Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Jun 27 2019, 09:37 AM

Default Uninvited Guests

I'm an old timer who farms for fun and relaxation, and I visit the markets (and the forum) to interact with others who enjoy farming for the same reason(s) I do.

It gets frustrating when I go to the marketplace to hire folks, finally get an RSVP to my invite, then arrive at my farm to find all sorts of strangers there. (It's cool that the game allows us to visit another's farm from the market.) What bugs me about that, though, is this: I find there are often 2 - 6 farmers just standing on my farm.

I attempt to engage them, and they do not respond.

I'm mentioning it only to get some feedback from other farmers; I do't expect there's any remedy for it. Do others find the same thing happening on their farms? Does it annoy you, too? Do you simply ignore them?

What say you, fellow farmers?
Old Jun 27 2019, 09:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMagnolia1958 View Post
I'm an old timer who farms for fun and relaxation, and I visit the markets (and the forum) to interact with others who enjoy farming for the same reason(s) I do.

It gets frustrating when I go to the marketplace to hire folks, finally get an RSVP to my invite, then arrive at my farm to find all sorts of strangers there. (It's cool that the game allows us to visit another's farm from the market.) What bugs me about that, though, is this: I find there are often 2 - 6 farmers just standing on my farm.

I attempt to engage them, and they do not respond.

I'm mentioning it only to get some feedback from other farmers; I do't expect there's any remedy for it. Do others find the same thing happening on their farms? Does it annoy you, too? Do you simply ignore them?

What say you, fellow farmers?
Hi SteelMagnolia,

We often refer to them as "Ghosts". They are not actually there and wouldn't be able to see what you were saying if you were using the chat box in your farm, which is one reason why they don't respond. If you were to send them a message via their avatar menu then they would see that, but there is nothing they can do about their ghost being on your farm. They are still at the market. Ghosts tend to all appear at the top corner of the farm rather than anywhere else on the farm which is one way you can tell if they are ghosts, as a hired worker or a visitor would likely land somewhere near the middle of the farm or if it is a heavy farm, somewhere near the bottom edges. You might find the odd one had gone to your farm but they would only be able to initially go to your default farm before they could get to any others.

This problem comes and goes, but they eventually come back. What you can do if you don't like to see them is refresh the farm you land on and the ghosts (ones who are not actually there) should disappear.
Old Jul 10 2019, 02:39 AM

Yes, Steel magnolia, I get ghosts too!!
Throngs of people swarming on my farm!! Wandering around in a little world of their own! It is a bit spooky.
Thanks for your explanation / solution, Tiger