Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 10:46 AM

I find this morning that the avatar is a bit faster than yesterday. Now THIS is da bomb!!! I think the new upgrade is a great one and it appears to make things alot more fair for everyone. You can clearly see where you and others have been and there are no collisions.....I like what one poster suggested about limiting the number of people working on a farm according to the size of the farm perhaps?
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:47 AM

after getting used to it i like the new because it eliminates the "hackers"who just go in and start clicking everywhere., very anoying. thank you.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:48 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stefan View Post
Well said

Notice it is the same people *****ing and complaining now that were *****ing and complaining about the lost XP and coins etc? Wah wah, if I don't get my every whim I'm going to quit the game. 'Ok, go ahead and quit', is what I would say. But the devs are nicer than me so they have decided to change it back to the way it was . Now, will the whiners shut up and just enjoy the game. It is, after all, free. The paid items have always been 100% optional.

Stop trying to spoil the game for those of us who are just here to enjoy ourselves.

Lord Stefan has spoken
Sorry Stefan I don't normally complain about things, but i do hate this new thing. It is too slow and very tedious. I won't quit if they don't change back, but I won't be playing as often. Btw, I know nobody cares if I play or not. This is just my opinion just like the above is yours.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeach View Post
But it is ever so much slower - behaves like Farmville which I loathe. Click and wait, click and wait.
It isn't though, myself and another player have just harevsted a whole big farm in no time at all - we were both really quick. If you harvest or plow in straight lines it's just as quick as before, if not quicker. I really prefer this new method and wish it wasn't being changed back.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchere View Post
after getting used to it i like the new because it eliminates the "hackers"who just go in and start clicking everywhere., very anoying. thank you.
The new method is NOT necessary when you are working for a neighbor or buddy. All it accomplishes is slowing you down.
I personally think the appropriate solution to the so-called "colllision" problem would have been to LIMIT THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES THAT COULD BE HIRED instead of changing the harvesting/plowing method.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley1607 View Post
It isn't though, myself and another player have just harevsted a whole big farm in no time at all - we were both really quick. If you harvest or plow in straight lines it's just as quick as before, if not quicker. I really prefer this new method and wish it wasn't being changed back.
I'm sorry...it may be just a quick for YOU. But it is NOT for most others! I harvest and plow in straight lines and did so MUCH FASTER with the previous method...especially plowing!
Understand?
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:01 AM

Default Wee Wee Wee All the Way Home LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockets View Post
Sorry Stefan I don't normally complain about things, but i do hate this new thing. It is too slow and very tedious. I won't quit if they don't change back, but I won't be playing as often. Btw, I know nobody cares if I play or not. This is just my opinion just like the above is yours.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Merry Christmas to you too.
Yes we are all expressing our opinions. Some do this more vocally than others and in a more childish and demanding way.
This new system may be a bit slower and maybe tedious to some, but when you get to the end of the job you do now have to wait until it all saves (which often took quite a bit of time). Much of the lost coins and XP were due to farmers leaving a job before allowing the work to save.
This has been my experience thus far.

Anyhow, the devs said by the end of the day they will change things back. Expect the old problems as well. :-) It's only fair.

Stefan
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down This "old version" is terrible!

I don't even understand why they did this (even after reading their "explanation"). In my experience, the problem was solved as soon as the implemented the change which allowed points and coins to be awarded as soon as you clicked on a field to plow it. I've been harvesting and plowing super fast with NO lost coins or points. I did not have to wait for the job to finish. It was all working perfectly! As soon as I click on a field, I received the point and/or coins immediately, and none were lost when I left the farm. Maybe they need to look at my farm to see why everything worked so well, then carry it over to other farms....

This new/old version (new to me, as I have only been on Farmtown a few months) is TERRIBLE! It takes WAY longer to plow or harvest, and often it doesn't show the fields that have already been plowed or harvested. So I click in one corner, and wait and wait for my avatar to get there, only for it to say "Already done." DOH!

Everything was fine before, but now it takes so long to harvest and plow, that it's not even worth it. I'm starting a Farmville farm.

Thank you for your attempt, but I don't think you guys are fully thinking these changes through and how they are going to impact players. I've seen nothing but posts of protests. Just look at your Forums. Maybe they are not posted in the right threads, but they are there.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Thank you for listening! I look forward to you changing it back.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:28 AM

Yuk. Took me 20 minutes to harvest a field of cabbage. I appreciate all of the hard work the devs do to better this game, but I agree that this is a step backward.

But, being the addict that I am, I will keep playing! I love FT and love 99.99% of all the upgrades- THANKS DEVS!!

Merry Christmas to all!
Closed Thread