Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 29 2012, 11:43 AM

Default not done quest

For those wondering or those that have not experienced it yet, this is what I have found if you can not do a quest.
You will still be able to do others as the time comes. At first I could not, but that appears to have been a glitch, as I can now.

I broke down and bought the facility to do my first quest... I know I know ... I wasn't going to, but it was just taunting me. I lost money on that one with the cost of the facility but I did it.

The second one requires 2 FC facilities that I do not have, so I can't do it. I harvested the tree as required so I could be shown as having started it. That is all I did, when the time was up to get another quest I got that, and am now waiting on crops for it. I also have another one that just became available.

The key here seems to be to "start" the quest in some way, a crop, trees etc. Then just let it expire. It did make me "start" it, in order to get the next one.

But if you can not do a quest it does not keep you from getting the next one, I don't know what happens if you get several in a row that you can not do. Stay tuned for that one!!
Old Jan 29 2012, 11:50 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Love the quests, especially the ones with many steps. My only suggestion is that the quests should allow you to accept gifts of those products made in facilities that cost FC that you don't have.
Or not produce a quest that uses that facility.
Old Jan 29 2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd View Post
My only suggestion is that the quests should allow you to accept gifts of those products made in facilities that cost FC that you don't have.
AGREE!!! If the goal of a quest is to make something, I can see why getting the ingredients would be steps in a quest, but ANY way of getting ingredients should be valid.
Old Jan 29 2012, 12:52 PM

I don't think that it is fair for those of us that financially support this game by buying Farm Cash so that we have all of the facilities and are able to complete the quests that the quest be changed so that those that don't spend money on the game have a work around. It is nice that those that help pay for the developers and the bills that make this game possible have a real advantage over those that don't.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jan 29 2012, 01:31 PM

Default Quests

The one suggestion I have is have the ability to "DENY" a quest because I may not have a facility needed to complete it. Then after I deny that quest have a secondary quest available to do. But have only 1 optional quest per day. That way people aren't "CHERRY PICKING" what quests they want to do.
Old Jan 29 2012, 02:30 PM

Ah... so each person has a different quest....

I'm thinking.. I can't use me boat to catch fish for quests, and also I can't use the fish that I get from others farms...

Yep... I been fishing for every Tom, Dick and Harry in the Market place... but I still can't get the fish that the stupid quest thing wants (nods head.... yep, this is a push to get us to spend more farm cash)

Maybe I should sell me boat on ebay and get the big sea coast instead
Happy Farming All
Old Jan 29 2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
I don't think that it is fair for those of us that financially support this game by buying Farm Cash so that we have all of the facilities and are able to complete the quests that the quest be changed so that those that don't spend money on the game have a work around. It is nice that those that help pay for the developers and the bills that make this game possible have a real advantage over those that don't.
I've spent a ton on the game. I own all the tools and dozens of FC facilities. I've gifted tools and facilities to less fortunate friends. And, I've done it all without having side accounts to earn FC.

But, I don't agree. This is a game that needs more players and I don't see the point of having quests that everyone can't do. I worry that it will only further alienate players that can't, or chose not to, spend real money on the game.

I feel I already have a huge advantage with all the tools and all the facilities I own and, for the good of the game, I don't want any advantage for the quests. The rewards, so far, are not that big...make them easily accessible by all.
Old Jan 29 2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
I've spent a ton on the game. I own all the tools and dozens of FC facilities. I've gifted tools and facilities to less fortunate friends. And, I've done it all without having side accounts to earn FC.

But, I don't agree. This is a game that needs more players and I don't see the point of having quests that everyone can't do. I worry that it will only further alienate players that can't, or chose not to, spend real money on the game.

I feel I already have a huge advantage with all the tools and all the facilities I own and, for the good of the game, I don't want any advantage for the quests. The rewards, so far, are not that big...make them easily accessible by all.
If the Developed don't make it an advantage to own the FC items, there by encouraging players to buy Farm Cash, how are they going to pay the expenses? All over the forum there are posters that want Farm Cash without spending real money. There is no way to pay the bills if you are giving away the source of income.

We do need more players, players that help play for the game. Not players that want something for nothing. If I choose to not spend money, and therefore cannot participate in an aspect of the game, I made the choice. The players need to be motivated to buy Farm Cash thereby supporting the game. I know that I was strongly motivated by getting run over while working from the Market by the players with the tools. So I began spending USD's for Farm Cash. Giving them an option or alternative isn't going to motivate the players to support the game.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jan 29 2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
I see what you mean, but being able to do things yourself rather than rely on neighbors to help you out is still an advantage, and not everything can be sent as a gift anyway. I understand that the point of a quest is a challenge and not everyone is going to be able to do everything, but the more often every player can at least hope to be successful, the more interested people will be in the quests, therefore the more good they will do for keeping people involved in the game.

To me, it makes the most sense for there to be a mix of quests where FC-purchased stuff is a necessity, quests where FC-purchased stuff gives an advantage (e.g. being able to get things yourself instead of relying on gifts), and quests where FC is no special advantage. I can also see how different levels of rewards for these types of quests would make sense. It's important to strike a balance between giving some players a legitimately earned advantage and keeping any major part of the game from being, in effect, labeled For Paying Players Only. FC items are supposed to be an enhancement, not a necessity.
Old Jan 29 2012, 03:54 PM

no the quests are different for each player speaking with my friend on skype she did her first quest same time and same day as i did when we first started , hers is different than mine...