Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Jul 29 2017, 08:16 PM

Default Gameroom keeps crashing

This just started today. Every time I go to "requests" I receive an error that gameroom has crashed. I am trying to do it on facebook and am having the same error. I have cleared cache. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jul 29 2017, 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg5778 View Post
This just started today. Every time I go to "requests" I receive an error that gameroom has crashed. I am trying to do it on facebook and am having the same error. I have cleared cache. Anyone else having this issue?
Hi mlg,
I moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the Gameroom crashing.
If you are seeing the same error when you go through Facebook then you are still trying to connect through the Gameroom. There is a problem with the Gameroom app since they updated it yesterday in that all except the Play tab in Farm Town are getting errors. For that you will need to report it to Facebook as that is their app.
Please try the link at the top of the Forums called "Play Farm Town" and see if you can get in that way without the errors. That link doesn't use the Gameroom.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 29 2017, 10:39 PM

I had been having the same issues and reported it to Facebook so far no response but tried something that worked for me and Farm Town is now fully working in Gameroom again.

These are the steps I took

1. Deleted Facebook Gameroom link on the desktop
2. Turned on Hidden Files this is need to Delete Facebook Gameroom as it is in a hidden directory. Deleting this will cause no issues with anything else
3. Went to Local Disk C:/Users/Account Name/AppData/Local/Facebook
The Folder named Facebook has the updater if it was used and another folder containing all the Facebook Gameroom files.

You need to delete the folder called Facebook only

4. empty recycle bin

5. goto web browser of your choosing and open Facebook and click on Farm Town link and it should show do you want to play in Gameroom below that is says install click that once downloaded install it installs the updated version which is a full new version.

Since I have taken those steps everything simply works again as per normal with Farm Town in gameroom.

For me and possibly others the update part of Gameroon seems to break things each time it updates so I will be taking the above steps when I see the updater kicking in to be sure nothing gets broken
Old Jul 30 2017, 12:10 AM

Facebook Gameroom crashes FarmTown for me too. it is the only game that does so.
For a long time now I have not been able to do gifting in Chrome, so Gameroom was the only way I could receive and send gifts. Now I can not do it there either. And this was the game I was going to keep playing... will have to rethink that if this is not fixed soon.

My Farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...0820&farm_ix=Y
Old Jul 30 2017, 12:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mally View Post
Facebook Gameroom crashes FarmTown for me too. it is the only game that does so.
For a long time now I have not been able to do gifting in Chrome, so Gameroom was the only way I could receive and send gifts. Now I can not do it there either. And this was the game I was going to keep playing... will have to rethink that if this is not fixed soon.
Hi Mally,
Facebook Gameroom is not part of Farm Town. It is a Facebook app so the only ones who can fix it is Facebook. If you will read the post above yours there is a way to fix the Gameroom app on your computer if you follow his directions.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 30 2017, 01:47 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Mally,
Facebook Gameroom is not part of Farm Town. It is a Facebook app so the only ones who can fix it is Facebook. If you will read the post above yours there is a way to fix the Gameroom app on your computer if you follow his directions.
I know Gameroom is not part of FarmTown. Neither is Chrome, Firefox or any other browser part of FarmTown. But when there is a problem, the FarmTown devs should contact Facebook and tell them about the problem or try to fix it at their end just like they do when there is any other problem as with a browser.

My Farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...0820&farm_ix=Y

Last edited by Taz D; Jul 31 2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old Aug 05 2017, 07:04 AM

Default Deli

Not sure where the proper place is to ask this. But I noticed on the Deli, several of the sandwiches use the mustard plant and not mustard out of the bottle. Is this correct? I was expecting to see the mustard bottle as part of the ingredients list.

Just a bit confused

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Mel
Old Aug 05 2017, 07:16 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel-Caledonia View Post
Not sure where the proper place is to ask this. But I noticed on the Deli, several of the sandwiches use the mustard plant and not mustard out of the bottle. Is this correct? I was expecting to see the mustard bottle as part of the ingredients list.

Just a bit confused

Thanks for any feedback on this.
Hi Mel-Caledonia,

Only the developers know why they have placed the crop there rather than the yellow mustard. If you would like a change made to this then you will need to post your idea in the suggestions area where they will see it.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 05 2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old Aug 06 2017, 01:49 AM
Account Not Linked

FF takes a pretty sizable resource footprint compared to chrome, even though chrome is still infantile in how it handles some things. If you want speed in adobe flash, chrome is it, out of the typical vanilla browsers. You'll really notice it on an older slower PC.

I was a FF/GM user for years and it still dominates in a couple niche areas, but that isn't on facebook anymore.
Old Aug 08 2017, 06:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Default How? Facilities and sea coasts overhanging farm

Hi,

Something I am seeing with some of my neighbours are items overhanging the actual farm area, what am I missing here, how are they doing this. Looks rubbish in most cases but I can see what they are trying to do. I still like to see "real" looking farms.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity