Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 19 2012, 04:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmeme View Post
Thx...had no idea how to use the lifeline...then went back and looked and found a life preserver on the area of quests...I will make it just under the wire for this one. Have 7 hrs. left and need 2 more after hit life vest and went back to do a neighbors facil. Now all have left is two hours and the quest will be done...Live and learn.
The Game Guide has a good chapter (29) about how the quests and lifelines work that might help you to understand what each lifeline does for you. Here is a link to it:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 20 2012, 09:50 AM

Default Farm Cash from Quests

Hi!

I distinctly remember when Slash Key said at the start of the Quests, that one someday could get Farm Cash for completing some quest or other however not all quests. Will that be three years or just two years down the road? Just wondering.
Old Dec 20 2012, 11:52 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohn726 View Post
Hi!

I distinctly remember when Slash Key said at the start of the Quests, that one someday could get Farm Cash for completing some quest or other however not all quests. Will that be three years or just two years down the road? Just wondering.
Hi ,

I've moved your post into feedback for quests. I'm sorry but we do not have that information at this time.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 30 2012, 02:00 PM

so far i have had no luck with the quests. I tried the first one and it wanted me do something with a facility that cost "real money" and therefore I dont have. Same with the second quest. I play farm town because it is something that fits in my budget. I can not affort to purchase anything that costs real money. Why does the game give me quests that I can not finish. Getting frustrated and I only just started trying quests.
Old Dec 30 2012, 10:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Treen View Post
so far i have had no luck with the quests. I tried the first one and it wanted me do something with a facility that cost "real money" and therefore I dont have. Same with the second quest. I play farm town because it is something that fits in my budget. I can not affort to purchase anything that costs real money. Why does the game give me quests that I can not finish. Getting frustrated and I only just started trying quests.
The quests you get are random and not dependent on wheteher you have a particular facility or not.
We do have Life Lines to help with the quests that can be used for all but the last step. If you haven't read through it there is a chapter in the Game Guide that does explain the quests fairly well. Here is a link to that chapter:
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 30 2012, 11:42 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The quests you get are random and not dependent on wheteher you have a particular facility or not.
We do have Life Lines to help with the quests that can be used for all but the last step. If you haven't read through it there is a chapter in the Game Guide that does explain the quests fairly well. Here is a link to that chapter:
Taz, you have helped me with some problems. I know you aren't an administrator, but wish you had some "pull" with them. I have done many quests and get a great deal of pride in doing them very fast. In fact, I have a quest farm to help me complete them rapidly.

It is discouraging when I have 5-6 quests in a row that I can not complete because I do not have the facilities needed. It would be helpful if we accepted the quest AFTER we saw what it was. If we didn't have the facilities (and the lifelines don't help every situation in the steps), we could Pass on the quest and open another one. I understand that some farmers might pass on the smaller ones and go through several before they got a "biggie" more challenging quest that they want. That's easily solved. Just let us pass on only one or two quests that we can't do.

I have another suggestion that would be so very easy to fix. If the quest requires loading into a Service Facility, put a small picture of the facility on that step so you would know at the beginning where it would go. I have gotten a complex quest ready to load only to find that there are more than one Service Facility that uses that product and I don't have the one in the quest. Yes, I can sell the product I just made, but I do not get any bonus for my quick work and I don't get the satisfaction of a rapid completion.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully a developer will see it and help us out.

Happy Farming!
Old Dec 31 2012, 12:25 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
Taz, you have helped me with some problems. I know you aren't an administrator, but wish you had some "pull" with them. I have done many quests and get a great deal of pride in doing them very fast. In fact, I have a quest farm to help me complete them rapidly.

It is discouraging when I have 5-6 quests in a row that I can not complete because I do not have the facilities needed. It would be helpful if we accepted the quest AFTER we saw what it was. If we didn't have the facilities (and the lifelines don't help every situation in the steps), we could Pass on the quest and open another one. I understand that some farmers might pass on the smaller ones and go through several before they got a "biggie" more challenging quest that they want. That's easily solved. Just let us pass on only one or two quests that we can't do.

I have another suggestion that would be so very easy to fix. If the quest requires loading into a Service Facility, put a small picture of the facility on that step so you would know at the beginning where it would go. I have gotten a complex quest ready to load only to find that there are more than one Service Facility that uses that product and I don't have the one in the quest. Yes, I can sell the product I just made, but I do not get any bonus for my quick work and I don't get the satisfaction of a rapid completion.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully a developer will see it and help us out.

Happy Farming!
Hi there,

Whenever you have ideas for the game, they need to be placed in the suggestions area of the forum. That's where the developers will look to see what ideas they like and may want to change/add or improve to the game. There is no guarantee your suggestion will be implemented, but it will be seen by them.

For quests the suggestions thread to post in is.........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469794 If you are going to place a suggestion there please read the 1st post to see if it's already been suggested. Please note comments and replies are not permitted there so you will not receive feedback for your idea there.

Thanks

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 02 2013, 06:01 PM

Default About these Quests...

OK, I just feel I have to say something here. I might have it wrong, and I'm hoping to be shown just that.

I just started doing the quests, and they're great, I've done two, and was just telling a neighbour how great they are, and how it's almost exciting anticipating what the next quest will be.

Then it all came crashing down with a crushing feeling that I've been conned.

Just the third quest in and I get one that requires me to buy a new Factory, one that cost $32fc. Really? Just the third quest in?? Am I going to have to spend my hard earned on a new Factory, every Third Quest???
I'm just gonna forget all about the quests now, that killed them for me.

It's not like I don't like to spend money on this game, I love the game, it's the only game I play. I think the Devs are fantastic, have done fantastic work and deserve to get paid for it. I've probably spent a couple of hundred on the game over the years and it's been worth every cent.

But I like to spend when it's convenient for me, when there are things I really need to enhance my game, and when I have a bit of spare change to spare.
I don't like to be (For want of a better word) pushed, into spending my money on the game, to finish a silly quest in a certain amount of time.

They could have at least given me 10 or 20 quests before hitting me up for money, but the Third Quest??? I couldn't believe it, What a con.
Old Jan 02 2013, 08:19 PM

I wish to apologize to the Devs, I did say at the start of my rant that, "I might have it wrong, and I'm hoping to be shown just that." Well I wasn't exactly shown, but I did read through the forum a bit, about the lifelines, and it looks like I can gain my products for this quest by working at a neighbour's farm who is making such items.

So here's hoping I can continue with the quests without being told I need to buy a certain factory or facility to complete it. At least for a few more quests anyway lol.
Old Jan 02 2013, 10:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Hoss View Post
I wish to apologize to the Devs, I did say at the start of my rant that, "I might have it wrong, and I'm hoping to be shown just that." Well I wasn't exactly shown, but I did read through the forum a bit, about the lifelines, and it looks like I can gain my products for this quest by working at a neighbour's farm who is making such items.

So here's hoping I can continue with the quests without being told I need to buy a certain factory or facility to complete it. At least for a few more quests anyway lol.
you don't need to buy a fc facility, you can just let that quest expire...you will get a new one every day...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20