Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 31 2012, 10:30 AM

Default Dimming?

Quote:
5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: This is a new preference in the Preference Window. Whenever you select a tool, items that are not relevant to that tool will be dimmed out so that you can have easier access to the items that you're actually going to work on. For example when you select the harvest tool you will only see harvestable items. When you select the fishing rod you will only see water items with grown fish on them. This will work when you are farming on your farms or other people farms.

--Raul
Great feature!
Now we just gotta clean it up?

Yes, please, make the seeder work too!
Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you do the same for the Watering Can?
Old Oct 31 2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, the Developers are aware that the seeder does not activate the dimming function. They may introduce this in the future.
Its a cunning plan - the combines both activate the dimmer switch

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Oct 31 2012, 08:45 PM

I debated on whether to comment or not. Yes I have stacked fields, yes I put a lot of trees on top of these fields. I need them to support all the facilities I have bought over the years. This last release has made harvesting trees so slow that the game is essentially unplayable. If performance can not be improved I have no choice but to find another game to occupy my time and take my money. Either the performance needs to be improved or the yield of crops and trees need to be increased so it does not take so much to support facilities. The number of facilities continues to increase, but the yield stays the same. It takes more and more crops, trees and flowers to support the facilities. If slashkey does not want players like me then let me know and I will be gone. The same is true of my neighbors, many who have recently stopped playing. I have noticed that the number of people playing farmtown is decreasing based on the statistics reported by AppData. I suspect it is the performance problems. I really do not want to hear from all those who berate people who have farms like mine. I just want to let the developers know that the problem of performance for longterm players is critical.
Old Oct 31 2012, 09:30 PM

5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: This is a new preference in the Preference Window. Whenever you select a tool, items that are not relevant to that tool will be dimmed out so that you can have easier access to the items that you're actually going to work on. For example when you select the harvest tool you will only see harvestable items. When you select the fishing rod you will only see water items with grown fish on them. This will work when you are farming on your farms or other people farms.

Farm Town Devs:
I just wanted to take a minute to THANK YOU for this update. Just this one simple thing has made working my neighbors' farms, and my own farms, so much easier and pleasant. Out of all of the updates I can remember, this one is by far my all-time favorite. Thank you SO very much for this!!!!
Old Nov 01 2012, 12:02 AM

Default me to cant get my #2 to upgreade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
I am on farm 1 and go to the realtors office and it says that i already have all of the upgrades, so when it the 32x32 coming out, I though they had already added it to the game and I tried to reload the game to make sure that the latest one loaded. I have cleared my cache, history, and the memcache. Still no farm 1 upgrade to 32x32.
hiiiiii thank you so much for all new Tooles love the 8x8 the Grid holds perfectly and glides over any farm staked or other wises big or small it fits tight .... i was amazed at how few clicks it took to complete the farm. I thank you for that 8*)..... I am having a similar problem as kitt it wont let me upgrade 2.. says i already have it.... i may have moving farms problems.. i just don't know...
thank you as always for the great work... and thank you for giving my neighbor enough cash to replace a gift that got lost in his storage... thank you for that.. 8*)

