Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jun 01 2013, 10:52 PM

Default Just venting

I don't hav e a problem buying farm cash to buy things that make the game better. And I have spent a bundle buying farm cash. But the way the tools are being sold, just rubs me the wrong way. Buy now, we should be able to load every darn factory and store in the game, IMHO, ( if you have bought all the tools offered ). Sure, I get it, if you can sell 10 or 12 of something you make more money than if you sell 6 or 7. Totally understand that. But enough is enough. With 18 farms we need tools that will actually SAVE US TIME. And having to still sort through 100 or more facilities AFTER using the tubro tools does not save any time at all. In fact in may take MORE time now.
Old Jun 03 2013, 12:53 PM

DON'T USE FARM CASH TO BUY LAND!!

it's a waste. Use it to buy facilities and tools first!!!!

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jun 04 2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post

I totally agree I never pay Farm cash to buy land.. I recently spent $5 billion or so coins upgrading my land....when the next lot of levels gets added I will use my FC to buy either a tool or a facility
Old Jun 04 2013, 06:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post

I can see if it is a decision between land and tools/facs, but if you have the tools/facs already, then it isn't a waste if you want the land and don't have the coins. I have used FC on most of the upper upgrades, the ones that cost in the billions.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jun 04 2013, 11:01 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

When farmers are just starting out and don't have enough neighbours, the only way to get farm 3 is to use farm cash. After that farms can be bought with coins.
Old Jun 04 2013, 12:07 PM

I would suggest to any.... any... new player: Don't be eager to spend any of your farm cash right away

You will be better off to see all that is available, how much FC will be required (thousands, literally) , and whether it is better to put good effort into getting neighbors (from existing neighbors, or from some FT groups), or spending that little bit of cash..... or asking for a gift card to purchase FC.

Go a little slow, read the info at this forum... and then enjoy any decision you will make.

Old Jun 05 2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartismum View Post
When farmers are just starting out and don't have enough neighbours, the only way to get farm 3 is to use farm cash. After that farms can be bought with coins.
What's even better is to come here and ask for neighbors. No need to spend FC at all!

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jun 08 2013, 11:32 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Well, I bought the TURBO Boat when it came out... knowing full well it would only fish for fish.. and not pluck apples.

When the TURBO Shaker comes out, I will also buy it... knowing what it should do.

The same goes for the TURBO Drive Thru.... or the TURBO Bottler... or the eventual TURBO for restaurants etc.

What is strange is that the release included the information on what these TURBOs will do. How much more can they do. And certainly history has told us
[1] the enhanced tools won't be cheap, and will be offered in stages of speed enhancement.
[2] we can "get along" with or without them, depending on how we choose to play the game

For now, I have not yet bought the two newest TURBOs. I figure I still have to do a lot of clicking in the Facility Manager to re-load everything. So until the other TURBOs come out I will be content. Instead I bought all the farm expansions and choose to work on them.

At the next release, I encourage those who are unhappy, yet still playing, to remember that the info is there, and the best thing to do is to wait half a day or so, read the incoming posts regarding the new stuff, and then decide what to buy or not.

Well said StoneFace, I did buy the new turbos and I love it, can't wait for the others to come out. And, you are right, Raul explains very clearly what each of them will do and there are other posts that tell exactly which facilities are the ones that the Start All button will do... well the thread of the news release is closed so hopefully next week (tonight?) we will see which turbo we get this time...
Old Jun 08 2013, 11:39 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I will drink to that... just not any Aussie beer or whatever.... I will stick to my Johnny Walker Black (or Green if the mood strikes on a new release day)

I shall have a martini, shaken not stirred please... and already have my $$ burning a hole in my bluejeans waiting for the new turbo tools to come out....
Old Jun 09 2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
Well said StoneFace, I did buy the new turbos and I love it, can't wait for the others to come out. And, you are right, Raul explains very clearly what each of them will do and there are other posts that tell exactly which facilities are the ones that the Start All button will do... well the thread of the news release is closed so hopefully next week (tonight?) we will see which turbo we get this time...
well...... lol..... not sure if it is all explained or spelled "very" clearly, but yes, the information is there. I tend to read the comments that follow for a day, and re-read the release info. However, I do buy the facilities and expansions almost immediately.

My guess: avid players see the new release and new crops or trees and HURRY to plant so they can get a jump on whatever.

This is something I no longer do (yep, I used to). For example, when the Teak trees were released, I planted NONE. And in about the same time that I would have harvested the first crop, all kinds of Teak-tree-bonuses were available from the many who had planted. In short order, I had more Teak logs and lumber than I really needed to fill 5 sawmills. Since then, I have planted a reasonable amount and my needs are filled. Then when I hit the different bonus levels I still get a huge numbers in my inventory.

Last edited by Tony D; Jun 09 2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: posted guesses in Social section