Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 10 2011, 08:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanara View Post
I find your phrase "people hiring just to fire" is so strange and opaque. What do you mean by this?
I think he/she means someone who gets a kick out of hiring someone and then as soon as they get to their farm they fire them
Old Sep 11 2011, 08:01 PM

when i hire, i post what type of work and how many farms and click on the first person that wants it, i try to hire lower level farmers to help them level up regardless if they have the bigger tools or not and i tell them flat out if they want help to let me know and i will bring another player to help. In regards to the MP spammers, the players who just repeat themselves over and over again like a broken record, they are put on ignore and i refuse to hire them.

when i work for another farmer i do only the jobs and farms i am hired for .. i dont ask for other work i wasnt hired to do unless they ask me if i want to do it then i will always accept .. i am there for as long as the farmer needs me to do what ever jobs they want me to do on 1 or all farms .. it shouldnt matter what type of work you were hired for, ya just do it whether you like it or not

**My neighbors' list is full but I can still accept so I am your neighbor but will have to add you as a buddy on my end of the game. I have plenty of room for buddies.
Old Sep 18 2011, 12:40 PM

What ever happened with going to the marketplace and being able to hire anybody??? I went to the MP to hire someone and it took over 20 minutes of posting the type of work i needed done on 5 farms, before someone said they would do it .. IMO there are too many players getting way too picky these days about what type of job they will or wont do! Before we could use all the big tools on other players farms, when you went there to hire , you could find workers by the dozens! Maybe the hiring process needs to go back to only being able to use the single tool option when working for other farmers for all players, maybe then players will stop being so picky about the type of jobs they will or wont do.

Before i had any of the big tools, i specified i didnt have tools but i was willing to do what ever job they needed done. Now that i have all the tools, i still do what ever jobs that i am hired for, regardless if i like doing it or not!

Today, I was almost ready to give up and just do the work myself .. next time if i dont find anyone after a couple of minutes, i will just stop going there to hire others and do the work myself .. seems it would get done faster that way!
Old Sep 18 2011, 12:44 PM

I don't think it's the tools as much as the facilities. I've had people come to my farm to work, announce that they aren't doing this one because they can't use the crops in their facilities, and move to other farms they've been hired for to see if the crops are to their liking. Mostly it doesn't happen but it's not that rare.
Old Sep 22 2011, 09:21 AM

I think you should be able to fire people. You can ignore them, but if you hired them to do a job and they aren't going a very good one, you can't stop them or make them leave your farm. I am very specific when I hire people that they MUST HAVE ALL TOOLS! Still I get people that say they can do it and don't have the appropriate tools. I have 11 fully upgraded very detailed and complicated Farm/Towns and I don't have time for people who think that they can do the job, but can't.
I would also like to suggest a super neighbor/buddy feature where you can visit those farms and if there is anything due, you can harvest or whatever else is needed for them without them having to hire you. You can ask them if they want to be on the list and only have to hire them once, but have the option of removing them from the list, just like you can remove someone from the buddy list.
It would also be nice to hire someone to plant. Quite a few people have the combine to harvest, plow and plant. A menu could come up asking what you wanted planted or perhaps you would be able to go into the seeds section and be able to pick what crops you want planted in the future and the person you hire can pick from those crops you have listed.
Old Oct 18 2011, 05:46 PM

Just trying to find out how to hire someone to harvest JUST TREES. It says I have to wait til crops are finished but I have NO crops on that farm... Why can't we hire to do just tree farms...
Old Oct 18 2011, 06:11 PM

Talking Please??

With everything that is being added... thank you very much for that!, my 11 farms get pretty loaded. Yet they are still like a ghost town.
Please.. let us add people to our farms!!! If animals can move, why can't we have people walking around working our farms? I think we probably have enough facilities an tools. Now we need PEOPLE!!
Thanks!
Old Oct 19 2011, 09:40 AM

you can hire to do trees when u hire multiple..i says crops and trees...if u only check that box then it should let them to just the trees..and any crops u have ready..i use the multiple box all the time and it works good...i don't hire most to do my chopping as some of my farms i have the trees as decorations only....still waiting for them to fix the bait prob tho..my friends want to go fishing on their days off...lol..
Old Oct 19 2011, 07:35 PM

Default hiring for neighbor

i think that when you hire someone for harvest etc that the hire should be active for like 5 minutes after you leave the farm - this has happened to me (and assume to others) that since the farms do not fit the screen even when full screen or scrolled out that when you try to move the farm you accidently click on the tabs along the top (or something else) and leave that farm - tonight i was hired by a friend and they signed off facebook right away so i could not get rehired - if the hires stayed "active" for a few minutes after you leave the farm you could still return and continue with the hire (whatever you were hired for)
Old Oct 23 2011, 05:33 AM

i agree about people getting too picky and demanding, i had someone who accepted the hire then when she arrived and i just said hi said sorry thats too impersonable i like to chat with the people who hire me and promptly left, when i went back to the market she was there and had the cheek when i posted i needed a worker said yes please! when i said i hired you and my work wasnt good enough cos i dont want to spend my time talking instead of playing the game she told me i had an attitude!

i make it clear when i hire if its harvest only and still people ask to plow and get snotty when i say no, it would be nice if people appreciated the work theyre offered without nagging for other stuff, rarely do people even say thank you for being hired, i wish they would remember that plowing isnt a right and someone has to harvest before you can plow so dont refuse work cos you have to harvest first, remember that maybe i dont have time to become their latest BFF in order for them to do the work they asked for and if you dont have tools and someone says a job is too big for a single clicker dont say you will do it - i dont have time to wait for someone to single click some layered farms it takes too long and im ususally waiting to plant but the second i hire someone else they moan. i know lots of people are new to the game and getting tools takes time and money but if someone says its too big a job then dont be so arrogant thinking you know better, i have buddies with no tools that i hire when i dont have a time limit on the harvest etc

what about doing a newsfeed post like the facs post that someone can click to do the work, that way you can post all your work, when someone clicks and does it, it can just say expired which will mean that i dont have to hang around waiting for someone to come online to work