Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:50 PM

I actually had no problems with losing coins until I tried to harvest this evening. I wasn't getting any coins at all for harvesting someone else's farm, so I quit. Plus, it was really really slow.
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw View Post
I know why they changed it. And I'm not the original poster. But a few people complaining about points and coins losses that are around 200? I can't think of a worse possible solution that they came up with to "solve" this problem. And they STILL did NOT solve it. This is bad. 70% less problems. So even this MAJOR change that upsets millions of users did not solve it. If you complain about 200 lost XP, you should get a life. 200 XP is NOTHING. Not even to someone who has been on Farm Town for just a few days. But they still came up with a solution that only cut the "coin loss" problem down to about a third the original size, while annoying millions of users with their "solution". They didn't solve it.

The solution is for users to immediately hit the save button when they're done. And wait for the "pending changes saved" message. All experienced users know this.
Nope. Sorry. I am an "experienced player", level 59 now, and have been playing game since mid-summer, BEFORE harvesting was queued ... in fact, it was much like this except the current change is a bit of an improvement over the original.

But the saving trick? Been there, done that, and as recently as this morning before the Dec. 22 update was implemented, I still "stalled out" on accumulating coins/XPs ... hit save ... and did eventually get the "timed out" pop-up which, in order to keep working, I had to work AROUND. So hitting the save button, whether periodically during harvesting or at the end, was not a cure-all.

Quote:
So implement a solution that does this. This new way of harvesting and plowing is NOT a solution. It does NOT solve the problem. Because it only makes it happen less, but it will still happen. At the cost of losing millions of users who are now very annoyed and won't harvest or plow anyone's farms anymore. Which was a big part of the fun for all those millions.

To the developers: Don't rush things into production until you've tested them.
That's what we're for, actually. The new release is being tested right now, by players of this free game that's still in beta.

Quote:
This is the worst thing the developers have rolled out into production since Farm Town started.

And for developers of free games, losing millions of users is the worst thing that can happen to them...
Matter of opinion, obviously. And although I miss the queued fields, it's just as easy to claim FT was losing millions of players who continually lost their coins/XPs during play.

People have their own different tolerance levels for changes like this and if they want to quit playing, then they will. Others will work with this change, as they have with many others going all the way back to February 2009, and adapt. Those are basically the choices we all have.
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVladDrag0n View Post
I must say....well done!!

Most of the issues with coins and XP that were taking place have been addressed in one fell swoop. I experienced this new harvesting/plowing procedure and I must say it is functioning VERY well for me. Gameplay now seems to have a level playing field for the people with slower connections and those people playing the game WITHOUT CHEAT PROGRAMS.

I would think that the majority of the complaints you will get is from the people with faster connections and/or cheat programs that allowed them to walk all over the people that didn't use the cheating programs and/or are only able to obtain a slower connection to the internet.
My response to that is......"Awwww, poor babies. NOW you actually have to play the game as it was meant to be played."

Thank you Raul and ALL the developers for your hard work and solutions to this particular problem. Awesome job!!!!
I don't have a fast connection and DO NOT use the cheats/bots that some do, and this harvesting is TERRIBLE for me! I understood from the OP that your avatar is supposed to be "teleported" to the first plot you click, except that's not happening for me. Just did a farm where the harvested plots were quite aways from the point that my avatar landed on when the farm loaded. Clicked on the closest plot that I could, and my avatar CRAWLED to that plot and wouldn't do anything. I'm not a "poor baby", but would appreciate it if the process worked a little bit better.
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Unhappy

PLEASE Change It Back The Way IT Was

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Unhappy

If loosing coins was an issue, then you just hit the save button. I really dislike this new feature. It reminds me of when I first started FarmTown. It is alot slower. I could plow so much faster before. This change is not good and has made me sad. Wish it was back the way it was.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Old goat: I don't speak for you. I wouldn't dare. But I can see how many messages here show up responding NEGATIVELY to the last change. It's unprecedented. Never mind. You wouldn't understand. But you're a tiny minority. You would see that if you did some research and thinking.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:53 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermystiq View Post
Chickalita - just want to go on record....most of us did not jump all over the place and "elbow everyone out of the way. I have been giving it time and it doesn't work. They need to change it back.
I totally agree with you. I always harvested and plowed in rows and I've never lost coins or points with the way it was.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Account Not Linked

Default frustration leveling off

Weeelll, ok I may have been a little hasty in my venting. I have been working with the new format and I think they might actually be getting closer to what we need! The problem I see with the new format is: why can't your avatar just teleport to the next sqare...period. As far as the complaints about avatars bumping into one another...my solution is, has been, and always will be: don't hire 10 people to do a job that two or three can do in a timely manner. When I get invited to a farm and there are a bunch of other people there fighting over squares, I LEAVE! No bumping for me...this game is supposed to be a relaxing pasttime...highly addictive as it is...I don't hire more than two people to harvest and plow my fields. I am a level 48 and have two fields...I have never had people bumping into each other on my farm! Summary, the new format needs, in my opinion, tweeked, but you are on the right track...complainers, like myself, are just resisting to change. People are getting frustrated but it is just a game...I keep telling myself that anyway...
Account Not Linked

I do NOT like the changes AT ALL. It is ridiculously slow and the huge harvesting tool is annoying. I was enjoying the game verrrrry much--it's always been my favorite of all the farming games--and looking forward to continuing to level up and get that second farm, but I WILL walk away from the game if the game isn't changed back to the way it was. So will a lot of other people, I suspect.

I never was one to slash up a farm I always harvested and plowed in an orderly fashion and it was very irritating that others didn't do it that way however I must say that the avatar gets in my way and is very distracting. I guess I will get used to it but I don't care for it at first glance. However, NICE TRY. I very much appreciate your effort to fix the XP, coin and cash problem. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT GAME
Closed Thread