Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 04 2018, 02:51 AM

I was kicked off a hire back to my own farm, usually asked to return home, not this time, it just seemed to refresh the page. Hey Presto, home. Chat Server F4 Farm Server W204.
Old May 05 2018, 02:47 PM

I'm not sure if this info will be helpful but that's my intention:

I've been having to clear my memcache a LOT in the last few days. In the past, I'd only have to clear it every few weeks but here lately, it's every few hours. Oftentimes it's my ships that I can't open.

Then this morning, I hired someone, then came back in about an hour to plant. I checked my "Show Work Information" thing and all the same things were still showing that had been there an hour ago. At first I thought maybe the person I hired hadn't gotten there but then I noticed that the timer was off - said I could check again in 91 minutes. The work had all been done. Clearing my memcache is fixing these miscellaneous things but I thought the devs might want to know about them.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 05 2018, 03:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm not sure if this info will be helpful but that's my intention:

I've been having to clear my memcache a LOT in the last few days. In the past, I'd only have to clear it every few weeks but here lately, it's every few hours. Oftentimes it's my ships that I can't open.

Then this morning, I hired someone, then came back in about an hour to plant. I checked my "Show Work Information" thing and all the same things were still showing that had been there an hour ago. At first I thought maybe the person I hired hadn't gotten there but then I noticed that the timer was off - said I could check again in 91 minutes. The work had all been done. Clearing my memcache is fixing these miscellaneous things but I thought the devs might want to know about them.
Hi Susan,
What timer are you talking about?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 05 2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Susan,
What timer are you talking about?
If you click the "Show Names" thing on the top of the farm blocks - then you click "Show Work Info" - if you do that again before 10 minutes have passed, you get a message that says, "You can pull updated information again in x minutes." Mine said 91 and seemed to be stuck.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 05 2018, 08:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If you click the "Show Names" thing on the top of the farm blocks - then you click "Show Work Info" - if you do that again before 10 minutes have passed, you get a message that says, "You can pull updated information again in x minutes." Mine said 91 and seemed to be stuck.
Hi Susan,
That sounds like it would be your computer date/time was off. I think clearing the memcache just gave your computer time to update to correct time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 05 2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Hi Susan,
That sounds like it would be your computer date/time was off. I think clearing the memcache just gave your computer time to update to correct time.
What would have caused my computer date/time to be off? And also, how would it have said 91 minutes? I didn't think it was ever supposed to go above 10?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 05 2018, 09:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
What would have caused my computer date/time to be off? And also, how would it have said 91 minutes? I didn't think it was ever supposed to go above 10?
Hi Susan,
You Date and time might get off because it hasn't synced up with a time location that provides time correction.
If that time is off lets say it is 81 minutes behind then it would show you need to wait 91 minutes (difference be tween 81 and 91) to get updated information.
Old May 05 2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Hi Susan,
You Date and time might get off because it hasn't synced up with a time location that provides time correction.
And the lack of syncing could have happened even though I was sitting here using my computer the whole time - just not on Farmtown?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 05 2018, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
And the lack of syncing could have happened even though I was sitting here using my computer the whole time - just not on Farmtown?
Hi Susan,
It could if the site that is used was not available at the time. Farm Town depends on the clock on your computer for recording time for your game.
Old May 06 2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I'm not getting confirmation that my work request was received and accepted or declined by the person I sent it to. This happened again tonight. I sent a job request to someone. I waited and got no response and the person was still there. I went to the farm I hired for to check and no one was there except me. I went back to the market the person I asked was gone. I sent a request to someone else. Waited a minute or so. No response and the person was still there. I went to my farm again and no one there. I went back to the market the person was gone so and tried one more time to hire someone and same thing. So I gave up and went back to my farm and lo and behold when I got there, there were three people there working.
***** Same thing just happened to me ... it's getting worse instead of better. I have been going back to the farm to check after each hire - waited 2 to 3 minutes ... actually re-loading the game too. I was back in the Marketplace to hire a 3rd time and saw scrolling on the screen. Went back to my farm AGAIN and ended up with 2 people and couldn't even click on the one to say I was sorry. It takes a good 15 - 20 minutes just to hire anymore.