Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 08:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb1950 View Post
I don't know what's been done, but it just took me a half an hour to plow for someone. It would not let me skip around and kept telling me I was busy, wait. I have never had that happen before. It would only let me plow one field at a time. I couldn't keep going like I could before. Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe if you would quit skipping around, you wouldn't have a problem! Wow! What a concept! They made this change to STOP people like you! but you just don't get it..... If you harvest and plow in an organized manner instead of clicking around randomly running everybody over, it is just as fast.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Raul, for what it's worth, I think it would be a mistake to revert back to the previous method.

I will admit that, at first, I was disconcerted at the loss of the queued fields and the fact that I again had to wait for my avatar to mosey over to where I was working (flashbacks to last summer!). However, if people would just give it a chance and WORK WITH IT for a while, they might find -- as I did -- that the change is not such a big deal as they think. XPs and coins credit right away, moving around isn't as tedious as it used to be pre-queued fields, and it doesn't take all that much more time to harvest/plow. If certain automated considerations don't work with this now, well, they weren't supposed to be used in the first place (if you'll pardon me for mentioning it).

I find it strange that you would consider retracting a change less than 24 hours after its implementation, based solely on demands here, and especially since the other possible fixes you have in mind are less satisfactory and even more likely to receive an outcry. What will you do then? Dial everything back and forth as people demand it?

With every major change to how the game is played, you've had posts in the forum that demand it be changed BACK or they'll leave the game and take all their neighbors with them. They're not indispensable, new players come on all the time. You have far more players who are willing to adjust and give this a try (ever hang out in the MPs? Last night and this morning, nobody was having a cow over this, just jumping in and working).

Please at least give this particular change a bit of time for people to stop b_itching about it, work with it for a while and THEN provide something more constructive in the way of feedback before you make a knee-jerk retraction, Raul. It sets a bad precedent.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:01 AM

The only way the new way is just as fast is if you are very slow. Physically impossible.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
I would completely support limited hiring. "Too many workers" is the biggest complaint I hear about on my farm. That is why I hire one, and sometimes two workers, maximum, to work on my farm. I have received many comment from people who thank me for limiting the number of workers on my farm. There are many people with slow connections and they're left out in the cold because of people with very fast connections. By limiting the number of workers it will equal the playing field in a more fair way, yet not slow down someone who may have a fast connection.

Another valid reason for limiting the number of workers that can be hired on a farm is this: I have been hire to work on numerous farms and have found sometimes 6 and 8 other workers there when I arrive. Some of these farms are the smallest a player can actually have in the game. I've yet to understand why 8 workers would be needed on the smallest farm in the game. But, for some reason, there are farmers who feel the need to hire that many workers at one time. That, to me, is a lack of consideration for other only to satisfy one's own lack of patience to wait an extra few minutes for one or two workers to complete the tasks at hand.

Just the thoughts of a Level 60 player here. But, I'll support the developers...no matter what they decide.
I agree with Scott, I too, have had people thank me over and over for allowing them the whole farm to do..

One Idea may be to limit the number of people you can hire by the level you are at, then put a cap on the number once you reached higher levelsl. Like everything else is... As Scott describes, why hire 8-9 people on the smallest farm...

I believe that people hiring more than one feel that they are going to make more $$$ but the truth is it cost you more. I do understand that we have the option to leave as I do many times. But then you have people who just like to watch the avatar's bumping into each other like a pin ball game....
Like everything else in society you can't control courtesy and being considerate.
I am glad that you are reverting back to the old version, will just have to wait till all the plots are done before leaving the game....Thanks for listening to us..You've done a great job.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:03 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm very disappointed that you all are chickening out and going back. I think it would be great if people actually gave it a chance. I LOVED that it stopped the people who click all over randomly. However, I think putting a limit on hiring is a great compromise. I think you should be able to hire 2 for each task tho because people with really big fields actually do have enough for more than one person to do.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
Raul, for what it's worth, I think it would be a mistake to revert back to the previous method.

