Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2016, 10:18 AM

Unhappy sending gifts

I can't send gifts to neighbors that help me. The drop down lists do not appear when I click on Farmers Lists. I have updated Adobe and it still doesn't appear. What else should I do to correct this?
Old Oct 12 2016, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenrich87 View Post
I can't send gifts to neighbors that help me. The drop down lists do not appear when I click on Farmers Lists. I have updated Adobe and it still doesn't appear. What else should I do to correct this?
Hi Karen,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups follow the instructions below.

For Firefox:
Add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings. In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

For Chrome please follow the steps in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 15 2016, 12:20 PM

Default Cannot send gifts (nearly a month now)

For several weeks I have not been able to send gifts. I tried every suggestion listed here and nothing worked. I tried three different browsers and even different computers, but always with the same results. Instead of showing a list of my friends all I see is an empty box with vertical bars scrolling across like this: |||. This will go on for hours if I let it. Then for no apparent reason, on 10 Oct. at 7 a.m. the farmer friends list showed up and I was able to send gifts again. That is, until 11 Oct. when it went back to the scrolling bars. I haven't been able to send gifts again since then. I thought I was doing something wrong but obviously not. Can you fix this please?

Last edited by Ike8266; Oct 15 2016 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Signature and link to my farm are missing
Old Oct 15 2016, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike8266 View Post
For several weeks I have not been able to send gifts. I tried every suggestion listed here and nothing worked. I tried three different browsers and even different computers, but always with the same results. Instead of showing a list of my friends all I see is an empty box with vertical bars scrolling across like this: |||. This will go on for hours if I let it. Then for no apparent reason, on 10 Oct. at 7 a.m. the farmer friends list showed up and I was able to send gifts again. That is, until 11 Oct. when it went back to the scrolling bars. I haven't been able to send gifts again since then. I thought I was doing something wrong but obviously not. Can you fix this please?
Hi Ike,
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups follow the instructions below.

For Firefox:
Add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings. In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

How many Farm Town friends do you have? If you have more than 1,000 then Facebook may not be able to display them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 15 2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ike,

For Firefox:

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

How many Farm Town friends do you have? If you have more than 1,000 then Facebook may not be able to display them.

Cleared Browsing Data:√
Deleted Macromedia Files:√
Allow all 3rd party cookies:√
Enabled popups for all Farmtown, Facebook and Slashkey websites:√
Disabled Ad Blocker for Facebook and Farmtown:√
Close and restart browser (chrome):√
Send Gifts:X

I don't know what else to do. If I could tell you what I did that one day I was able to send gifts I would, but since I didn't do anything there's nothing I can say.

PS: I have somewhere between 250-300 Farmtown Friends.

Use the Forum Search to Find Your Topic
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...236&farm_ix=21

Last edited by Ike8266; Oct 15 2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Number of Farmtown Friends
Old Oct 15 2016, 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike8266 View Post
Cleared Browsing Data:√
Deleted Macromedia Files:√
Allow all 3rd party cookies:√
Enabled popups for all Farmtown, Facebook and Slashkey websites:√
Disabled Ad Blocker for Facebook and Farmtown:√
Close and restart browser (chrome):√
Send Gifts:X

I don't know what else to do. If I could tell you what I did that one day I was able to send gifts I would, but since I didn't do anything there's nothing I can say.

PS: I have somewhere between 250-300 Farmtown Friends.
Hi Ike,
When you did the 3rd party cookies did you follow the procedure in the link for Chrome?
Only other thing I can think of is to check your anti-virus program and firewall and see if they are blocking anything.
Old Oct 18 2016, 10:55 PM

Exclamation A lot of FT "issues"

I can't send gifts, I can't accept gifts, the gifts I have been sent don't go away (I have now "collected" 42), I can't post my factories, I can't get my train boosted, messages take a really long time to load...
I also noticed that Facebook has a new format for the menu on the left side, but don't know if that is causing the "interference".
HELP!!
Old Oct 18 2016, 11:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb.Kopp View Post
I can't send gifts, I can't accept gifts, the gifts I have been sent don't go away (I have now "collected" 42), I can't post my factories, I can't get my train boosted, messages take a really long time to load...
I also noticed that Facebook has a new format for the menu on the left side, but don't know if that is causing the "interference".
HELP!!
Hi Debb.Kopp,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about gifts as this seems to be the biggest part of your problems.

For the recollecting of gifts try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

You might also try collecting them through both the Games link on your Facebook page and through the My Requests tab in the game. Hopefully that should clear them.

For the sending gifts and train boosts:

For Firefox:

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Old Oct 19 2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb.Kopp View Post
HELP!!
i've been having this same issue with a couple of other games for over 2 weeks now!
but at least it's not in FT!
Old Oct 19 2016, 11:56 AM

Well! My computer had an update, Facebook changed the left-side menu, and everything got messed up. My sweetie suggested I turn off AdBlocker. It worked!! Everything in Farm Town now works as it should. I am a Happy Camper!!

Tags
blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gifting, gifts, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, trees disappear, unable to receive gifts, window narrows