Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 13 2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamine View Post
It's an international game.. and no, not every policeman has guns... not where I live, they eat fish and chips and use a billy club.... for me it's a bit strange and distasteful... but then so is the idea of policemen eating tons of donut's. Guns are very rare in my country. I can also see a lot of parents being upset and no longer wanting their children to play, as they thought this was a family friendly game. Funny enough, I wouldn't mind if the guns were for farmers, that's more usual over here, but armed police aren't.

Yep it's a game, but the policemen in farm town aren't making me smile... not sure I will have them.
That is why it is your choice to have or not. If something doesn't fit my farm or my style I don't buy it. Simple as that.
Old Apr 13 2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetys View Post
I agree - extremely distasteful to me too
If you all or going to disgusted over what a factory you don't have to buy makes you should have quit playing a long time ago.
Old Apr 13 2012, 08:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
I am not mad. You say they have added things to help us. Maybe you are helped because you can afford all those FC tools, facilities and farm expansions. I can't and I have enough XP to EVENTUALLY get 150+ FC even if I never play again. But they dribble out the levels at a snails pace. Why? No reason I can discern. This is the root of my frustration. I could care less about the titles ascribed to each level but WHY must we wait to get levels we have obviously already EARNED?!

Every 6 months they add 12 FC facilities and I get 75 levels so I can buy 2 of the 12 and that assumes not buying any of those helpful tools! Frustration!
The answer is simple.This is a business.If they just let everyone go to the level of current xp,and gave the fc for each level,there are a lot of people who would be sitting on well over 1000 free fc.Since xp is easy enough for anyone to gain multiple levels on a good day playing normally(This doesn't count the people using a certain something to gain 10-20 M xp daily),no one would ever have a need to buy fc again.In a nutshell,they might as well do away with fc at that point and sell everything for coins....right before the game shuts down.The fact is,you do NOT need to spend real money for land expansions,nor do you have to have every shiny pixel they put on the market.The game can be played for free,albeit at a slightly slower pace than those who buy everything.I certainly do not have all the factories,nor most of the tools.Hell,I have been playin 3 years nearly,and still have 4 farms not upgraded to 24x24 yet.

If you WANT everything...for free..then you will have to wait for them to give it to you,meanwhile,they have a business to run,bills to pay.
Old Apr 13 2012, 08:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
If you all or going to disgusted over what a factory you don't have to buy makes you should have quit playing a long time ago.
Well said.(insert "LIKE" jpeg here)
Old Apr 13 2012, 09:19 PM

Love the new items and upgrades! Love the train too! I have been somewhat annoyed by the constant pop ups to visit all the other peep's farms. Seems like ever minute or so and unending. This is one reason I left zynga, they wore me out. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old Apr 14 2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Love the new items and upgrades! Love the train too! I have been somewhat annoyed by the constant pop ups to visit all the other peep's farms. Seems like ever minute or so and unending. This is one reason I left zynga, they wore me out. Has anyone else noticed this?
The pop-ups do seem to happen often right after a new release. You do know that you can just keep hitting the "Sorry I am busy right now". I never answer those pop-ups. I go to my neighbors farms on my own time when I am ready! They should settle down in a couple of days.
Deborah
Old Apr 14 2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
The pop-ups do seem to happen often right after a new release. You do know that you can just keep hitting the "Sorry I am busy right now". I never answer those pop-ups. I go to my neighbors farms on my own time when I am ready! They should settle down in a couple of days.
Deborah

Another thing I do to keep the pop-ups from happening (or when I want to piddle around on the farm with no one bothering me) is to "DISCONNECT" from the mainframe. It's a huge help.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Apr 14 2012, 09:18 AM

The train is cool, but no caboose? This is my only gripe about an otherwise good update.
Old Apr 14 2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq60302 View Post
The train is cool, but no caboose? This is my only gripe about an otherwise good update.
Patience.... patience.... patience

Last month the game announced that train commerce would be added to the game in the next two releases.

This release we got the basic introduction. And the train and the passenger cars are available for coin.

They only have one view at this time, but the game has already informed us that 4 and possibly 8 views will be offered (probably to allow the trains to be placed on curved track.)

Also, the next release should/could include the other types of cars... like freight cars to deliver products which we run short of.

Anyway, the caboose would only encourage the train staff to go play cards instead of working.

Old Apr 14 2012, 09:47 AM

By the way Slashkey, thank you for refusing to dumb down this game, and including everything you are including.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Closed Thread