Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 02 2015, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapergal View Post
Looks like no-one has used that forum thread for years.
Hi scapergal,
Which thread are you saying hasn't been used in years?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 03 2015, 12:53 PM

I have been doing Co-op quests for a while now and would like to point out/suggest something. To help our neighbours, quests are left open as long as possible but this seems to have a detrimental effect on the most hard to come by/ maintain sufficient quantities of items such as crude oil , kaolin clay rock , petrochemical barrels and plastic granules to name a few. Also if we get a quest we are unable to complete which requires these products there is no way of preventing our own stocks diminishing. Either could the production of these items be increased or a way developed to delete that particular quest ? I really enjoy helping my neighbours as this has always been a social game but fear that less farmers will continue participating with the quests if it continues to be detrimental to our own quantities regardless of the much needed farm cash available. Thank you for reading
Old Jun 03 2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com View Post
I have been doing Co-op quests for a while now and would like to point out/suggest something. To help our neighbours, quests are left open as long as possible but this seems to have a detrimental effect on the most hard to come by/ maintain sufficient quantities of items such as crude oil , kaolin clay rock , petrochemical barrels and plastic granules to name a few. Also if we get a quest we are unable to complete which requires these products there is no way of preventing our own stocks diminishing. Either could the production of these items be increased or a way developed to delete that particular quest ? I really enjoy helping my neighbours as this has always been a social game but fear that less farmers will continue participating with the quests if it continues to be detrimental to our own quantities regardless of the much needed farm cash available. Thank you for reading
Hi meirwen59

Please post your suggestion in our suggestion section, so the developers can read it. You cant open a new thread there but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your suggestion.

Here is a link

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595090
Old Jun 14 2015, 09:16 AM

Default not random .. no happy

I know this issue has been raised before.. and the response is always the same..'quests are random'... I have never believed that line and am now convinced of the inaccuracy.... I have always been annoyed with the fact that quests target facilities that aren't owned... and the FC ones... it happens too frequently to be chance... now in the last 3 days, 2 quests, identical and in the only facility I don't own... because it was in the latest release.... that's right 2 days out of 3 the same quest and in the ONLY facility I don't own.... is this the first time??... no it has been a regular event.... I have bought plenty of FC as I am happy to pay a fair remuneration for playing.. the only game I play.... but I like most do not have a never ending supply of cash and as i have been playing since the beginning no longer have levels to gain FC and with new levels being so slow to be released, for some unknown reason... and the release of new facilities EVERY month... I am again thinking I will give the quests the flick.... all of them and go back to just farming when the mood takes me... no need to ever buy FC again.... seems like the wrong way to be going for the devs as speaking to my neighbours I am not alone in feeling this way... might I suggest a rethink on this tactic.. long term players are the ones who have shown their loyalty and you should be doing whatever to keep them... not drive them away....
Old Jun 14 2015, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm town addiction View Post
I know this issue has been raised before.. and the response is always the same..'quests are random'... I have never believed that line and am now convinced of the inaccuracy.... I have always been annoyed with the fact that quests target facilities that aren't owned... and the FC ones... it happens too frequently to be chance... now in the last 3 days, 2 quests, identical and in the only facility I don't own... because it was in the latest release.... that's right 2 days out of 3 the same quest and in the ONLY facility I don't own.... is this the first time??... no it has been a regular event.... I have bought plenty of FC as I am happy to pay a fair remuneration for playing.. the only game I play.... but I like most do not have a never ending supply of cash and as i have been playing since the beginning no longer have levels to gain FC and with new levels being so slow to be released, for some unknown reason... and the release of new facilities EVERY month... I am again thinking I will give the quests the flick.... all of them and go back to just farming when the mood takes me... no need to ever buy FC again.... seems like the wrong way to be going for the devs as speaking to my neighbours I am not alone in feeling this way... might I suggest a rethink on this tactic.. long term players are the ones who have shown their loyalty and you should be doing whatever to keep them... not drive them away....
Hi farm town addiction,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about quests because you are not asking a question, but are stating an opinion.
I am sorry you feel that way, but they are randomly assigned by the program using a random number generator. There isn't a human sitting there deciding what quest to give you because you don't own a particular facility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 14 2015, 10:14 PM

Default yes... it's rigged...

I didn't imagine there was a 'human' sitting there making the allocation... I surmised it was done by a programmed generator... That being the case it needs to be reprogrammed as my complaint above occurs way too often to be mere 'chance'... meaning it is programmed that way... that out of all the possible quests it just randomly allocates 2 from the same facility??? and they are the same quest and the facility is unowned...and this occurs regularly.... the programming needs to be fixed ....
Update.... now also have 2 of 3 co-op quests for the new Aussie rest.... so that is 4 of 6 quests for the same facility... the only one I don't own... and yes I do believe the algorithm used to allocate quests is deliberately set to 'encourage' players to buy facilities.... and this is why so many of my neighbours are giving it away... and now so am I....
Sherrynne
Old Jun 17 2015, 07:55 AM

I see the more I play the quests, the more that I have to buy facilities with farm cash. I have spent way too much to keep up with the quests already. I think the facilities if not already acquired should at least allow for coin collection if not able to finish the quest due to lack of facility. Quests should equal what a player has in their facility acquirement already and not be forced to do one after the other, 4 in a row already that farm cash is required to purchase the facility to finish quest. Please can this be worked on?
Old Jun 17 2015, 09:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJV Eastman View Post
I see the more I play the quests, the more that I have to buy facilities with farm cash. I have spent way too much to keep up with the quests already. I think the facilities if not already acquired should at least allow for coin collection if not able to finish the quest due to lack of facility. Quests should equal what a player has in their facility acquirement already and not be forced to do one after the other, 4 in a row already that farm cash is required to purchase the facility to finish quest. Please can this be worked on?
Hi DJV Eastman,
Your suggestion needs to be put in the Suggestion section rather than in the feedback section so the developers will see them along with all the other suggestions. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Old Jun 17 2015, 02:13 PM

Thank you, have replied to one of the posts, seems I am not cleared to start a new thread.
Old Jun 17 2015, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJV Eastman View Post
Thank you, have replied to one of the posts, seems I am not cleared to start a new thread.
Hi DJV,
No one is allowed to start a new thread in that section. You can only reply to the existing threads of which one is about quests.