Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 20 2017, 05:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astasser View Post
I was using Chrome then switched to Internet Explorer and the gifts page works. I still can not boost trains in any Browser now.
Hi Astasser,
Unfortunately Facebook made some changes a while back that make it so Edge and IE won't do some functions, one of them being the trains.
For Chrome you need to do the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

This should help with the sending gifts. You still have not told me what happens when you try to accept gifts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 20 2017, 06:15 PM

The shrinking screen is back again. I thought this was fixed. When I click on proceed to send, the farmer list shrinks in from the sides.
Old Sep 20 2017, 06:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Catalina View Post
The shrinking screen is back again. I thought this was fixed. When I click on proceed to send, the farmer list shrinks in from the sides.
Hi Lady Catalina,
I am not sure what Facebook has done, but it may be they are trying to rollback to a previous version to fix the posting problems. For right now all I can tell you to do is like we had to do before of right clicking on the list heading and open in a new tab.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2017, 11:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Cant send gifts to multiple people on FT

I cant send gifts to friends on farmtown.Its been around a yr since Ive had this working. HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEE
Old Sep 21 2017, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecurran@yahoo.com View Post
I cant send gifts to friends on farmtown.Its been around a yr since Ive had this working. HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEE
Hi leecurran,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.
What happens when you try to send gifts?
What browser are you using?

This can be one of the things that prevent you from sending gifts:
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups follow the instructions below.

For Firefox:
Add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings. In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

For Chrome please follow the steps in the following link:

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

*Note: If you are using private browsing either through your browser or through your anti-virus program, that will block 3rd party cookies and pop ups. You need to turn this off for when you are in Farm Town, so that those cookies and pop ups can be seen.
Old Sep 22 2017, 04:42 PM

Default Cannot do squat.

I have not been able to send gifts in weeks. The shrinking thing was cleared up and now I select the gift but get no Friends list. I cannot send back gifts to my friends and I cannot go to the Earn Cash spot to send some money to Feeding America. Also with all the tragedies afloat, it would be great to have more charities listed in Earn Cash which we could donate to and they should be ones that help Puerto Rico, the Carribean, Houston and Florida.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...debar_bookmark
Old Sep 22 2017, 04:51 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorton720 View Post
I have not been able to send gifts in weeks. The shrinking thing was cleared up and now I select the gift but get no Friends list. I cannot send back gifts to my friends and I cannot go to the Earn Cash spot to send some money to Feeding America. Also with all the tragedies afloat, it would be great to have more charities listed in Earn Cash which we could donate to and they should be ones that help Puerto Rico, the Carribean, Houston and Florida.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...debar_bookmark
Hi jnorton,

I have moved your post to the gifting thread as that is your first issue. The following will also help with the Earn Cash tab if it's not showing you anything in that pop-up.

Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups follow the instructions below.

For Firefox:
Add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings. In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

For Chrome please follow the steps in the following link:

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

*Note: If you are using private browsing either through your browser or through your anti-virus program, that will block 3rd party cookies and pop ups. You need to turn this off for when you are in Farm Town, so that those cookies and pop ups can be seen.

As for what you would like to see offered in the Earn Cash tab, that page is run by Trailpay not Slashkey. So you would need to contact them about that.
Old Sep 22 2017, 07:56 PM

i haven't tried sending gifts for some time, but i have a query about receiving them... as of yesterday, i had over 50 gifts showing up under the 'my requests' tab - the reason for this being, if i need a tree, giftable ingredient, etc, i could usually go there and exchange gifts for something i needed. this morning, however, my 'stash' had dwindled from 50+ down to 4 (yes, FOUR), and i hadn't accepted any for a day or 3... i'm thinking this is a facebook issue, but i'm wondering if this hasn't happened to someone else too?

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Sep 22 2017, 08:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
i haven't tried sending gifts for some time, but i have a query about receiving them... as of yesterday, i had over 50 gifts showing up under the 'my requests' tab - the reason for this being, if i need a tree, giftable ingredient, etc, i could usually go there and exchange gifts for something i needed. this morning, however, my 'stash' had dwindled from 50+ down to 4 (yes, FOUR), and i hadn't accepted any for a day or 3... i'm thinking this is a facebook issue, but i'm wondering if this hasn't happened to someone else too?
Hi Supertrucker,
I am not sure what happened but it could be a Facebook limitation. I know I have a couple hundred that I haven't accepted for the same reason.
Old Sep 24 2017, 06:12 AM

Default Gift page won't clear; can't send gifts

Among other problems, my gift page won't clear and I can't send gifts at all. I am getting the gifts--the process works until I try to send gifts. The send box does not appear, my received gifts are not cleared, and the gift page freezes and I can't do anything. If I refresh the page, it returns with the original gifts (that have been accepted and appear in my gift box).
This has been going on for weeks, predates the recent Facebook changes, and is still going on. I have done all of the standard things in various orders: running memcache, clearing my browser cache (I use Chrome browser and CCleaner), reloading Farm Town, restarting my browser, restarting my computer. I have contacted support twice; though I gave my email both times I never heard anything back from them but once, after the first time, I was able to clear the gift page so I thought it was fixed but then it went right back.
Related problems I have discovered:
My neighbors page sticks on the grayed loading process.
The "buy" button under the "buy cash" tab is inoperable.
The box to post bonuses does not appear. It informs me I've earned and gives me the option to post, but then nothing.

Tags
accepting gift problem, accuracy, blocked gifts list, board game factory, bonuses, boosting train, browser issues, bugs, can't send gifts, cannot receive gifts, cant see neighbor, changes with fb, chrome, cows, developer message, display problem, earn cash, encoding problem, exchange gifts, expired, facilities, facility manager problem, farm cash, filter button, friends list, gift, gift box issue, gift errors, gift exchange, gift help, gift-giving, gifting, gifts, gifts accept button, gifts farm town myspace, gifts issues, gifts locked, gifts not showing up, gifts to farmer friends, gifts to to friends, gists, goats, help & support, help needed!, lists, loss of farm cash, lost gifts, lost trees, missing gifts., neighbor, neighbors, no friends, not able to receive gifts, player lists, questions, receive gifts, receiving gifts, reloads, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, send gifts missing, sending gifts, storage, super neighbors questions, support needed, time frame, window narrows