Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 15 2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
They have already turned so many FC decorations into coin decorations that I had already purchased. If I started to add them up it would come up to a lot of FC. But, I'm telling you now, if they were to turn the flags into coin bought items, I would definitely be looking for a full refund as I have very many of them. They are unique and set my farms apart from those who won't drop real cash on such things. If everyone had them and could purchase them with coin, I would be one spurned, angry customer.

I agree a little with you. I have a number of USA Flags, and a couple of Italian Flags.

When they first "intended" to release flags for coin, I had a plan to get them all for outside an "embassy" setting and for my FlimFlamFilms farm. But they decided that they could not do it for whatever reason(s).

If that changes, and they release them, hopefully they will still "wave" at me. But I won't expect any FC back.
Old Dec 15 2013, 10:19 AM

First, ENORMOUS kudos for the increased speed we have now. The game runs incredibly fast - which makes it even more of a joy to play. Also love the bulk "move" of animals from storage to their building on the farm. Perfect. : )

Some suggestions:

1. The train boost - I'm guessing that others have already reported that the "Boost" feature doesn't appear when you first unload/reload the train. If not, there 'tis.

2. Selecting neighbors to boost train - I really DON'T like the new way of selecting neighbors to boost the train. It's MUCH slower having to do them one at a time instead of using the checkboxes. I timed it today - took me 4 minutes to select 50 neighbors. Used to be able to do it in less than a minute. Also, I have lots of neighbors and 3 trains. I like to alternate so I send Boosts to all neighbors eventually. With the new format, it's difficult to get a visual sense of which neighbors I've sent to recently and which I haven't. When we were able to view more neighbors at once, it was easier. Also, is there ANY way to permanently remove people from this list? I have many people who once played FT and now don't - including one person who has died. I can remove them from my neighbor list but they still show up in train boost and gifting lists. I've always wished we could have more control over this list but it's an even bigger problem now that it takes so long to load the boost list page. Scrolling through players that no longer play and waiting for subsequent players to load gets annoying.

3. Last but not least: I LOVE the new Christmas Train Railroad! The problem is that I keep wanting to put things in the middle and they end up being run over by the back train track. Can the stacking order on that be fixed similar to how the tree rings are working?

I think that's it for now. I'll be back if I remember more stuff.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 15 2013, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
2. Selecting neighbors to boost train - I really DON'T like the new way of selecting neighbors to boost the train. It's MUCH slower having to do them one at a time instead of using the checkboxes. I timed it today - took me 4 minutes to select 50 neighbors. Used to be able to do it in less than a minute. Also, I have lots of neighbors and 3 trains. I like to alternate so I send Boosts to all neighbors eventually. With the new format, it's difficult to get a visual sense of which neighbors I've sent to recently and which I haven't. When we were able to view more neighbors at once, it was easier. Also, is there ANY way to permanently remove people from this list? I have many people who once played FT and now don't - including one person who has died. I can remove them from my neighbor list but they still show up in train boost and gifting lists. I've always wished we could have more control over this list but it's an even bigger problem now that it takes so long to load the boost list page. Scrolling through players that no longer play and waiting for subsequent players to load gets annoying.
This was a Facebook change for all the games. Nothing was done on this by Farm Town.
For people that no long play the only thing that can be done is for you to unfriend them or if you don't want to do that they would need to remove Farm Town from their apps in Facebook. Those are the only ways they will drop off that list.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 16 2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This was a Facebook change for all the games. Nothing was done on this by Farm Town.
For people that no long play the only thing that can be done is for you to unfriend them or if you don't want to do that they would need to remove Farm Town from their apps in Facebook. Those are the only ways they will drop off that list.
Facebook's motto is: "Let's take the dumbest idea from the shareholder/exec board meeting and do that."

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Dec 16 2013, 07:48 PM

If this has been answered sorry....I don't have time right now to look.

I just realized my storage does NOT give me a total of the item.....just a coin total. When did this happen?? I really would like to see how much I have not the coin amount.
Old Dec 16 2013, 08:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
If this has been answered sorry....I don't have time right now to look.

I just realized my storage does NOT give me a total of the item.....just a coin total. When did this happen?? I really would like to see how much I have not the coin amount.
Have you tried to use a different browser? I think I heard that when someone used another browser that one browser was the same way as yours and another browser it showed the normal way, but I just don't remember where or who made that post.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Dec 16 2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Have you tried to use a different browser? I think I heard that when someone used another browser that one browser was the same way as yours and another browser it showed the normal way, but I just don't remember where or who made that post.

Thanks but I'm happy with chrome. I may try cleaning my cache and see what happens.

I found it under help and support. Taz said to clear your memcache and then your browser cache and I did that and have my totals back.

Last edited by Jean's Farm; Dec 16 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old Dec 16 2013, 08:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Thanks but I'm happy with chrome. I may try cleaning my cache and see what happens.
Have you tried to clear the Farm Town memcache. The memcache is different than your computers cache, this is Farm Town’s cache on their server, sometimes the cache on their server gets bad data or data that doesn't let new data be stored and needs to be cleared. To clear the FT memcache, click on the blue Click Here that is shown in my signature line and you will see a list saying unsetting, this is normal, once the page loads it is done and all you need to do is close that page and your farm if it is open, then clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and close it. Then sign back in and you are ready to go. I use chrome all the time and it works good, maybe check for an upgrade on chrome, even though it says auto some times it isn't or maybe it downloaded a bad update. I use chrome and don't experience that problem.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Dec 16 2013, 10:04 PM
Account Not Linked

I just noticed that you can move all of your animals from the shed to storage in a couple of clicks, thank you for that so much, I knew you could move them from storage to the shed, but not from the shed to storage, I saw the picture that I believe it was Mary posted but it didn't sink in until I wanted to empty and move a shed.

Old Dec 16 2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Have you tried to clear the Farm Town memcache. The memcache is different than your computers cache, this is Farm Town’s cache on their server, sometimes the cache on their server gets bad data or data that doesn't let new data be stored and needs to be cleared. To clear the FT memcache, click on the blue Click Here that is shown in my signature line and you will see a list saying unsetting, this is normal, once the page loads it is done and all you need to do is close that page and your farm if it is open, then clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and close it. Then sign back in and you are ready to go. I use chrome all the time and it works good, maybe check for an upgrade on chrome, even though it says auto some times it isn't or maybe it downloaded a bad update. I use chrome and don't experience that problem.

I found this in the forum and did that and my totals are back now!!! Thank you!!!!
Closed Thread