Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 23 2016, 05:10 AM

Arrow Cargo Ships

Cargo Ships

This thread has been set up for any questions or problems you are having with Cargo Ships. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread.

Please also remember to tell us which version of the game you are using!
We need to know if you are playing

If you are seeing Manage on a ship at your port,
click on this link:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...42#post6542642

Before asking a general question please check the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ships before posting your question.

Thank you!

Ships Logbooks:
It is up to you to work out when your friends may be likely to play the game to know where to put someone in the ships itinerary. The game has no way of getting that information for you. So ASK them! You have to also take into account that people need to sleep and that some of your friends may be in different time zones to yourself, some may go on holiday or for short breaks. It will take time to get your itinerary the way you like it, especially if you are not sure when your friends are likely to play. Remember, once you have the itinerary they way that works best for you, you can reuse it the following day as long as you have not unloaded the previous days ship.

If it looks like someone is not doing the ships, or your ship seems to be there for a very long time, ask them if they are doing the ships and when they are likely to be able to check for them. You might resolve this by placing them elsewhere in your itinerary. If they are not going to do them then you might want to ask them if they would be willing to close their port..... they might not know that they can do this. This would stop them from being a port you can use and they will stop getting ships in their port.

Answers to Common Questions:

If you have been preparing containers while idle or offline on your farms, ALWAYS reload your game before DISPTACHING it so that your data updates.

Always check your itinerary after you have finished loading containers and BEFORE you dispatch the ship. There is nothing worse than dispatching it without looking and then finding that port 30 is closed and you can not skip that port.

If your ship gets stuck at a port you can skip that port UNLESS it is at port 30. You can not skip the last port, you will have to wait until the ship returns. It will automatically return home when it has been out for 7 days.
Remember skipping a port reduces what the ship will bring back, but you will have to decide for yourself if it's worth skipping one so you can get the rest of the products from the next ports rather than have it stuck and returning with very little.

If this happens to you, we recommend that you change the itinerary for your next ship and make sure that you have someone reliable at port 30 so you can at least skip a previous port and not have it stuck out all week. Then remember to reuse the itinerary the next day for the next ship after that.

You could invest in the Overhead Cranes that can help with stuck ships, that allow you to self load a ship, but these will not help if it's stuck at the last port so always make sure someone reliable is on your last port in your ships logbook.

For for information on the Overhead cranes, please click on this link to go to that information:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...94#post6337494

If you are having problems Replacing a port, try clearing memcache.
To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window AND FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again. This usually fixes the problem.

When container preparation time suddenly changes. Each time you prepare a container the game looks to see how many ships have been dispatched in the last 7 days. That determines your preparation time for that particular container.
When you prepare the next container it checks that list again. If you start out with a shorter preparation time and it changes to a longer one it means that when you first started preparing the containers you had more ships on the dispatch list, but then one of those ships dropped off the list for being 7 days old and that then changes your next container prep time to a longer one because you now have less ships on that dispatch list.

To avoid this happening you need to dispatch a ship every day, you can skip one day in a run of 7 days, as you only need 6 ships on the list for the shortest times, but don't skip any more than that or at some point you will have a gap where there will be less than 6 on the list.

Container Prepared Notifications - The popup notification to notify you when a container is finished preparing will only show if you remain on the same farm. When you leave go to other farms you need to check the ships yourself to see if the container has finished preparing.
If you reload the game and the container is already finished preparing, then you will see the notification popup again.

Close your port if you are not doing the ships or are going away on a break.
That way your friends will not be able to use you for a port when they are altering their itineraries or if you hare going on a break and they were sending their ship to you they will see your port is closed and know that they need to swap you for someone else.
As you are not their last port your port can automatically be skipped by the game.

Hopefully your friends are checking their itineraries BEFORE they dispatch a ship.

If you can, please do your friends a favour and let them know so they have time to swap you out for someone that can play during that time. This is particularly important if you are someone's last port as that port can not be skipped.

If you have not been sending your ships out daily:
The fastest way to get down to the shortest preparation times again is to only load one or a few containers then dispatch it. You may be better off starting with the slowest ship, preparing only one container then dispatch it, then the next day do the same with the next slowest ship until you have dispatched enough ships to be able to use the shorter prep times on the faster ships.

If you have ideas for the Ships please post in Freight Trains and Cargo Ships

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 04:13 PM.
Old Jun 30 2021, 03:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Ship taking 45 mins for each container

Thanks for the ships back, but when they were disabled during migration, each container was taking 5 mins to load - now they have reset to 45 mins

It means even if I am on it, it will take 7 and a half hours to ready for despatch!

