing.
Old Nov 02 2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregh View Post
Hmm, can you tell us when that was announced? Because I've never received any extra regular boxes for hiring neighbours!

For example see this post from last month, before the new update. If I'd received any bonus regular boxes I'd have noticed.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=510
I have been doing a lot of research into this as I have a spreadsheet I have written which tells me exactly how many trees and flowers I need in order to keep my facilities stocked at 100%. In writing the spreadsheet I tried several ways of harvesting .... fertilized, non-fertilized, neighbours, market. As as example ... before the update, hiring a neighbour to harvest a block of 64 fertilized trees I would get 2 large plus 0.7(ish) for 6 dan and an extra 64 for hiring a neighbour. Admittedly, I normally had to refresh the farm for the 64 to appear in my storage but they were definitely there. I tried this with neighbours and with people I knew that were not my neighbours and the extra 1 only came from hiring neighbours
Old Nov 03 2012, 12:23 AM

Hi, the only advantage that I have ever been aware of when hiring Neighbours is that the ploughing is cheaper. If you were getting extra products for hiring neighbours then I can only think that it was a glitch.
Old Nov 05 2012, 07:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rita's farm Send a message via Yahoo to Rita's farm
Default be nice

today i once again chose to hire others to work my 15 expanded farms. It seems no matter what i do or who i hire I end up with a person that is rude,today i was called stupid and my farm sucked. So I ask why do people have such rude attitudes?????
Old Nov 05 2012, 08:54 AM

The best advice I can give is to ignore it. Folks are looking to get a rise out of you. If you find kind farmers that will come do the work and thank you for it, add them to your buddy list so you can hire them again; that is if they're in the marketplace.

Keep in mind there are a lot of juveniles playing the game, you can pick them out just by the way they act or ask to be hired. For example, plsssssssssss hireeeeeeeeeee meeeee.

I have had my share of rudeness over the last few years and trust me, just ignore them. If you encounter it on your farm, or in the marketplace, click on their avatar and click on ignore. If they are abusive, click their avatar and choose report.

Good luck.
Old Nov 05 2012, 11:03 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita's farm View Post
today i once again chose to hire others to work my 15 expanded farms. It seems no matter what i do or who i hire I end up with a person that is rude,today i was called stupid and my farm sucked. So I ask why do people have such rude attitudes?????
I quite agree, I don't often go to the market place now because of that reason, just because I don't have the' all tools' doesn't mean I can't work for people, there should be a way of tracing these very ignorant people and having them banned from playing the game, I have 16 farms and play mostly twice a day, have been playing several years now, love Farm Town! Keep playing Rita, don't let the nasty people win.
Old Nov 05 2012, 05:21 PM

This has been an issue for quite some time. If they are rude, click on their avatar and along with hire options there is a report button. Click it and add them to your blocked list.
Old Nov 05 2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
If they are rude, click on their avatar and along with hire options there is a report button. Click it and add them to your blocked list
Indeed ... I saw one chap in the Market today bragging that when people hired him he would go to their farm and immediately leave and come back to the Market. Seemed to think it a clever lark. Well, I no longer see him. There is no danger that I will accidentally hire him in the future, or be hired by him.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Nov 06 2012, 11:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I try not to hire very often because of all the reasons I have read in this thread. I will not work for people who have layers of anything. And I do not like to fish when the water is layered. I put under my avatar no leyers and no fishing. And I leave messages when they do hire me with out paying attention. But my messages are always nice but firm. It seems to me that these are the people, kids that were not raised to understand what polite is. I will block them for a couple of weeks then unblock them to see if they have grown up yet. Hiring is hard enough when they only do half of what they were hired for to begin with. GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!