Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 27 2015, 11:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaker1163 View Post
I am not able to accept any of my gifts, nor am I able to exchange them...what is going on?
Hi jbaker,
I moved your post to the thread about gift problems. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't help then check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the buttons in gifts to work.
If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 03 2015, 09:15 AM

Default Gifts

Seems for the past several weeks we can't send gifts to our Farm Town friends. Is this a change made by the game operators? Sad that we can't communicate by sharing gifts and expanding the game.
Old Mar 03 2015, 09:40 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1drummer View Post
Seems for the past several weeks we can't send gifts to our Farm Town friends. Is this a change made by the game operators? Sad that we can't communicate by sharing gifts and expanding the game.
Hi,

I'm still seeing that option. Have you tried another browser to see if the problem occurs there? What do you see when you try to send a gift using that list?

You could use a facebook friends list to gift if that would be easier for you.
Old Mar 04 2015, 08:58 AM

Default Gifts

Yes we have tried other systems but we know it's everyyone experiencing this problem, no one is sending anyone gifts anymore. It MUST be a system error.
Old Mar 04 2015, 09:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1drummer View Post
Yes we have tried other systems but we know it's everyyone experiencing this problem, no one is sending anyone gifts anymore. It MUST be a system error.
Hi im1drummer,
I am sorry but that is not true. I send my gifts every morning from a Facebook list I created and receive plenty back. As Tiger said try creating a Facebook list and using that to send your gifts. In case you don't know how to create that list and use it, instructions are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594410
The other lists for sending gifts are created by Facebook and Farm Town has no control over how those are done.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 04 2015, 04:21 PM

For about the past 10 days I am unable to accept any gifts nor send any. Also any train I try to help says expired!! Please help!! I see that this is a problem many are having...I cleared my cache, cookies, check my pop up & cookie settings, added all the sites stated above. Deleted & reinstalled flash player. Still not working!!
Old Mar 04 2015, 05:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm151 View Post
For about the past 10 days I am unable to accept any gifts nor send any. Also any train I try to help says expired!! Please help!! I see that this is a problem many are having...I cleared my cache, cookies, check my pop up & cookie settings, added all the sites stated above. Deleted & reinstalled flash player. Still not working!!
Hi bcm,
What happens when you try to accept gifts?
Check your date and time on your computer, because if that is off then you will get strange things happening like this.
When you say you have cleared cache is that all the caches, both browser and memcache?
Old Mar 04 2015, 05:45 PM

yes Taz, it was clearing all caches...I click to exchange it will give me the option to exchange all, I select my gift of choice and then accept all and it never responds after that...and gifts do not show up in the giftbox
Old Mar 04 2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi bcm,
What happens when you try to accept gifts?
Check your date and time on your computer, because if that is off then you will get strange things happening like this.
When you say you have cleared cache is that all the caches, both browser and memcache?

and yes date & time are correct
Old Mar 04 2015, 06:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
yes Taz, it was clearing all caches...I click to exchange it will give me the option to exchange all, I select my gift of choice and then accept all and it never responds after that...and gifts do not show up in the giftbox
Quote:
and yes date & time are correct
I have done a deeper cache cleaning for you. Please close and restart your farms. Then try again with 1 gift.

Tags
blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gifting, gifts, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, trees disappear, unable to receive gifts, window narrows