Last edited by sandra.l.huffman; Nov 01 2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: spelling..
Old Nov 01 2012, 12:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra.l.huffman View Post
hiiiiii thank you so much for all new Tooles love the 8x8 the Grid holds perfectly and glides over any farm staked or other wises big or small it fits tight .... i was amazed at how few clicks it took to complete the farm. I thank you for that 8*)..... I am having a similar problem as kitt it wont let me upgrade 2.. says i already have it.... i may have moving farms problems.. i just don't know...
thank you as always for the great work... and thank you for giving my neighbor enough cash to replace a gift that got lost in his storage... thank you for that.. 8*)
Only the original farms 1 - 5 can be upgraded. If you have used the Farm Selector Manager to move farms around and changed which farm is in the #2 spot then you cannot upgrade that one. Even if you move the locations of the farms they retain their original numbers in the data.
You would need to either move them back to the original locations or figure out where you moved #2 and upgrade it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 01 2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Grove View Post
I debated on whether to comment or not. Yes I have stacked fields, yes I put a lot of trees on top of these fields. I need them to support all the facilities I have bought over the years. This last release has made harvesting trees so slow that the game is essentially unplayable. If performance can not be improved I have no choice but to find another game to occupy my time and take my money. Either the performance needs to be improved or the yield of crops and trees need to be increased so it does not take so much to support facilities. The number of facilities continues to increase, but the yield stays the same. It takes more and more crops, trees and flowers to support the facilities. If slashkey does not want players like me then let me know and I will be gone. The same is true of my neighbors, many who have recently stopped playing. I have noticed that the number of people playing farmtown is decreasing based on the statistics reported by AppData. I suspect it is the performance problems. I really do not want to hear from all those who berate people who have farms like mine. I just want to let the developers know that the problem of performance for longterm players is critical.
I've been playing FT since June 2009. I have never had any layered fields, or stacked fields, or fields with trees on them.

I have lot of factories (over 4 each of quite a few), and services (over 2 each of many), the combined total is over 150, I lost count, hehe, but I don't have any problems with supply shortages due to ruthless data management and disciplined crops/production management.

I do have both mines and an oil pump on each of my 16 farms, plus the orange poo spreader, and red sprinkler.

1 have one farm at 32 x 32, seven more at 30 x 30 and the remainder at 26 x 26. They all load a great deal quicker than most of my neighbours who stack/layer fields and scrunch trees/buildings.

I don't have an issue with those who do stack or layer, but to blame Slashkey for poor performance due to the way some people overload their farms, is a little unfair and unwarranted.

Layering/stacking will always adversely affect your game's performance due to the nature of what you're doing, i.e. overloading data, and the solution for that shouldn't have to be all down to Slashkey, when a quicker fix is in your own hands....

Old Nov 01 2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDieter View Post
I've been playing FT since June 2009. I have never had any layered fields, or stacked fields, or fields with trees on them.

I have lot of factories (over 4 each of quite a few), and services (over 2 each of many), the combined total is over 150, I lost count, hehe, but I don't have any problems with supply shortages due to ruthless data management and disciplined crops/production management.

I do have both mines and an oil pump on each of my 16 farms, plus the orange poo spreader, and red sprinkler.

1 have one farm at 32 x 32, seven more at 30 x 30 and the remainder at 26 x 26. They all load a great deal quicker than most of my neighbours who stack/layer fields and scrunch trees/buildings.

I don't have an issue with those who do stack or layer, but to blame Slashkey for poor performance due to the way some people overload their farms, is a little unfair and unwarranted.

Layering/stacking will always adversely affect your game's performance due to the nature of what you're doing, i.e. overloading data, and the solution for that shouldn't have to be all down to Slashkey, when a quicker fix is in your own hands....

Well said, Frank!!!

The problems being experienced by those who stack and put facs and trees and flowers on top of their fields are just asking for problems. It is not Slashkey's job to make your performance better when you choose to play the game your way instead of how it's supposed to be played.

I do have stacked fields but I do not have anything on top of the fields.

I have no problem maxing my facs out when I post them which is usually once maybe twice a week.

If you are doing all the stacking and putting stuff on top of that to be number one in the game.....tell me. What is the prize you are winning for being #1???
Old Nov 01 2012, 05:11 PM

Hi, I would just like to remind everyone that this thread is for feedback on the New Release , not for debates about how or why people play the game . Please keep your posts to feedback on the New Release.

Thanks
Old Nov 01 2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, I would just like to remind everyone that this thread is for feedback on the New Release , not for debates about how or why people play the game . Please keep your posts to feedback on the New Release.

Thanks
Sorry, Tony. I posted this answer from my email. I didn't even realize what thread I was on. I'll pay better attention when I come here from a post I received via email.
Closed Thread