Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 06 2012, 07:03 AM

Default Updates

Farm town was once a "game" that everyone could afford to play. Now, it appears to have become an "investment". The cost of expansions has risen again. Is it really that necessary to exclude those that cannot afford the investment for the sake of the developers making mega bucks? Seems that many are becoming discouraged and leaving this site. Maybe time to re-evaluate what the purpose really is, especially if the game all of a sudden becomes defunked. Where is our investment going then?

Just some thoughts. Hopefully someone will ponder.
Old May 06 2012, 07:04 AM

I thought this was a thread about the new update! If you feel the urge to complain about something pls. use an other thread. Some of us don't want to listen to your moaning and groaning all the time. Besides use your creativity to address the issue of the dirth paths.
Old May 06 2012, 07:20 AM

Default Sinking problem fixed!

wow! I love that you fixed the sinking problem! I went to my "beach" and found all kinds of things that had disappeared under the sand were now magically there! Still enjoying the variety of shrubs you put out in the update prior to this one as well. ( Now....if you would just put aside all those useless farming tool items in the gift section I'd be really happy. )
Old May 06 2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhiingan View Post
Farm town was once a "game" that everyone could afford to play. Now, it appears to have become an "investment". The cost of expansions has risen again. Is it really that necessary to exclude those that cannot afford the investment for the sake of the developers making mega bucks? Seems that many are becoming discouraged and leaving this site. Maybe time to re-evaluate what the purpose really is, especially if the game all of a sudden becomes defunked. Where is our investment going then?

It's only an "investment" if you MAKE it an "investment". If you WANT to pay $500 on a Facebook game, particularily this one, that's your own choice. I'd be completely bored if I had everything, every expansion, etc., and I'd be even more annoyed that I spent $500 on a game to do that.

The point of the game is, yanno, to play the game.

I've been paying about $20 a year and still having a blast. This is really one of T H E M O S T generous "free to play" games out there. If that's not generous enough for you then gosh...

PS---I also work at my farm a little at a time because I don't expect things to happen overnight. If you WANT to have EVERYTHING in the game overnight, then YES you SHOULD have to pay $500. But don't complain that you're bored!!!!

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old May 06 2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharcicia View Post
I thought this was a thread about the new update! If you feel the urge to complain about something pls. use an other thread. Some of us don't want to listen to your moaning and groaning all the time. Besides use your creativity to address the issue of the dirth paths.
This thread IS about the new update which DID affect the way some people play this game. I posted the fact I was feeling sad because I could no longer use the paths to overlap the water features to make waterfalls and to create 3d farms. Not all people play for exp points and making coins. Some of us just breeze along and have fun making our farms pretty. The new update changed all that and the devs won't know about it unless we speak out. If you don't want to read peoples comments don't browse the forum. This IS the place to speak about the affects the new updates have caused.
Old May 06 2012, 08:39 AM

I just have a question. What is meant by "hollow land". I can't seem to find it in the paths or anything? Am I missing something?
Old May 06 2012, 09:04 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
This thread IS about the new update which DID affect the way some people play this game. I posted the fact I was feeling sad because I could no longer use the paths to overlap the water features to make waterfalls and to create 3d farms. Not all people play for exp points and making coins. Some of us just breeze along and have fun making our farms pretty. The new update changed all that and the devs won't know about it unless we speak out. If you don't want to read peoples comments don't browse the forum. This IS the place to speak about the affects the new updates have caused.
Spot on AussieGecko.. this has made a major impact on the game, and certainly not for the better. Im hoping Raul will revise this and give us back the use of the dirt path as we know it. Of course we should voice our thoughts on this so the devs know what the majority want!
Old May 06 2012, 09:12 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Sorry.. how can it be 'free to play' when you pay 'real' money on it ?
Or am I missing a link.....

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 06 2012, 09:23 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
I have to disagree with you here. People can suggest things, like having little people for our farm, having paths that sink below buildings etc but they don't know how it will be created. They are suggesting things they want to see happen in the game. When changes are made they are tested to make sure they are working before being released. The people who make the game know the paths were used for creating waterfalls and 3d effects. They are the ones who have made the change and they are the ones to fix the change and they are the ones responsible for the change. Nothing to do with the person who made a suggestion, they don't know about programming.
The testing by the programs would be the Alpha version of the software. We are doing the bata testing as the game says it is a bata version. When everything is done with and no more bugs or problems can be faoun then the software is finalize. I like the bata since there are changes and more changes that make the game more interesting as time goes on.

Now that the bata testers have a problem with the dirt path or what so many believe is a proplem and request a way to have it turned back to how it worked, we will just have to wait and see if it is or if we have to play with it the way it is now.

Visit 's Farm

Old May 06 2012, 09:34 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhiingan View Post

After pondering what you said I have decided that The game has always been an investment. The developers have invested there time and knowledge in not there monies to making the game. With this investment in placed they then offered the game to people to play for free. The basic game is still free to play, the bells and whistles to make the playing more fun and easier are extras that cost real cash for the players to buy, even then the players do get free FC for playing the game and advancing in it. Granted not all they would like but some. There is a saying of TANSTAAFL which I find true in real life. With that said I feel that we can play with we have been given for free or decide to spend for the bells and whistles if we want them, just like we have to in real life.

Now I WANT MY DIRT PATHS TO WOEK THE OLD WAY, THE FREIGHT TRAIN TO BE FREE, AND EVERY BELL AND WHISTLE THAT IS AVAILABLE AND I WANT IT FOR free.

Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread