Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
What did you request? You would need to request flour for the wheat to be given.
I already had plenty of flour. This is not the first time something like this has happened on a quest. Maybe it's just an unfixed glitch!

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJ1 View Post
I already had plenty of flour. This is not the first time something like this has happened on a quest. Maybe it's just an unfixed glitch!
Also, the wheat is what needed to be harvested first and it shows that it has not been harvested. As for the flour, I just checked and there is more than enough.

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Any flour already in stock doesn't count for a quest. You have to begin from scratch from harvesting wheat. You can have the wheat grown and ready, but have to harvest it after you have accepted the quest, then make the flour.

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Also, the wheat is what needed to be harvested first and it shows that it has not been harvested. As for the flour, I just checked and there is more than enough.
Items for a quest must be done in the correct order. You said you got the gift lifeline. With that lifeline the you can only get wheat if you harvest you own on your farm or ask for an ingredients request of a production item that needs wheat, such as flour, strawberry shredded wheat or protien bites. You need to get the wheat completed before you can move on to the next step.
What are you trying to make for this quest?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Any flour already in stock doesn't count for a quest. You have to begin from scratch from harvesting wheat. You can have the wheat grown and ready, but have to harvest it after you have accepted the quest, then make the flour.
I have a life line which allows my neighbors to send me ingredients needed. Also, I just harvested wheat this morning so I had plenty on hand. I also just put some flour in my storage. I am convinced that there is a glitch in the system somewhere causing my quest "needs" to not be recognized as being in my storage. Guess I'll just have to forego this quest. Even if I planted more wheat right now, the quest would expire before it was ever done. Oh well! Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Items for a quest must be done in the correct order. You said you got the gift lifeline. With that lifeline the you can only get wheat if you harvest you own on your farm or ask for an ingredients request of a production item that needs wheat, such as flour, strawberry shredded wheat or protien bites. You need to get the wheat completed before you can move on to the next step.
What are you trying to make for this quest?
I am making Chinese Noodles. As for the wheat, I did harvest it in my fields and plowed it this morning after the quest had already been accepted. The quest was originally a 3 day quest and when I accepted it, I planted the wheat. The only conclusion I can reach is that there is a glitch within the game. No biggy. I'll just let this quest expire and go on! It's a little annoying to keep planting and harvesting for a quest and it doesn't register!

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:37 PM

I didn't address the "correct order issue" and I have been doing the steps in the order stated. No choice there because you really can't do it any other way. You have to do step A before step B can be started.

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I am making Chinese Noodles. As for the wheat, I did harvest it in my fields and plowed it this morning after the quest had already been accepted. The quest was originally a 3 day quest and when I accepted it, I planted the wheat. The only conclusion I can reach is that there is a glitch within the game. No biggy. I'll just let this quest expire and go on! It's a little annoying to keep planting and harvesting for a quest and it doesn't register!
Wish I could help - I've made chinese noodles with no problem, but once you finished a quest there is no way we can back track and have a look at it again for you. I haven't found any glitches, but I have had to read and re read, and go again sometimes to make sure I got it all in the correct order.

I guess you've cleared your cache etc lately?

Old Apr 14 2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I didn't address the "correct order issue" and I have been doing the steps in the order stated. No choice there because you really can't do it any other way. You have to do step A before step B can be started.
Yes, you're right, but I thought it was worth a mention, because people have not realised that the order is important and wondered why it didn't work.

Old Apr 14 2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Wish I could help - I've made chinese noodles with no problem, but once you finished a quest there is no way we can back track and have a look at it again for you. I haven't found any glitches, but I have had to read and re read, and go again sometimes to make sure I got it all in the correct order.

I guess you've cleared your cache etc lately?
I clear my cache almost daily. I have not finished the quest yet. I have only been able to "harvest" the eggs. Can't do anything else until I do the wheat and I can't do the wheat!