If we have a full set of cranes, shouldn't the ship be loaded faster anyway?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 30 2021, 07:04 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Thanks for the ships back, but when they were disabled during migration, each container was taking 5 mins to load - now they have reset to 45 mins

It means even if I am on it, it will take 7 and a half hours to ready for despatch!

If we have a full set of cranes, shouldn't the ship be loaded faster anyway?
Hi NooNoo,

As no-one has been able to dispatch a ship every day as the ships haven't been back the game until now, you no longer have the shorter load times for containers. Dispatching a ship every day is what shortens the container prep time. The more on your dispatch list the shorter the time gets.

The overhead cranes just allow you to self load ports a set amount of times if they get stuck and they also enable the Load All in the seaport manger so you don't have to load every individual ship that arrives at your port.

To quickly get the container prep time down, only load a couple of containers, perhaps the ones most important to you but don't dispatch the ship immediately, do it later that day. The reason I suggest you don't dispatch it immediately as at some point the ship will be removed from the dispatch list when it's reached 7 days since it was dispatched. If you were preparing the containers later than usual on another day or perhaps weren't doing one every day, if you lose a ship off the dispatch list while you are still preparing a ship that will change the container prep time to a bit longer again.

Do that every day until you either have a prep time that you are happy to load more containers with or until you've done that on enough of them to get them all to their shortest prep time.

Everyone is having to start over with longer prep times.

If you would like a reminder on anything to do with the ships and also the container prep times you can see all that information in the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ships

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 30 2021, 08:03 AM

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi NooNoo,

The overhead cranes just allow you to self load ports a set amount of times if they get stuck and they also enable the Load All in the seaport manger so you don't have to load every individual ship that arrives at your port.
Thanks for the explanation.. Can I make the suggestion that if you have a full set of cranes, you still get fast loading times if you have missed a day or two? It saves being penalised if you go away for a few days

Visit 's Farm

Old Jun 30 2021, 10:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Thanks for the explanation.. Can I make the suggestion that if you have a full set of cranes, you still get fast loading times if you have missed a day or two? It saves being penalised if you go away for a few days
Hi NooNoo,
If you want to make a suggestion for a change please post it in the Suggestions section.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 30 2021, 02:26 PM

ok. i'm tired of searching and looking.

how do i close my port?

i cannot find the technical language on the first page in any section nor do my page and forum searches lead me to a solution. please help.
Old Jun 30 2021, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0202NWOTMRAF View Post
ok. i'm tired of searching and looking.

how do i close my port?

i cannot find the technical language on the first page in any section nor do my page and forum searches lead me to a solution. please help.
Hi 0202nwotmraf,
You can close your post in your Preferences (the wrench at the top next to the green plug). Uncheck the box for Enable Ships.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 30 2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi 0202nwotmraf,
You can close your post in your Preferences (the wrench at the top next to the green plug). Uncheck the box for Enable Ships.
tyvm

that was embarrassingly easy. ><
Old Jul 01 2021, 04:57 AM

Farmer Since: Oct 21 2022
Level:
XP:
Default Not happy

Please remove the time limit on cargo ships ,i can not sit at my computer 24 hours ,i was on my last container and timed out , you unloaded all my containers and i have to start all over .this is not funny at all , remove time limit on loading ships, or they are no good for any one,tyvm

Visit Harry's Farm

Old Jul 01 2021, 05:22 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywhitmore@comcast.net View Post
Please remove the time limit on cargo ships ,i can not sit at my computer 24 hours ,i was on my last container and timed out , you unloaded all my containers and i have to start all over .this is not funny at all , remove time limit on loading ships, or they are no good for any one,tyvm
Hi harrywhitmore,

Everyone is having to start over with longer prep times because no-one has been able to dispatch a ship every day as the ships haven't been back the game until now, so you no longer have the shorter load times for containers which is governed by the amount of ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days.

What you can do to quickly get the container prep time down is to only load a couple of containers, perhaps the ones most important to you but don't dispatch the ship immediately, do it later that day. The reason I suggest you don't dispatch it immediately is because the ship will be removed from the dispatch list when it's reached 7 days since it was dispatched. If you were preparing the containers later than usual on another day and dispatching it later than previous ships, if you lose a ship off the dispatch list while you are still preparing a ship that will change the container prep time to a longer time.

Do that every day until you either have a prep time that you are happy to load more containers with or until you've done that on enough of them to get them all to their shortest prep time.

If you would still like to request a change to the ships please post that in the Suggestions area of the forum where the devs will see it. Here's the link to the one for the trains and ships suggestions: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634706

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port