Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 01 2011, 10:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

+1 The Belt thing is seriously annoying!!! Tons of junk on my FB Home page and non-stop pop-ups during game play. If your intent is to get people to stop playing, you're headed in the right direction.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Rooster View Post
Well alrighty !!!! Just harvested a whole field of lettuce. This has got to be the absolute worse idea thus far. I really don't care for. Please take it away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suekelly99 View Post
Now playing FarmTown is such a pain in the butt. Every time you harvest something that message pops up and interrups your work. I just havested trees and the darn thing popped up every time. You've really ruined the game with this "upgrade" (really a downgrade)

Agreed!
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:16 PM
Account Not Linked

I was looking forward to the belts because it would give us something to work for but you have gone about it the wrong way. In my opinion it should take at least 1024 harvest of a crop to get the first belt. That is one 24x24 farm full of crops and can be easily done by anyone even a newbie. While I know a newbie doesn't have a full farm until level 25 they can reach that very quickly and shouldn't have everything handed to them the second they start playing the game. Also the higher level players all have more then one farm with crops on them and a lot of us have 9 farms. Reaching the belts is way too easy for us I was looking forward to having some goals to work for and having it take a while to get the belts. This is how I think the belts should have worked.

• White Belt - 1024 harvest
  • Yellow Belt - 2048 harvest
  • Orange Belt - 3072 harvest
  • Green Belt - 4096 harvest
  • Blue Belt - 5120 harvest
  • Brown Belt - 6144 harvest
  • Black Belt - 7168 harvest

We should not harvest a full farm of a crop and get the black belt it should be something that we work for and have to really earn to get the benefits form it. This would also stop the spamming of the news feeds with all the new belts people are getting. I know you are trying to think of ways to give us more crops for facilities and to give us something to work for but if you can finish the belts in no time it is not worth the aggravation of all the pop ups. Please think about these things the next time you want to give us some goals and really make them fun.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:20 PM

I have to agree the pop-ups are very annoying. The reason for 'leaving' the other game was the continual pop-ups. It's difficult to play the game and keep hitting the buttons. Sorting through the list of farms to help our neighbors is ridiculous because it's so many pages to find which farms have requests. Maybe if we could auto back to the last page we were on instead of having to sort through this mess would make it easier.
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:21 PM

It's very nice to know that I am not the only one that feels the way I do about the belting feature, I hate the extra clutter on my feed period> I love the way the game was!
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:22 PM

I had farms ready tonight and intended to replant. But I gave up because of all the pop ups and request to post to my news feed. I am not going to replant. As much as I love this game the belt thing has ruined it. I don't need the aggravation. Please please rethink this.
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:26 PM

Angry Belt Levels

I think getting the new belt levels is fine but the pop ups you get when someone is harvesting is pretty annoying.
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkitten View Post
And this is why FT is going to lose players..I have 40 posts on my wall from players ...I blocked the other games because of flooding peoples mass posts ...This is going to get old fast..
I have to agree. I love this game and have played pretty much since it began and I do buy all the premium items, not only for my farm, but also for my husbands farms so its safe to say I spend a fair bit... BUT, I just cant play this game with these pop ups all over the place and flooding not only my wall, but everyone else on my wall is going to go nuts so I refuse to post on that principle. We are now living with nothing but pop ups and such incredible interruptions every time a harvester we hire does alot of different work on our farms.. please... we need this to stop. As someone suggested.. give the option of if we want to advertise this or not. Surely all these belts can happen without us even knowing until we want to look and check up on our belt status. I am fairly certainly the small amount we might gain does not justify the aggrivation this is causing, therefore we might prefer to not receive the notifications that we have gone up in belt level or to advertise and drive all our friends crazy!! All I know is that I gain so much from my husband playing this game but he will last about 2 minutes with all these pop ups and notifications before he just shuts it off and wont come back as will alot of people I suspect
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

On second thought, you should probably leave the annoying belt thing . . .I've got over 10,000,000 XPs and 1.7 Billion coins . . . It's about time I get off my butt and do something productive and meaningful.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 01 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokeloshe View Post
The multiple belt post thing will be temporary as everyone reaches black - I like it and I think the cluttering of news feeds will be very short lived - thanks guys
I am hoping that is the case too Tokeloshe.
I just did a farm with just two crops and 2 different trees and got 8 pop ups. I am now dreading my other farms where I have one of every flower available and another with pretty much every fruit tree as well.

I guess that we can help with lower newsfeed clutter by being selective about what we publish.
Phorest Pharm
Cedar Phorest
Phunny Pharm
Phertile Phields
Phar Owt
Absolutely Phabulous

Pharming phrantically since May 18, 2010 after a break away over the summer.
Closed Thread