Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 08 2019, 07:46 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Default Freight Trains

This thread is for reporting problems concerning any of the Freight Trains and Long cars.

Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Sending Boosts for your own trains and Boosting other farmers trains is now done from within the Train Manager.

For information on the NEW Criteria and Method for Train Boosts and how to use Manage when you see it on a received train boost CLICK HERE

If you have never used the trains before please go to Chapter 29 Freight Trains for more details.
In that chapter you will find which trains can help with Facility work, how to correctly connect them, how many you can have, requirements to earn the Mayor bonus when unloading trains, how to use the train Manager in your toolbox.

• Only one of each speed locomotive (1x Standard Freight Locomotive, 1x Enhanced Freight Locomotive, 1x Ultimate Freight Locomotive, 1x Supreme Freight Locomotive, 1x Turbo Freight Locomotive) can be placed on the same farm and be a working train that can help with facility work.

If you only want to use 2 locomotives that are the same speed. Place each one on a different farm.

If you have 2 of the same speed locomotive on the same farm , the 2nd one becomes decoration and does not help with Facility work or bring you any products..

• You can have up to a total of 10 working trains altogether!

• Trains do not have to be placed on the train tracks!

• Coin cars are just for decoration! You can add them to your working train if you wish and they can be useful should you need your train to turn a corner on a farm. They do NOT count toward working facilities.

Working trains that help with Friends Facility Work:
  • To help with facility work, you need one of the locomotives in the picture at the top of this post. That locomotive must have at least one long car attached and it must be dispatched.

• The Long Cars cost 35 Farm Cash each. Each different long car attached to one locomotive (up to 10) will add to the amount of facilities the mayor will work as you go to every farm.

Each Long car attached to a locomotive must be different from the other Long Cars attached to that locomotive.

Never attach 2 of the same Long Cars on any one locomotive as the second one will not count towards facility work and will not bring you products as it behaves as just decoration.

• For the mayor to work every farm you go to.....
    Out of the 19 different long cars there, chose 10 of them and attach them to just one locomotive.

• For the Mayor to work every farm without you needing to go each farm.....
    You need a 2nd locomotive and again, out of the 19 different long cars there are, chose 10 of them and attach them to the other locomotive. They do not have to be the exact same ones you picked for your first locomotive.

• For the mayor to work all farms for you. The 2 locomotives with the 10 long cars attached to them MUST be dispatched.

Remember you can NOT have 2 of the same speed locomotive on the same farm.

Order of buying Locomotives:
The First Locomotive you you buy does NOT have to be bought in speed order. You can go straight to buying the fastest one first if you wish.

After that you must own one of each speed locomotive before you can buy a second locomotive that's the same speed, and those DO have to be bought in speed order.

For example if the first locomotive you bought was the fastest one, the Turbo Freight Locomotive, you could NOT then go straight to buying a 2nd Turbo Freight Locomotive.

You would need to also own:
  • 1 x Standard Locomotive
  • 1 x Enhanced Locomotive
  • 1 x Enhanced Locomotive
  • 1 x Supreme Locomotive
  • 1 x Ultimate Locomotive
  • as well as the Turbo Freight Locomotive.

THEN when you own all of those you can buy a SECOND set of Locomotives, BUT those MUST be bought in order:

Own 2 x Standard Locomotives before you can buy the 2nd Enhanced Freight Locomotive.
Then buy the 2nd Supreme Freight Locomotive
Then buy the 2nd Ultimate Freight Locomotive
and then you can buy the 2nd Turbo Freight Locomotive!

Issues with connecting locomotives and their long cars:

When altering trains:
  • You can only move a working locomotive and it's long cars when it has returned from it's trip and has been unloaded.

• ALWAYS use the yellow hand in the toolbox when connecting locomotives with long cars attached or use the Move command when clicking on on a locomotive or long car. The freestyle designer hands can cause them to overlap which can prevent them being correctly connected.

• When you have finished moving a train EVEN IF the highlight looks correct when you mouse over the locomotive, BEFORE YOU DISPATCH IT, always open the locomotive and look in the Freight Cars section for all the long cars you attached to the locomotive. Only the long cars that are correctly connected will not be greyed out. Any greyed out are either not on that train or not correctly connected.

