Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Jul 26 2017, 09:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
I just read a long article on a tech site about the fact that Adobe Flash is shutting down and will no longer be available after 2020. I use Chrome which is making changes and will phase out Flash in the next year. I am wondering what steps our devs are taking so that our game will continue when these changes take place.
Hi dorissau,

There is time for them to switch to another technology like HTML5 or unity.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 29 2017, 06:58 AM

Default Gameroom Crashing

Farm Town keep crashing in Facebook Gameroom.
Comes up with the error "Break Point Reached".
Opened that account in Firefox and is working ok.
Old Jul 29 2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
Farm Town keep crashing in Facebook Gameroom.
Comes up with the error "Break Point Reached".
Opened that account in Firefox and is working ok.
Hi NiMo1960

It would be better if you report this problem to Facebook to let them check on it.
Old Jul 29 2017, 09:23 AM

Default Gameroom Crashing Farm Town

My Facebook Gameroom updated itself yesterday evening, and ever since then, Farm Town has been crashing in it, but only when I click on Send Gifts, My Requests, or My Neighbors tabs, etc. - it will open the Play tab, but the other tabs bring up a black page that says "Sorry, Farm Town Has Crashed," and buttons that have options to "Try Again" or "Go Home."

I play another game using Gameroom, all aspects of that game still play perfectly well; I was hoping that this would resolve overnight, but it hasn't. This isn't happening when I play Farm Town on my tablet or my desktop, only on my computer in Gameroom. There are no links in Gameroom to contact anyone, and since this is only happening with FT, I figured I'd start here and ask if anyone else has had this happen to them, and if anyone has any advice for how to get this fixed? Since I use Chrome browser, I've been using Gameroom more so I can use my mouse wheel to adjust the screen size, since that's still not working, plus it's just easier to not have to go in through FB sometimes, it's a distraction from the game.

I tried to figure out what version of Gameroom I have, but I can't figure out where that information is, it's not straightforward in my computer's files.

Does anyone else have this problem, or know what's going on? Would uninstalling, reinstalling help? Thanks!
Old Jul 29 2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
My Facebook Gameroom updated itself yesterday evening, and ever since then, Farm Town has been crashing in it, but only when I click on Send Gifts, My Requests, or My Neighbors tabs, etc. - it will open the Play tab, but the other tabs bring up a black page that says "Sorry, Farm Town Has Crashed," and buttons that have options to "Try Again" or "Go Home."

I play another game using Gameroom, all aspects of that game still play perfectly well; I was hoping that this would resolve overnight, but it hasn't. This isn't happening when I play Farm Town on my tablet or my desktop, only on my computer in Gameroom. There are no links in Gameroom to contact anyone, and since this is only happening with FT, I figured I'd start here and ask if anyone else has had this happen to them, and if anyone has any advice for how to get this fixed? Since I use Chrome browser, I've been using Gameroom more so I can use my mouse wheel to adjust the screen size, since that's still not working, plus it's just easier to not have to go in through FB sometimes, it's a distraction from the game.

I tried to figure out what version of Gameroom I have, but I can't figure out where that information is, it's not straightforward in my computer's files.

Does anyone else have this problem, or know what's going on? Would uninstalling, reinstalling help? Thanks!

Hi farmerKBW

I moved your post to General Feedback where we have an open thread about Gameroom.

You say you are using Chrome as your browser, could you please try another browser just to check if you get the same problem?

Also, you need to report this problem to Facebook. And we are not completely sure, but we think that when you uninstall gameroom you are asked why, so you can give them feedback about the problem.
Old Jul 29 2017, 01:33 PM

You misunderstood me. The game plays fine in Chrome except for the zoom problem that happened because of a Chrome update that's discussed under "Known Issues, Glitches, and Bugs." What I'm talking about today has to do solely with Gameroom, not Chrome.
Old Jul 29 2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi farmerKBW

I moved your post to General Feedback where we have an open thread about Gameroom.

Also, you need to report this problem to Facebook. And we are not completely sure, but we think that when you uninstall gameroom you are asked why, so you can give them feedback about the problem.
I didn't see this when I was looking in the Forum to post, but taking into consideration that this is something that has to be sent directly to Facebook, wouldn't it be wise to add a thread to "Known Issues, Glitches and Bugs" entitled Gameroom where you all say that all Gameroom problems need to be sent to Facebook, instead of people taking time to search the Forum to see if it's discussed here, post their problem, then be told one by one to go to Facebook? The first place I go when I encounter a problem with FT is Known Issues, I bet others do, too. It might be helpful to you all to not have to tell us more than once.
Old Jul 29 2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
You misunderstood me. The game plays fine in Chrome except for the zoom problem that happened because of a Chrome update that's discussed under "Known Issues, Glitches, and Bugs." What I'm talking about today has to do solely with Gameroom, not Chrome.
Quote:
I didn't see this when I was looking in the Forum to post, but taking into consideration that this is something that has to be sent directly to Facebook, wouldn't it be wise to add a thread to "Known Issues, Glitches and Bugs" entitled Gameroom where you all say that all Gameroom problems need to be sent to Facebook, instead of people taking time to search the Forum to see if it's discussed here, post their problem, then be told one by one to go to Facebook? The first place I go when I encounter a problem with FT is Known Issues, I bet others do, too. It might be helpful to you all to not have to tell us more than once.

Sorry for misunderstanding you

On the other side, it is not a problem for us to answer questions, up now we only received 2 or 3 posts about problems with Gameroom and it seems the issues started after their update yesterday. Give them a little more time to see if they fix the problems.
Old Jul 29 2017, 04:07 PM

Talking Good idea about empty facilities/clients

I was wondering if this is a good idea or not. When someone's facilities/clients are empty isn't there a way to indicate that. I thought maybe shadow the person's post with like a light grey color. It is time consuming going into their postings only to find out nothing is available. This way we can move onto another person who has products available.
Old Jul 29 2017, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioopz View Post
I was wondering if this is a good idea or not. When someone's facilities/clients are empty isn't there a way to indicate that. I thought maybe shadow the person's post with like a light grey color. It is time consuming going into their postings only to find out nothing is available. This way we can move onto another person who has products available.
Hi Alioopz,
No there isn't anyway for Facebook or Farm Town to know if the facilities or services are empty.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity