Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 23 2016, 07:47 PM

What if your ship returns after 7 days with no neighbor filling it? Does it return empty?
Also how long does it stay on each farm? If someone is away will it just stay at their farm for the duration of the 7 days?
Old Dec 23 2016, 07:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjade27 View Post
What if your ship returns after 7 days with no neighbor filling it? Does it return empty?
Also how long does it stay on each farm? If someone is away will it just stay at their farm for the duration of the 7 days?
Hi redjade,
You are asking questions that we don't have definative answers for as yet. According to the release information, yes the ship will stay on the farm until it is filled by the neighbor or the 7 days are up. Whether it returns empty or not wasn't stated and the only way we will know at the moment is after the first 7 days have past.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:37 PM

Can a neighbor load our ship if they don't have a ship on their farm? My second port neighbor just informed me that she's not doing the cargo ships so it may get stuck there. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/1181055566Y
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Arnold View Post
Can a neighbor load our ship if they don't have a ship on their farm? My second port neighbor just informed me that she's not doing the cargo ships so it may get stuck there. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Debbie,
Even if they are not buying and doing the cargo ships they will still have the port manager in their toolbox. That is where they go to load your ship. It does not cost them anything and all products come from the mayor and not the individual.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has added the following updates about the cargo ships in the new release thread:
Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM

- Fixed an issue when the red circle in the tool box icon was showing 99 when visiting friends.
- When opening a Ship for preparation (say, the green ship), if 24 hours have not passed yet since the last time you started the preparation for another ship, it will tell you exactly the remaining time you have to wait to be able to start the preparation of the green ship.
- We are currently working on improving the way the neighbour ports are selected to built the itinerary for the ship, so it includes neighbours more familiar to you, even when others have visited the game more recently.
- Notice that if you suspect a neighbour in the ship itinerary has not been active recently, you can go to the 'My Neighbours' tab, find that neighbour and confirm the last visit there.

Known Issues

- Sometimes you see a red circle with a number in the Tool Box icon, indicating that there are ships waiting in your port, however when you open the Seaport Manager there is no ship there.
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:11 PM

Default No ships in my port

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Raul has added the following updates about the cargo ships in the new release thread:
Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM

- Fixed an issue when the red circle in the tool box icon was showing 99 when visiting friends.
- When opening a Ship for preparation (say, the green ship), if 24 hours have not passed yet since the last time you started the preparation for another ship, it will tell you exactly the remaining time you have to wait to be able to start the preparation of the green ship.
- We are currently working on improving the way the neighbour ports are selected to built the itinerary for the ship, so it includes neighbours more familiar to you, even when others have visited the game more recently.
- Notice that if you suspect a neighbour in the ship itinerary has not been active recently, you can go to the 'My Neighbours' tab, find that neighbour and confirm the last visit there.

Known Issues

- Sometimes you see a red circle with a number in the Tool Box icon, indicating that there are ships waiting in your port, however when you open the Seaport Manager there is no ship there.

I had a friend tell me thanks for working her ship yet there was never anything showing in my seaport and I have only filled facilities and worked the NCC contest . My seaport still shows none... I am on server WF4 running Chrome Bro

My first ship still setting in the first port and I have none in my seaport still yet today , it showed last night a red number 1 but when I went onto it no ship to fill .....

Serenity Acres

Last edited by Lee Ann; Dec 24 2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: updated
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:11 PM

Default Work around required

I worked hard to work every car and sent my ship off and am stuck in the port of a neighbor who says they are not playing again until after New Years. That's more than a week.

It was lot of effort on my part and I sure don't want to be upset with neighbors or have them upset with me. This game is for enjoyment and making friends. There needs to be a way around an absent neighbor which we all will be on occasion.

Help us out guys. We need a work around. A plan B.
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandycares View Post
I worked hard to work every car and sent my ship off and am stuck in the port of a neighbor who says they are not playing again until after New Years. That's more than a week.

It was lot of effort on my part and I sure don't want to be upset with neighbors or have them upset with me. This game is for enjoyment and making friends. There needs to be a way around an absent neighbor which we all will be on occasion.

Help us out guys. We need a work around. A plan B.
Hi Kandy,
The developers are looking at options. Please be patient until they can come up with something. As for this week I am afraid the holidays will get in the way for all of us as people are not playing as much this week.
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:17 PM

Thank you Taz for answering my question. Happy Shipping! lol

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/1181055566Y
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:50 PM

Can you have all yellow cargo ships as long as they are on different farms? or do they still all have to be different colors?

Tags
jjj