Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Sometimes I wish we had a 'like' button
Here you go!

Old Mar 08 2012, 04:21 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
#2 The quest are RANDOM.I do not know why people cannot grasp this.The program inside the game that generates your quest for the day HAS NO IDEA if you spent $5 or $500.It also does not care.The quest you,or anyone else receives is pure dumb-luck.Your coin reward for completing a quest in of course determined by time,which is the only non-random factor.The chance of receiving farmcash is the same for everyone on every single quest.The possibility exist that a free player with no fc facilities can receive 10 quest in a row involving only coin purchased factories,and could receive 1 fc for each of them,while his neighbor who spent $900,has everything,completes 10 quest and gets 0 fc.
Now,with the fact that if you took an average of quest from a large enough sample,it may in fact be that those with more factories are gaining more fc than those without.However,it would be due to the fact that they are able to,on average,complete more quest.Just like buying lottery tickets,the more you buy,the more CHANCES you have to win...The odds however remain the same for each one.

This is the fairest way to do this.A completely random quest has a completely random chance of giving 1 fc.
Kudos! Now I can rest easy! I have spent my last $1 (U.S.) on facilities for the quests. Thank you for this explanation. Now:

HOW ABOUT EXPLAINING THIS TO ALL THE PLAYERS?
It could be added to the message we see when we first click on a new quest, either high-lighted or in bold italic with underlining.

visit GRANDPA5280'S FARMS
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9958&farm_ix=Y
Old Mar 08 2012, 07:19 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaCA View Post
I have all the factories and all the service facilities. I can help you finish your quests if you'd like to be friends. I've completed several and never had any problems.
In case no one has said anything yet, Virginia, it doesn't work that way. No-one can complete the final step in anyone else's facility, each of us has to use our own. You can help someone get ingredients by letting them harvest, or by sending them a gift, or by selling them what they need, but you cannot build the final product for them, and they cannot work your facilities to get the final product. +1 for trying to help, tho.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 08 2012, 07:38 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
In case no one has said anything yet, Virginia, it doesn't work that way. No-one can complete the final step in anyone else's facility, each of us has to use our own. You can help someone get ingredients by letting them harvest, or by sending them a gift, or by selling them what they need, but you cannot build the final product for them, and they cannot work your facilities to get the final product. +1 for trying to help, tho.
Plus, they would need to have the correct lifeline at just the right time that would allow them to work for you to get ingredients. the chances of getting what you need are much better if you just go to the market and ask to buy what you need or work for it.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 08 2012, 07:53 PM

So, what is the answer for the quests that require factories that we do not have and require FC to buy them? Is this a ploy to make more money for FT?
Old Mar 08 2012, 08:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstewart47170@yahoo.com View Post
So, what is the answer for the quests that require factories that we do not have and require FC to buy them? Is this a ploy to make more money for FT?
This is not a ploy for FT to make more money, if you do not have the factory to complete a quest, you will just have to let that quest expire and wait for the next one to open the next day. The quests are picked at random and FT doesn't care if you buy the factory needed to complete the quest.
Old Mar 08 2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
This question has been asked and answered many times throughout this thread. Those who have done all the quests so far and have kept a record have found that they have been almost exactly a 50/50 balance of those that require farm cash facilities and those that require only coin facilities.

They have been quite fair about it and the choice is ours.

Old Mar 08 2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
All businesses have ways they try to get you to part with your money. Whether or not you part with it is up to you.

I don't have all the cash facilities and I have not been able to complete all the quests. No biggie. I just wait and see what is available the next day.
Old Mar 08 2012, 08:40 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
if you have the EMPLOYEE lifeline you CAN work neighbours facilities to get what you need....I have done it and so have some of my friends... its only the final product you cannot get by working others facilities...

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 09 2012, 07:33 AM

I have done a Quest a day since they started and am now thoroughly bored with the whole thing

Farming since: 14 December 2009