Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 06 2014, 12:51 PM
Account Not Linked

when the devs first changed it so you could get a new coop quest every 10 hrs, i was happy. apparently i'd forgotten why i don't like to play FT at night! i am totally burnt out on doing the 2nd round of cq's at night and am fighting to keep doing the morning ones now.

not sure what the answer to more cq's would be for me. at one time, i thought it would be good to be able to get 5 new ones each day but that wouldn't work either as, unless all neighbors were synchronized, there'd be no other quests to go check.

in the meantime, i'll just keep doing 1 a day.
Old Dec 07 2014, 07:28 AM

Quests are good. If you don't want to do a certain one, you can let it expire. However, when you do a quest, the prize is millions of coins for one quest.
Old Dec 08 2014, 12:01 PM

3 out of the last 4 daily quests have to be processed in facilities that are bought with Farm Cash. It makes it very hard to complete quests that way.
Old Dec 08 2014, 12:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
when the devs first changed it so you could get a new coop quest every 10 hrs, i was happy. apparently i'd forgotten why i don't like to play FT at night! i am totally burnt out on doing the 2nd round of cq's at night and am fighting to keep doing the morning ones now.

not sure what the answer to more cq's would be for me. at one time, i thought it would be good to be able to get 5 new ones each day but that wouldn't work either as, unless all neighbors were synchronized, there'd be no other quests to go check.

in the meantime, i'll just keep doing 1 a day.
I will activate my CQ when it is available but if I don't have time to work them I will sometimes wait till I have 2, 3 or even 4 open and work them all at the same time. It doesn't take much more time to work multiple quests than to just work them one at a time.
Old Dec 09 2014, 08:05 PM

The last four (4) quests have all be using facilities that have to be bought for farm cash. Makes it hard to complete quests.
Old Dec 09 2014, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed's farm123 View Post
The last four (4) quests have all be using facilities that have to be bought for farm cash. Makes it hard to complete quests.
Hi ed,
I moved your post to the feedback thread on quests as you didn't have a suggestion. I will say though that the quests are strictly random and it is just bad luck that you have gotten 4 in a row for farm cash facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 10 2014, 12:04 AM

Thanks for moving it to the correct place for me.
Old Dec 10 2014, 12:56 PM

Now it's 5 straight quests that require FarmCash facilities
Old Dec 11 2014, 07:20 AM

It's not just that quests require FT cash. I have all but 28 facilities - that's a lot, including ones that require FT cash. But 4 of my regular quests are ones that I can't work on, and 2 of the Co-Op quests. 3 of them are from the same facility, and 2 are the exact same item from the same facility. It seems to me like the "randomness" is being altered to make it include more of the FT cash, especially ones people are less likely to have (as in more recent ones). The algorithm is biased towards spending real money. I realize that they'd like people to do that, but when you are rewarding FT cash for completed quests, if you make them all quests that require cash, then there is no point.
Old Dec 11 2014, 08:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyJoBebo View Post
It's not just that quests require FT cash. I have all but 28 facilities - that's a lot, including ones that require FT cash. But 4 of my regular quests are ones that I can't work on, and 2 of the Co-Op quests. 3 of them are from the same facility, and 2 are the exact same item from the same facility. It seems to me like the "randomness" is being altered to make it include more of the FT cash, especially ones people are less likely to have (as in more recent ones). The algorithm is biased towards spending real money. I realize that they'd like people to do that, but when you are rewarding FT cash for completed quests, if you make them all quests that require cash, then there is no point.
random number generators sometimes produce streaks of similar numbers. sometimes, they also produce similar random numbers for certain users.

looks like you've hit a "bad patch" of random numbers. don't worry, it'll get better and you may get "good random numbers" for quite a while after this.

if you want to learn more about random numbers, i found some accessible youtube videos on the subject

"The Random Coin Flipper" by theshoal12. in this video there's 2 numbers to pay attention to: "Heads streak" at the top of the right column and "Tails streak" near the bottom.

"Random vs. Pseudorandom Number Generators" by Art of the Problem. details on how computers pick numbers that are kind of, sort of, as close to being random as computers can get.

"Random Events Often Happen in Streaks" by what appears to be a motivational speaker Patrick S

sometimes the only thing i've found that helps with "bad" random numbers is to stop and type in chat "I shake my fist at the RNG!!!" RNG being the Random Number Generator.