Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Dec 22 2016, 12:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
I've been drinking my coffee with this game every morning since 2007. It's relaxing but stimulating at the same time. I've enjoyed this game more than anything. I believe if we were still harvesting one field at a time I'd still be playing. Thanks devs for all the fun...
who is your pharmicist, the game didnt come out untill 2009
Old Dec 22 2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
who is your pharmicist, the game didnt come out untill 2009
typo...corrected, June 2009

Last edited by bjyhey3; Dec 22 2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old Dec 22 2016, 05:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
typo...corrected, June 2009
does he live in south texas on the mexican border?
Old Jan 21 2017, 09:58 AM

Red face

I started soon after this game was first released. Remember May 2009 when the horse's eyes were under his chin?

My first farm photo from December 30, 2009. I think I just got the red mansion and they had released Christmas decor. My farm 1 has changed some over the years, but I try to keep the changes minimal because it reminds of the 'old days'.

When they gave us a second farm, I had some fun with crop designing. Amateurish, yes, but so much fun at the time. These are from early 2010. This was before stored tools could be used to work the farms.

By the time we got our 10th farm, I had all of my facilities and shops on farm 3 and decided to move all of my shops to farm 10. This was June 22, 2011.

This is farm 10 today.

I love this game. I've tried some other games, and even took a several month long break from FT around 2013, but I found the other games I played caused more stress by making me beg for help and items. Farm Town is actually a bit therapeutic for me. I can get help if needed, but don't have to if I don't want to. I go to FT after working all day at the office and help my friends or try enhancing or changing a farm, and my work-stress headache and tensions are soon gone

And I don't stress about FT. If a neighbor didn't load my ship... oh well, I guess I'll move on and try again. I never have enough ties, perfumes, tambourines, or toys to load my shops, but that's just the way it is so no point in getting rattled about it. I don't have an eye for designing, but I have fun doing it anyway. They never turn out the way I want so they are always a work in progress, and I see it as a fun learning experience.

I've also spent money on this game which is something I said I wouldn't do. But, I have an entertainment budget and if we don't go out to dinner or an event we had planned, or if the girlfriends and I skip a movie night one month, I take some of the $$ I had set aside and put it towards my FT, because FT is entertainment for me.

One of the best things about this game for me is making some new friends. Even though it started as a FT neighbor request, I have met a couple of great people from across the ocean as well as just one state away.

Happy farming everyone!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...163&farm_ix=23
Old Jan 28 2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasQuilter View Post
Ahhh,,, the Memories of The Beginning of this great game we all call FarmTown. So many good memories,,,where to begin. For me, my journey began due to my niece imploring me to try this game on FaceBook. "FaceBook, what's that" ? I asked. I soon found out and thus my virtual farming began. What a trip it has been since June of 2009. Still here and still loving the game. Met a young lady from Australia and we farmed each other's farms as we worked together to get to Level 34 and the Red Mansion. We made up a song we called "Singing the Red Mansion Blues". lolol

To me, the game mirrors life. We get out of it what we are willing and able to put into it.
And remember how hard and how long it took to earn the 1 million coins to buy the red mansion? lol Wow! Those were the days.
Old Jan 28 2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
everybodys goal was to get the red mansion, but i was grateful for the logg outhouse
And it took soooo long to save up the 1 million coins to buy the red mansion! ha!
Old Jan 28 2017, 05:54 PM

least favourite coming from Australia is it always summer Dec to Feb and including Christmas new year time and very hot. But there mostly winter items.

Favourite is how people decorate their farms. I have a number of farm about sport cricket, wheelchair basketball, swimming.

Before the tools you go to a layer farm and give up half way through and the same with fishing and other jobs.
Then someone would come with the tools and your be luck to do 10 fields.

When you could use someone tools it was a great improvement

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 28 2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old Feb 22 2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
Back in the day, my neighbors planted their crops in patterns, so they'd look pretty when they were ready for harvest.
Yup! (as a country type friend would say) That was me, I'd make multi-colored patterns. But that was before all of the facilities kicked in. Oh, I remember the day that I spent my hard earned FC to buy the Juice Factory and "oh the joy" (quoting Lewis and Clark on seeing the Pacific) of the money I earned from selling Pineapple juice. Boy, was I hooked on facilities. Alas, though, I had not the financial resources as some farmers, who bought a lot of the FC factories. However, over time, I did acquire some of the FC tools and factories. Came a time, when I dallied and have just recently caught up my xp's and have, through the working of other farm facilities plus sowing and reaping. gptten enough xp's to be equivalent to level 813+ (allowing approx. 135,000 xp's per level on average).

Wow. To think of how it all started 8 years ago. I had a friend invite me to hook up on facebook and then my daughter (who was living elsewhere in the state) invited me to be a neighbor on this game called FT. It was in fact, a way we could communicate. I'd work on her farm and she on mine. Well, happy farmin' to y'all. Catch ya on the flip flop!
Old Feb 25 2017, 12:31 PM

Do you know I have not had to plant raspberries since 2009!

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Feb 25 2017, 12:50 PM

I will always love the original water well, hale bale and barrel. I made many a fences with those hay bales and barrels. I also adore the dinner bell the first bird house and the sunflower pot.
The water well will always find its way on to any farm I decorate. So will the dinner bell.

SeaJay

The Gathering