Important: Train locomotives and long cars count towards your facility limit per farm!
If you have a lot of facilities on a farm you may need to put them on a farm with less facilities or on a farm without facilities on it, whichever you prefer.
Count one for each locomotive and one for each Long car.
The Facility Limit is between 350 and 400 per farm. However, that amount can also be affected by how much production you have in those facilities that have not been stored.
If you see a message telling you that you have too many facilities on a farm, the first thing we suggest is to store all production from those facilities then refresh farm and see if the message goes away.
If it does then do not add any more facilities to that farm and remember to store regularly.
If the too many facilities message returns, store all production and move some facilities to another farm.

To be able to help with any problems with your trains, we will need your User ID or farm link and which train on which farm has the problem along with what the problem is so we can take a look at them.
Instructions on how to get your USER ID or farm link can be found by clicking on this link:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662838

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

For suggestions for Trains please post in Freight Trains and Cargo Ships

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 13 2023 at 11:13 AM.
Old Jul 22 2021, 11:32 AM

Default Freight Trains

I have tried two different browsers which have been updated. Thanks
Old Jul 22 2021, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy ls View Post
I have tried two different browsers which have been updated. Thanks
Hi Cathy ls,
This is a known problem for some. The developers are aware of it, but can do nothing to help with this. It appears to be a Facebook caused issue and there is a ticket open with them, but they have not fixed it yet.

This has happened to some who have too many Facebook friends that play Farm Town. The only thing that can be done for this is to reduce the number of friends you have that play who are not neighbors.

The other thing you can check is to make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed in those browsers by the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 13 2022, 02:37 PM

Something is wrong with my trains. Before the migration I had at least two trains that had 10 cars each, and a third train with a few less (but I don't remember how many). I just NOW noticed that NOW I only have one train with 10 cars and the other two only have 3 and 1 respectively. I didn't notice this because when I work facilities, the game still finishes working all the remainder of the farms for me when I have worked the required number.

When I went back to look at my cash activity to see when I bought them, there is only 6 months there. Would you please look into this for me?
Old Apr 13 2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
Something is wrong with my trains. Before the migration I had at least two trains that had 10 cars each, and a third train with a few less (but I don't remember how many). I just NOW noticed that NOW I only have one train with 10 cars and the other two only have 3 and 1 respectively. I didn't notice this because when I work facilities, the game still finishes working all the remainder of the farms for me when I have worked the required number.

When I went back to look at my cash activity to see when I bought them, there is only 6 months there. Would you please look into this for me?
Hi KoalaBear

I had a look at your data and you have 14 long cars and no one missing.

2 Long Animal Products Car
1 Long Bulkhead Car
1 Long Cattle Car
1 Long Container Car
1 Long Quarry Car
2 Long Refrigerated Car
2 Long Sliding-Door Car
1 Long Tank Car
1 Long Tree Products Car
1 Long Two-Door Boxcar
1 Long Well Car

If you had 2 trains with 10 long cars attached to each of them then the Mayor would do all facilities in all farms.
Old Apr 13 2022, 03:00 PM

That's not helpful. Apparently you didn't understand my message.

I have THREE trains showing 14 long cars. Only one trains has 10 cars. The other two have 3 and 1 cars.

I should have AT LEAST 20 cars on two trains, and a few more on the third train.

That's what i had BEFORE the migration.

Please look at your history BEFORE the migration and you'll find my missing trains.
Old Apr 13 2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
That's not helpful. Apparently you didn't understand my message.

I have THREE trains showing 14 long cars. Only one trains has 10 cars. The other two have 3 and 1 cars.

I should have AT LEAST 20 cars on two trains, and a few more on the third train.

That's what i had BEFORE the migration.

Please look at your history BEFORE the migration and you'll find my missing trains.
Hi KoalaBear

Account data shows everything before and after the migration. You dont have anything missing which costs farmcash.

You said "I didn't notice this because when I work facilities, the game still finishes working all the remainder of the farms for me when I have worked the required number.", and that only happens when you dont have 2 trains with 10 long cars attached to each of them.

But if you wish you can contact Support. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Apr 21 2022, 11:40 PM

there seams to be a game error as i cannot boost my trains
Old Apr 21 2022, 11:41 PM

Default Boosting my trains

I am getting this error.

"0" does not resolve to a valid user ID
Old Apr 21 2022, 11:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjade27 View Post
I am getting this error.

"0" does not resolve to a valid user ID
Hi Redjade,
I moved your post to the thread about trains. Is this a pop up message you are getting or is it in the FT console?

Is this when you are trying to send boost requests or when you are trying to boost other's trains.

If it is boosting other's trains was it showing as a non-neighbor under the picture?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
train not dispatched, trains not working