Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 21 2016, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I don't know, I haven't worked for anyone in the marketplace in years. But back in the day, when we were hired, as a precaution in case we got kicked, we would add one another to our buddy lists. Why the buddy list would interfere with claiming the bonus chest now, I have no idea.
Hi Dulcinea,
When the bonus chest was added it was set as only for strangers from the marketplace. Neighbors and buddies do not get the bonus chest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 21 2016, 11:04 PM
Account Not Linked

That's funny! What else is the buddy list good for, if not for finding people who aren't your neighbors? :lol: That's the only thing I ever used it for, anyway. But hiring strangers is so darn unreliable, I gave up on all that long ago.
Old Mar 22 2016, 12:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
That's funny! What else is the buddy list good for, if not for finding people who aren't your neighbors? :lol: That's the only thing I ever used it for, anyway. But hiring strangers is so darn unreliable, I gave up on all that long ago.
I think the Buddy list is old and outdated now that we have the Bonus Chest and the option to hire Super Neighbors to do our work, maybe Slashkey will remove it as time goes on..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 22 2016, 03:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I think the Buddy list is old and outdated now that we have the Bonus Chest and the option to hire Super Neighbors to do our work, maybe Slashkey will remove it as time goes on..
I personally wouldn't miss it. You know what's interesting, though. Most every time I go to the buy and sell marketplace, someone there wants to add me to their buddy list. They don't try to buy anything from me or sell me anything; they simply ask if they can add me as a buddy. I've always wondered if they had a purpose in doing this, or if they were simply newbies with no idea what the buddy list was for.
Old Mar 24 2016, 06:50 AM

I just hired someone who is a level 48 to harvest and plow 23 fields. The first plot she did was with one of my bigger tools and then suddenly she went to the single harvester and plower. I gave her the ability to use my fuel and my tools, I even told her that she could use the bigger tools.
Is it because she doesn't have the bigger tools that she cannot use mine?

Thanks.
Beth

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Mar 24 2016, 06:51 AM

And the hired girl left without finishing.

Beth

Old Mar 24 2016, 07:17 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethFB View Post
I just hired someone who is a level 48 to harvest and plow 23 fields. The first plot she did was with one of my bigger tools and then suddenly she went to the single harvester and plower. I gave her the ability to use my fuel and my tools, I even told her that she could use the bigger tools.
Is it because she doesn't have the bigger tools that she cannot use mine?

Thanks.
Beth
Hi Beth,

As she started using your tools she must have had access to them. She may just be inexperienced as she is at a low level. If she was full screen she wouldn't have seen chat messages at the bottom of the game screen. I'm afraid only she knows why she changed what she did and left. Hope your next worker is better for you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 24 2016, 07:20 AM

Thanks Tiger, she didn't show up in the marketplace either so I think she may had to get off the computer fast. I hired two more workers and they finished the job in no time. I just wished that she kept doing the bigger tool as it would have leveled her up quickly as it did with several other low level workers that I hire and they were able to use my bigger tools just fine.
I think you are right about her, she was inexperienced in the bigger tools.

Beth

Old Apr 18 2016, 01:32 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

the last couple of days I have hired people from the market place who seem to have absolutely no idea that its best to hide everything before loading farms..and they try to harvest and plow with your facilities showing.. and then complain they cannot get a few that are under buildings.. also leaving crops on farms so they are not getting the Bonus Chest payout.. am fed up with these rank beginners who refuse to listen when you try to help them by message or on farm chat.. about to stop visiting the market place again.. I stopped previously due to shoddy farmers... about time to stop again... sorry, just had to have a grumble..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 07 2016, 01:42 PM

Default problems with hiring

for the last 3 or 4 days I cant hire one person for multiple jobs. I can only hire them for one farm at a time. It only allows me to click on one farm for them to work and closes out.