Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Jan 20 2015, 12:14 PM

Hi Rob,
I have tried several times ( 9) to get my entry on the Forum, but am unable to get the picture to appear. I have the Link * the URL posted...but the picture will not come up. Can you please help me get it posted
I have cleaned the cache several times but is didn't help.
Thank you in advance.
Donna
Old Jan 20 2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Fornal View Post
Hi Rob,
I have tried several times ( 9) to get my entry on the Forum, but am unable to get the picture to appear. I have the Link * the URL posted...but the picture will not come up. Can you please help me get it posted
I have cleaned the cache several times but is didn't help.
Thank you in advance.
Donna
Hi Donna

Rob is not around at this moment, but your photo is fixed.
Old Feb 02 2015, 03:02 AM

Default muy bien!

Hello!
I applaud the idea of ​​creating two categories , because there are always more experienced players and others who are just beginning . And it is not fair competition between them for some and for others as well .... My congratulations to the team of organizers !!
just add that this January the papers have been impressive !! the jury is very difficult !!!! Luck !!
forgive my bad English traslate i 'm using is not very reliable !
Old Feb 05 2015, 06:13 PM

sorry I have to comment even if it means I am removed from the Forum as a player I absolutely do not understand the rules which of course eventually becomes the judges choices of winners in regards to the first and second place and the use of stacked blocks my understanding from reading the rules is that it is a no go zone ...
Old Feb 05 2015, 06:20 PM

and the other thing is I understood it has to represent the entire movie not just like 1st and second place a scene from the movie... sure would like an explanation because I am lost to know how to 'dechiper' and apply the rules
Old Feb 05 2015, 06:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandee parlor View Post
and the other thing is I understood it has to represent the entire movie not just like 1st and second place a scene from the movie... sure would like an explanation because I am lost to know how to 'dechiper' and apply the rules
Hi Sandee, I will quote the rules for you, they are:-

"You can use any item from the store or gifts.
Your farm can be any size.
You are free to design your farm in whichever way you choose, but please keep in mind that while tricks and illusions can be amazing, it does not necessarily follow that they will give the best feeling of the Movie that you have chosen.
Items can be overhanging the farm boundary, but also keep in mind that this can be very unattractive and could actually prove to be detrimental to your entry."

As you can see there were no exclusions for this competition. Also , if you visit the farms, you will see other area's besides the main picture, which depict other elements of the movie. Therefore, I'm sure you would like to join us in congratulating the winners, as they did indeed , do an amazing job
Old Feb 05 2015, 06:58 PM

yes I see those rules and understand them,however I was referring to the forums decision of block by block entries and their decision was 'not accepting them for now...'to my understand of it any....and yes I congratulate any winner and my questions do not take that away from them I just wanted an understanding of the decision made by the forum. So now I understand we can all down load graphs online and just do block by block entries and submit them as our designs and of course just add a few farm buildings around the place to make up a picture....that should make designing alot easier...I did a block by block entry once but it was my own pattern/design that I drew and create from my own brain...a whole different story..the superman entry can be seen as a graph and downloaded on line I might add...
Old Feb 05 2015, 07:06 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
yes I see those rules and understand them,however I was referring to the forums decision of block by block entries and their decision was 'not accepting them for now...'to my understand of it any....and yes I congratulate any winner and my questions do not take that away from them I just wanted an understanding of the decision made by the forum. So now I understand we can all down load graphs online and just do block by block entries and submit them as our designs and of course just add a few farm buildings around the place to make up a picture....that should make designing alot easier...I did a block by block entry once but it was my own pattern/design that I drew and create from my own brain...a whole different story..the superman entry can be seen as a graph and downloaded on line I might add...
Hi Sandee, I have moved your posts to the Feedback section, as the Winners thread is purely for those who wish to congratulate the winners. There has never been a decision to not accept what you refer to as "block by block". I believe that we eliminated picture farms of any nature, for one competition. As I have previously stated on an earlier post, we have had many farms entered, which are what we call "picture farms" or indeed had areas of a farm that are a "picture". There is no way for us to know whether a graph/cross stitch has been used, or if it has been done freehand, from a picture that was used for inspiration. As we know, many designers, use pictures as "inspiration" and to try and distinguish one from the other, would be impossible. As you have stated, you yourself, have created a picture farm, and by the same respect, we would not be able to determine whether you used a graph, or whether it was done "freehand". The only way for us to regulate this type of farm , would be to exclude picture farms from all future competitions, and that is not an option at this present time. Have a wonderful evening
Old Feb 05 2015, 08:59 PM

Question

well yes" its not an option at the moment" as you say to eliminate block by block ....all I was saying is that I find the whole rules and conditions and requirements and if not actually written in the rules, then stated elsewhere by the forum,what is expected and because its stated its difficult to decipher if the entry is done freehand or copied block by block ...so that reads like its not acceptable...... then blow me down if 1st and second prize aren't done block by block???? just trying to work out what is acceptable throughout the competition from start to finish.
Old Feb 05 2015, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
well yes" its not an option at the moment" as you say to eliminate block by block ....all I was saying is that I find the whole rules and conditions and requirements and if not actually written in the rules, then stated elsewhere by the forum,what is expected and because its stated its difficult to decipher if the entry is done freehand or copied block by block ...so that reads like its not acceptable...... then blow me down if 1st and second prize aren't done block by block???? just trying to work out what is acceptable throughout the competition from start to finish.
Hi Sandee,
The rules for each contest are clearly stated. Pictures have only been left out of 1 contest. Since that time they have been allowed and they can use anything available in Farm Town. No where has it been said that the pictures can not be block by block. Your questions have been answered.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 05 2015 at 09:47 PM.