Old Dec 24 2016, 10:16 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
Ok, time to for me to weigh in. First of all, to all the Developers. Awesome job on the ships. Its great to have a challenge.

Today it took me about 8 hrs to get 10 containers ready. I would start a container, leave the computer, come back later and click o the next container. Total time I spent getting my first ship out to sea was about 10 minutes. NOT 10 hrs like a lot of people are saying it takes them.

As far as a ship sitting at a neighbors port and that nrighbor not working it? Drop that neighbor if its not working for you. If i have a neighbor who work my crops and doesn't move my ship, then i have a choice to make.
depending on which Colored Cargo Ship you bought, the time taken to prepare the Containers is what everyone is saying takes up to 10 hours.. if you start and finish all 10 the same day, as I did for my first one.. its now up to its 20th port but has taken a lot of effort to get people to understand how to load it, having to message them and then talk them through it, hopefully now I won't need to do that with those same people again. My second ship has only 3 containers and its stuck on Port 2 at the moment... LOL

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMike View Post
They are going to have to give a option somehow for the ones that are not going to do the ships. My 2nd ship just landed in port #2 and until I sent them a message was not doing to do the ships so she was not going to send the ship on. Let us choose our neighbors who are going to do the ships and help send ours along instead of holding it up. Also give a option to move a ship along after it sits in a port for a certain amount of time.

I know this is the holidays but there is still going to be these types of problems during the year. Some people might start playing then say heck with it and they are still in the loop and hold up the movement of the ships. Then your port #1 goes on a week vacation and after say 24 hrs you could bypass that port and let your ship move on instead of coming back empty.

I agree with BamaMike. As things stand now, there are just too many ways a ship can get hung up, with no option to help move it along. It's costly to send containers out, 'n if there isn't any chance of getting something back because the ship is stuck on a port early in the process, then I can see where this feature will soon sink to the ocean bottom, with or without the captain.
Old Dec 25 2016, 12:11 AM

I wont be doing mine until options change. I did all 10 containers and mine are stuck on the first port. This person is on vacation but she also plays alot and wont do ships. As it stands now my ship will always be stuck on port one. I hope Raul comes up with different options as I do like the ships.
Old Dec 25 2016, 12:41 AM

My ship, like so many others is stalled for two days in #2 port. Think I said from the start I won't participate if I have to nag my neighbors. Guess I'm done until we have some choice of ports.
Old Dec 25 2016, 02:27 AM

Please could you allow the preparation of containers to be 'queued' .. even queuing 4 at a time would be a great help?

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Dec 25 2016, 03:42 AM

how do u access the ship manager?

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Dec 25 2016, 04:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmecookin View Post
I wont be doing mine until options change. I did all 10 containers and mine are stuck on the first port. This person is on vacation but she also plays alot and wont do ships. As it stands now my ship will always be stuck on port one. I hope Raul comes up with different options as I do like the ships.
Hi justmecookin

Currently each ship has a different itinerary depending on who has just opened the game when you dispatch your ship, but as the Devs are working on it......
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 25 2016, 04:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
how do u access the ship manager?
Hi al

Simply click on your ship to prepare, dispatch, check it's itinerary then unload it

To advance your neighbour's ships, open your yellow tool box, the Seaport Manager is in the left hand column. (Both your Toolbox and the Seaport Manager currrently show a red circle if there are ships in your port).
Open it then click on your neighbours ship, click Enter Ship, then click Load Products until it says 100% and disappears.
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 25 2016, 05:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Maybe a preference could be added whereby the player chooses whether or not he/she wants to be part of the ships operation. If a player opts out, ships would not be sent to their port (and they wouldn't be able to dispatch ships, either). If a player knows they are going to be away from FT for a while, they could choose to opt out temporarily.
Maybe just send ships to players who have bought their own ships. If you don't buy a ship, you've opted out by default.
Old Dec 25 2016, 05:48 AM

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks Devs for the ships. Not complaining here, but just registering a problem I have with them. I am regularly getting a notification on my toolbox that there are ships waiting in my port, click the Seaport Manager and it says there are no ships waiting!

Also, a friend messaged me yesterday asking me to send her ship on, I went to do it and it was not in my port. I told her this and she then messaged me back and said that according to her log, I had sent it on!

I understand there will be glitches, but guess the devs need to know of them to be able to sort them.

I realise it is holidays and certainly do NOT expect things to get sorted at the moment
Closed Thread