Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 31 2014, 10:45 AM

Is a spot of cynicism allowed on the Forum? We'll find out.....

I LOVE THE QUESTS. I do them every day.

It seems the quests I get find crops I don't have planted and ask for them. (I used to have an all-crop quest farm but got tired of maintaining it.) If I am correct and the system does select quests containing missing crops or facilities, that might be in there to encourage the player to buy more farms for crops or the missing facility as a bit of a marketing tool. An option to omit quests calling for unowned facilities would be counterproductive.

That said, I know the quests are declared "random"; however, I do see that I rarely have already planted a requested crop. I'm just curious; statistics were never my field so I'm mentioning it here hoping I don't get flamed. Happy farming!!
Old Mar 31 2014, 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Is a spot of cynicism allowed on the Forum? We'll find out.....

I LOVE THE QUESTS. I do them every day.

It seems the quests I get find crops I don't have planted and ask for them. (I used to have an all-crop quest farm but got tired of maintaining it.) If I am correct and the system does select quests containing missing crops or facilities, that might be in there to encourage the player to buy more farms for crops or the missing facility as a bit of a marketing tool. An option to omit quests calling for unowned facilities would be counterproductive.

That said, I know the quests are declared "random"; however, I do see that I rarely have already planted a requested crop. I'm just curious; statistics were never my field so I'm mentioning it here hoping I don't get flamed. Happy farming!!
I agree...I swear the "random gods" know what I don't have planted or give me a lifeline that won't help. But it is random and just the luck of the draw.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 03 2014, 03:05 AM

I have completed 3 quests so far and it says to claim my fc... if i claim it for the 3 and finish 8 by the end of the week-my goal - will i still be able to claim the fc for the 8 or do i loose it because i claimed the fc for the 3... don't want to mess this up lol .. thanks i am loving the quests.. big hugs and have a great day
Old Apr 03 2014, 03:09 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantily View Post
I have completed 3 quests so far and it says to claim my fc... if i claim it for the 3 and finish 8 by the end of the week-my goal - will i still be able to claim the fc for the 8 or do i loose it because i claimed the fc for the 3... don't want to mess this up lol .. thanks i am loving the quests.. big hugs and have a great day
If you want to try for the 8 don't collect for the 3, once you collect your FC you can't collect again for at least 7 days.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Apr 03 2014, 03:15 AM

thanks ... thats what i thought lol.. i saw quests and fc and my mind went crazy... focused on those words and forgot the rest... have a wonderful day big big hugs
Old Apr 03 2014, 03:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
thanks ... thats what i thought lol.. i saw quests and fc and my mind went crazy... focused on those words and forgot the rest... have a wonderful day big big hugs
Sorry, I might have been a little quick to answer your post, what day did you collect your last FC? If you have already collected some FC and had the 7 day in between FC's there could be some problems with waiting, but if you want to wait and see if you can get 8 total it could take several days.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Apr 03 2014, 04:08 AM

i haven't collected any yet... i'm off to work... will check back when i get home
Old Apr 03 2014, 05:02 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I started a quest this morning, 19 steps, 8hr wait for some of the steps...got the Trader Lifeline which is useless for me as I have all crops growing...I was pleasantly surprised when going back to check later in the day to find a message saying I had done 6 quests in the last 7 days, (it was exactly 1 week ago that I collected my first 1fc) and so I claimed it!! the current quest will obviously count towards the next week as its not finished yet, so only 2 more to do and then I can rest til next Wednesday,

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 03 2014, 10:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
i haven't collected any yet... i'm off to work... will check back when i get home
Since you haven't collected any FC yet then your 7 days starts the day that you started your first quest, so just make sure that you have the 8th quest completed on or before the end of the 7th day, like if you started your first quest on 4/1 at noon, just make sure you have completed the 8th quest by 4/8 at noon for your 2 FC, cause after noon on 4/8 what you did on 4/1 will be erased and your 7 days would then be 4/2 to 4/9.

Old Apr 04 2014, 09:49 AM

This has nothing to do with the farm cash we are getting for quests, but it is about quests. I was to harvest potatoes for a quest, and my lifeline was the Employee one. I harvested 9 fertilized plots from a friend's farm. And I have not been given credit. Please help me understand why.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (20.3 KB, 7 views)