Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 11:34 AM
Account Not Linked

Default To the Developers: Thanks

Thanks for changing FT back to the way it was prior to Dec 21. I'm sure a lot of work went into the changes, but I'm glad to see harvesting/plowing stacking again. This is SO much better.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:35 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I almost hate to wander back into all of this lol but.. what a lot of people don't seem to realize is that the updates are one problem and the servers people are on which comes up in other threads is another. My server apparently is old and lame like a 3 legged sheep. So this update was a killer. I have to wait or double click every single field I want to harvest and it still won't save worth a da... On the other hand I hired someone this morning who burned through half my farm in 5 minutes. For me.. being able to que fields and then just ignore the game while the server catches up means a lot. Also for some reason, my planting has gotten much slower with this update so yeah going back or somewhere in the middle would be really nice for me.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:36 AM

Default Limint Number of Hires

To eliminate all this collision of avatars (which is due in part to greedy farmers) instead of changing how we plow, why not limit the number of hires to 1. There is no added advantage to hiring more than one farmer, you don't get more money or points for it. A lot of farmers stick to hiring one person, and it works out well. I think you should make so you can only hire 1 person to work. That's my 2 cents.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Harvesting/Plowing

I don't understand....the changes brought the harvesting and plowing all the way back to this summer...I had to hire 5 people to harvest and plow to do the job of 1 or 2 people...what were you trying to accomplish, exactly!??? Thank you!
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:41 AM

Default speed

speed is there any way of going like half way between old an new way in a way this is nice it stops all the speed demons an gives others a chance
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:45 AM

one or two would be great some people are playing while on lunch so it's to there benifit to be able to hire at least 2 people
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchere View Post
after getting used to it i like the new because it eliminates the "hackers"who just go in and start clicking everywhere., very anoying. thank you.

That's what I said on page # 42 and then everyone jumped on me LOL...

Hackers /cheaters... I am a turbo harvester and plower, and I welcome the change... or I can go back to the old. I love the game no matter what. I built my PC 7 years ago, and for FT I added more memory back in May.

On the other hand slow clickers and slow computers should not be complaining...anymore than the faster ones.

You don't ask a developer to change a game because your computer is old and slow as are your fingers... and you don't ask a developer to change the game because you are in a hurry and "it takes too long". Farming is there 24/7 and if your time is too short.... go play Farmville LMAO

No rose garden promises, but a solid game provided for FREE.
++

MAIN ACCOUNT
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=690252375
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:51 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremos View Post
To eliminate all this collision of avatars (which is due in part to greedy farmers) instead of changing how we plow, why not limit the number of hires to 1. There is no added advantage to hiring more than one farmer, you don't get more money or points for it. A lot of farmers stick to hiring one person, and it works out well. I think you should make so you can only hire 1 person to work. That's my 2 cents.

i agree with the most part of this opinion but 2 is better then one if the limit was that it would be better and a little faster

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywood™ View Post
Now THERE'S a Christian attitude. Gotta love that picture of the Bible in tandem with "go jump in a lake and take the horse you came in with too"
Did you not also read the apology posted by this person??
Your post does not seem to add anything to the thread besides trying to start something ...

I read the apology and accepted it - people make comments in the heat of the moment and when they ask for forgiveness, should be extended it.

I still like the new way - no problems with it at all.
Hope that they don't revert ...
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Dec 23 2009, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down way to slow,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
****[UPDATE]**** Please see the new created thread for latest information

Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul
It has made it so much longer to get through it. ever click youhave to stop and wait, every single one, or it says wait i am busy. I hate it, i cant hardly get anything done, its awful, to say the least. sorry , i am not trying to be difficult, it is just taking forever to get any coins or xp's
Closed Thread