Old Jun 10 2012, 09:02 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt88 View Post
i was hoping the boxcars would have a list of products to choose from with a max amount the the car could hold. maybe 15 items per boxcar and different types of cars for different products, then we could order what we needed. So for instance a "freight car" would have paper rolls, canvas and the sheet metals and a couple other items in it and you could choose the products that get loaded on the car. if the car had a limit of 5000 units i could send it to get 2000 alum sheets, 2000 paper rolls and 1000 canvas and if we wanted to get more i could buy another freight car making the max 10,000 units. As it stands now i am horribly disappointed and when my train returns with my 168 paper rolls (a weeks production from a coin facility) it will be going into storage with the hope that one day it will be worth taking out again.
Amen to that, maybe it will stay in the farm as decoration but never to be used again until something worthwhile comes along.
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:03 PM

Level:
XP:

Oh and a reminder to me of wasteful use of money. To always investigate before buying recklessly.....
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
With good that we don't need, it would have been good if they had included one with milk, cheese, chickens, canvas, but no. I wish I had read the fine line before I bought them.
I don't need any milk, cheese, chickens or canvas. I have 99K Cows milk, 63K Hen's Eggs, 18K Llama Wool, 116K Sheep's wool, 12K Cheese, and 19K Chicken Meat in stock. I need Paper Rolls, and that is in one of the box cars. I can always buy more of the FC cows, hens, and sheep, but I can't have more than one working paper mill per farm. So Great Job Raul! You gave me exactly what I needed! Keep up the Great Work!

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2

Last edited by jcassemjr; Jun 10 2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added quantities
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by adinar View Post
sure do hope so and maybe reduce the time in half
Shortening the time is probably what boost time will be when they get it working so that neighbors will be able to help with your train. That is just a guess tho.
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Lady View Post
Rob, I read your instructions but am confused about the posts regarding putting it on the farm w/ the facility and then putting it in storage and then taking it out.... If I put the engine and 1 car on the farm I have my other trains on - and the facility for it is on another farm - will that work?
You're supposed to have the fac required for that car on the same farm or you can have that fac in storage.If you want to move the train engine and cars you can put them into your storage to move them to another farm only if they haven't been already dispatched.Only one train and cars can dispatch for all your farms at one time not both trains at the same time I hope that helps
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:08 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoyce View Post
Hun, it wasn't you. Someone sent me a private message.... You never said anything about the way people play. I was basically told that I play the game wrong. Completely untrue. I was simply pointing out that this isn't about the players, its strictly about the game in order to improve it.
That is why this game is so wonderful and unique, you can play whatever the way you want to play, whether everyday or whenever, do what you want on your farms, decorate as you wish, do not have to go begging for things to accomplish (?). I love it, you go your own pace and do what you can and don't worry about what other think.... one of my farms is Hakuna Matata, and that is live with no worries.
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
yeah that seems to be the basic problem from everyone posting. They all have lives outside farm town. Those ppl want farm town to be easier for them while ppl like me dont have families or anything else. all we have is the game and we dont want our pastime turned into a 3 minute one click and youre done game. Now my thing is if it takes forever to work everyones farms then apologize to those ppl that youll only be able to work their farms every other day. or only on the weekends. if youve got neighbors that are saying they wont do for you unless you wont do for them then those are neighbors i usually get rid of. I wouldnt want friends or family in real life like that so i sure as heck dont want to have to put up with it online. if you have to pull a June Cleaver then by all means set your priorities. Do what you need to do in real life. Dont worry about farm town. Itll still be there when you log in next time.
I don't think they are asking for it to be a 3 minute and you're done game. At least that is not what i am asking for, just a way to make things easier so as I can do more of my friends facilities instead of having to be selective. I would like to be able to do them all but when you have over 1000 friends and well over half of them play FT regularly and post regularly I know it would be a far fetch out of realism to think I could do all their facilities when they post but it sure would be nice to.
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:18 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
This should just be the beginning of the train boxcars that they will bring out, that is probably why they made them their own tab in the store.
I sure hope so, but I don't want also an engine with 12 cars behind and 6 that I don't want..... so maybe i will buy another engine and put those cars that are worth nothing to me and probably a lot of people just for decoration and a lesson learned don't buy with euphoria or with your heart and look really close at what they offer....
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
I don't think they are asking for it to be a 3 minute and you're done game. At least that is not what i am asking for, just a way to make things easier so as I can do more of my friends facilities instead of having to be selective. I would like to be able to do them all but when you have over 1000 friends and well over half of them play FT regularly and post regularly I know it would be a far fetch out of realism to think I could do all their facilities when they post but it sure would be nice to.
Exactly the point I was trying to make earlier. I have quite a few neighbors and I feel bad when I can't get around to working their facilities/services when they come and work mine. I can't play FT except for an hour or two when I get home from work and on the weekends. Added to that, I travel for my job and the laptop I have to take with me has all social media sites blocked (belongs to the company). It would be nice to have a shortcut to give back to those who help me.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 09:21 PM
Account Not Linked

over all the freight trains are a work in progress , it is a good start . I know the developers have just begun to build on this concept like all the factories and tools before... been playing since one click at a time to harvest and level 45 was tops... we have come a long way
Closed Thread