I will admit that, at first, I was disconcerted at the loss of the queued fields and the fact that I again had to wait for my avatar to mosey over to where I was working (flashbacks to last summer!). However, if people would just give it a chance and WORK WITH IT for a while, they might find -- as I did -- that the change is not such a big deal as they think. XPs and coins credit right away, moving around isn't as tedious as it used to be pre-queued fields, and it doesn't take all that much more time to harvest/plow. If certain automated considerations don't work with this now, well, they weren't supposed to be used in the first place (if you'll pardon me for mentioning it).

I find it strange that you would consider retracting a change less than 24 hours after its implementation, based solely on demands here, and especially since the other possible fixes you have in mind are less satisfactory and even more likely to receive an outcry. What will you do then? Dial everything back and forth as people demand it?

With every major change to how the game is played, you've had posts in the forum that demand it be changed BACK or they'll leave the game and take all their neighbors with them. They're not indispensable, new players come on all the time. You have far more players who are willing to adjust and give this a try (ever hang out in the MPs? Last night and this morning, nobody was having a cow over this, just jumping in and working).

Please at least give this particular change a bit of time for people to stop b_itching about it, work with it for a while and THEN provide something more constructive in the way of feedback before you make a knee-jerk retraction, Raul. It sets a bad precedent.
There was a huge outcry from the people who play the game. It's commendable that the devs listened.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:05 AM

Thumbs up

RAUL, I GUESS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO THERE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE COMPLAINERS, AND I DID COMPLAIN WHEN THE HARVEST/PLOWING OPTION WAS CHANGED BACK TO THE OLD WAY, BUT YOUR HARD WORK IS APPRECIATED, AND I AM GLAD YOU ARE GOING BACK TO THE NEW WAY OF DOING IT....IF FARMERS DON'T WANT TO PUT A LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THEY HIRE, THEN THEY SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN WHEN THE HARVESTERS ARE RUNNING ALL OVER THE FIELD, AND THE HARVESTERS SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, EITHER....I KNOW YOU ARE DOING YOUR BEST SO THANKS FOR THE HARD WORK AND FOR LISTENING TO US,,,YOU ROCK!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by iots028 View Post
The only way the new way is just as fast is if you are very slow. Physically impossible.
You are so wrong. I've had multiple people comment on how fast I was before and I still move just as fast with the new way because I work in an organized way, harvesting and plowing in straight lines. The only way it is slow is if you skip around.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:08 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis.niese View Post
The only people complaining are those with the faster computers, the new way keeps the playing field equal. I personally like the new way. It works great for the rest of us and the new players.

Thank you
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Competition(s) (games) should always be enjoyed more by those who are better equipped. I remember last spring when I was helping people add memory, upgrade Flash, etc.

All this playing field "leveling" is way to communistic also. lol

Good, old players will always be there to coach the newbies in better technique and shortcuts.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:10 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

My 2 cents:

I liked the update. The way FT was before only faster. It took skill and made the game more challenging and fun and not so monotonous as just clicking on squares and then waiting for them to be done.

Also, I know that the update wasn't for this but, it keeps the ones who like to ruin the experience and play the "mine mine mine" game at bay. With the update I was able to see who was being hog or just plain mean and stepping in front of everyone. This enabled me to be able to hire to plow accordingly.

I say that if the developers put in place that you can only hire one person then so be it. They have to fix the problem one way or another. And although some people (I won't speak for everyone because I CAN'T speak for everyone) didn't like the harvest/plow way that was implemented last night, I think it would be a lot better than only being able to hire one person to do each task. That's going to take even longer for those in a rush to do something else.

I think that some people need to learn how to compromise. Everything can't go your way all of the time. I'm an only child and I went through my phase of learning this. So, please, cut the devs some slack and at least try something out for a few days before you come and just tear them down about it. They are making this FREE game for us. If we were paying them to play the game, then I'd understand the big uproar. Even stating that you don't like the update in a civil manner would be better than the "I HATEEEEEEE ITTTTT. CHANGEEEEE IT B4KKKKK!" that I've seen.

-Kafarmer-

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread