Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Closed Thread

Old May 29 2017, 09:26 AM

Default Obsolete items or converted items

OK, I've read that originally the Oak trees produced acorns before they were chopped for logs.

Somebody else referred to "black grapes", or was that just a slip meaning purple grapes?

Are there any other crops/products that once existed but now are gone? I think a number of gift or even buildings fall into this, but I'm most interested in the harvests.

And do any people still have acorns in their storage? Or were they converted, like to oak logs when the change was made? Same question for black grapes or anything else now gone.

Were chickens in the henhouse originally the source for chicken meat, or (asking developers) was that the plan at one time?

On a similar thread, what items started as decoration and became products or facilities? I think the most recent was peacocks, but earlier the decoration blacksmith shop became a facility and I think there was at least one more conversion of that kind.
Old May 30 2017, 10:06 PM
Account Not Linked

I've played on and off from the beginning and have no memory of acorns or black grapes. I only remember purple and green grapes. But those might have happened while I was taking a hiatus. The only crop thing I remember changing is when they changed the Clover to Cloves in the Green-White Tea Blend in the Tea Factory. It was a bummer because I'd just harvested a whole bunch of clover and didn't have any clove trees.

As for decorations, I came back once to discover my decorative Bank was now a facility. It had been moved to unlock at a higher level I hadn't yet reached, but as I already owned it, I was able to use it. The same thing happened with my Police and Fire Stations. I bought them as decorations, and they were both turned into facilities. I was disappointed the same thing didn't happen with my Library because I thought the one I owned was prettier than the one they added.

Animals have never been harvested for meat. Not that I remember, anyway.
Old May 30 2017, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I've played on and off from the beginning and have no memory of acorns or black grapes. I only remember purple and green grapes. But those might have happened while I was taking a hiatus. The only crop thing I remember changing is when they changed the Clover to Cloves in the Green-White Tea Blend in the Tea Factory. It was a bummer because I'd just harvested a whole bunch of clover and didn't have any clove trees.

As for decorations, I came back once to discover my decorative Bank was now a facility. It had been moved to unlock at a higher level I hadn't yet reached, but as I already owned it, I was able to use it. The same thing happened with my Police and Fire Stations. I bought them as decorations, and they were both turned into facilities. I was disappointed the same thing didn't happen with my Library because I thought the one I owned was prettier than the one they added.

Animals have never been harvested for meat. Not that I remember, anyway.
I think the "black" grapes comes from a Spanish translation. Don't think we ever had acorns from oak or
Add to the decorations turned into facilities the water mill.
Another change in crop use was plantains were used in one product and was replaced by bananas.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 30 2017, 10:42 PM

Taz you can correct me please if im wong but to me the acorns always came from the acorn squash I have played since 2013 when it was just a lovely coin crop now it is used in a facility. That might be what was meant I never remember them from trees
Old May 30 2017, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenaussiefarm View Post
Taz you can correct me please if im wong but to me the acorns always came from the acorn squash I have played since 2013 when it was just a lovely coin crop now it is used in a facility. That might be what was meant I never remember them from trees
Hi Ellen,
Could be. Acorns do come from oak trees, but just not in Farm Town.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 07 2017, 12:27 AM

I don't recall the oak trees having acorns either and as far as I remember we have never harvested our animals for meat only eggs,milk,wool, or feathers, or rabbit fur and pig manure.
Closed Thread

Tags
acorns, blacksmith, obsolete, peacocks