Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 20 2019, 09:37 PM

When I click the return gifts on the gifts page nothing happens and then all the clickable links on the page go dead and nothing happens. I move the arrow to different things like Play, Send gifts and they do not work. The only thing I can do is reload. When I try to post my facilities or clients the first window comes up and I click on the green check-mark and no page comes up for me to post to my timeline or to the Farm Town list for my neighbors to click to help me. This has been happening for over a week. I click on the boost train link and nothing happens. No list of neighbors comes up for me to select. I have cleared the memcash several times and have cleared the browser and defraged my computer after clearing everything.
Old Aug 20 2019, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.Bob View Post
When I click the return gifts on the gifts page nothing happens and then all the clickable links on the page go dead and nothing happens. I move the arrow to different things like Play, Send gifts and they do not work. The only thing I can do is reload. When I try to post my facilities or clients the first window comes up and I click on the green check-mark and no page comes up for me to post to my timeline or to the Farm Town list for my neighbors to click to help me. This has been happening for over a week. I click on the boost train link and nothing happens. No list of neighbors comes up for me to select. I have cleared the memcash several times and have cleared the browser and defraged my computer after clearing everything.
Hi L.A. Bob,
What browser are you using?

Please make sure you have 3rd party cookies and pop ups allowed as that is what allows those pop ups to show for posting facilities, the gift sending and the train boosting. Instructions are in the following link for several of the commonly used browsers:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

In case you are using one of the browsers in the fallowing link you may need to change browsers:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 20 2019, 10:06 PM

I am using Windows 7. Cookies are on. all the pages that need to be on are on the list

On the My Request page I accept the gifts then try to send back gifts and nothing happens after I select the gift. The page goes dead. I reload the page and all the gifts are there and it does not clear. I have 50 gifts listed on the page all the time it never clears up the past gifts

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 20 2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old Aug 20 2019, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I am using Windows 7. Cookies are on. all the pages that need to be on are on the list

On the My Request page I accept the gifts then try to send back gifts and nothing happens after I select the gift. The page goes dead. I reload the page and all the gifts are there and it does not clear. I have 50 gifts listed on the page all the time it never clears up the past gifts
Hi L.A.Bob,
I don't need to know what operating system you are on. I need to know what browser you are using.
You also need to allow pop ups as that is what the facility post and the name lists are.
When you try to return a gift that is also a pop up. Do you have an ad blocker plugin in your browser? If so that can block the pop ups and you will need to turn that off.
Only other thing I can suggest is to try a different browser just to see if these functions will work in it. Be sure the cookies and pop ups are also allowed in that one before you try.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 21 2019, 06:10 AM

Sorry, I use Google Chrome. I have checked and pop-ups for Farm Town are allowed. I set that years ago when I could not send gifts. I have rechecked it several times. This problem started when the shrinking page started. I have also checked the Face Book settings and I have only 2 sites blocked and neither one is Farm Town. In the Face Book, Apps Websites and Games is turned on. Game and Website Notifications are turned on. My ID for Farm Town is 100000215644152
Old Aug 21 2019, 07:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Sorry, I use Google Chrome. I have checked and pop-ups for Farm Town are allowed. I set that years ago when I could not send gifts. I have rechecked it several times. This problem started when the shrinking page started. I have also checked the Face Book settings and I have only 2 sites blocked and neither one is Farm Town. In the Face Book, Apps Websites and Games is turned on. Game and Website Notifications are turned on. My ID for Farm Town is 100000215644152
Hi L.A.Bob,

Taz is not available at this time.

Please click on the following link and check the instructions for allowing cookies and popups in Chrome. See if you have added the sites needed for Farm Town to the exceptions to specifically allow them through. Also check Chrome settings for " Pop-ups and redirects " and make sure that is set to allowed as well. You might want to add the sites there as well, same process as adding the sites for cookies.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...70#post6302070

Please also check if you have any extensions added to Chrome that could block them, for example something that might reduce the amount of adverts you see on Facebook. If you have any, try turning them off one at a time and see if that changes anything.
Old Aug 21 2019, 08:35 AM

Default Gift Page not showing all gifts

Ever since the last update my Send All gift page only shows up to the potatoes, tomatoes etc... nothing showing below that... no slider on the side to move it up and down. I am using Google Chrome browser. I tried on other browser and they all work except for Google Chrome. So frustrating!! Please advise what I should do... many thanks!!!
Old Aug 21 2019, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbarb View Post
Ever since the last update my Send All gift page only shows up to the potatoes, tomatoes etc... nothing showing below that... no slider on the side to move it up and down. I am using Google Chrome browser. I tried on other browser and they all work except for Google Chrome. So frustrating!! Please advise what I should do... many thanks!!!
Hi texasbarb,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.
With that page open please check your browser zoom level and make sure it is at 100% and not greater.
Old Aug 21 2019, 01:23 PM

I have tried everything and have the settings for allowing pop-ups. I am at my wits end not being able to post facilities, clients, gifts, boosts, etc. Can you suggest another browser that I can use for FT? I have IE and chrome and neither works.
Old Aug 21 2019, 01:42 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
I have tried everything and have the settings for allowing pop-ups. I am at my wits end not being able to post facilities, clients, gifts, boosts, etc. Can you suggest another browser that I can use for FT? I have IE and chrome and neither works.
Hi L.A.Bob,

IE does have problems with gifting and train boosting, it tends to stop working when you get more friends. Edge is also problematic and you have to enable flash every session, so I wouldn't bother with that either.

If you like Chrome, Opera is very similar. You can import your bookmarks form Chrome to Opera and the FarmTown Flash Enabler extension can also be added to Opera. Instructions for setting up Opera, and Firefox if you want to try that, are in the following link... Flash Player and Cookies/Popup Set up

See if the game works in that browser, if it does then you might want to either reset Chrome back to default or uninstall it and then re-install it.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows