Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Dec 19 2016, 10:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRoseBeef View Post
And boy do I remember harvesting and plowing one ruddy field a time, and one tree at a time! My gosh. Made it just as fun when doing larger farmer's fields as a hired hand and I swear one time my finger was twitching so much after doing so much rapid-fire mouse-clicking LOL.
"Wait, I'm busy..." How glad I was when the devs took a cue from FV and added task stacking. I actually quit FT for FV because of this and came back when FT starting making improvements to make the game less tedious to play.
Old Dec 19 2016, 02:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

i remember when lots of players had mouse tractors, the could rip threw a field like lightning, them ask them what kind of tractor they had, they would just say "im a fast clicker"
Old Dec 19 2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
"Wait, I'm busy..." How glad I was when the devs took a cue from FV and added task stacking. I actually quit FT for FV because of this and came back when FT starting making improvements to make the game less tedious to play.
Me too, but then I quite FV because of the stupid materials requests you had to send to actually get something built. So glad FT doesn't have that! But oh yes, I remember all the "wait, I'm busy" moments of frustration when trying to get crops off before they wasted on you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
i remember when lots of players had mouse tractors, the could rip threw a field like lightning, them ask them what kind of tractor they had, they would just say "im a fast clicker"
LOL not to mention good hand-and-eye coordination.

"Life is nothing more than a cattle trail. You never know where it'll lead until you actually get there."
-Anonymous

Farm Town member since sometime in 2009...
Old Dec 19 2016, 05:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRoseBeef View Post
Me too, but then I quite FV because of the stupid materials requests you had to send to actually get something built. So glad FT doesn't have that!
Yeah, that's why I left FV too.
Old Dec 19 2016, 09:54 PM

I joined on June 11, 2009. I think we had 60 levels, but it may have only been 30. Like others have written, the red mansion was what we all aspired to.
Old Dec 20 2016, 03:38 PM

It was May of 2009 when I first played FT. Level 34 was top level I believe and that red mansion was something to work for. A 24X24 size farm planted with purple grapes as many times as I could fit into a day so I could level up. I think it took me an hour just to plant that farm...one plot at a time. I'm so glad I stayed with this game! Of all the games I have tried, this is THE game that has devs and mods that CARE how you feel.This game has been therapeutic for me. It calms my mind.
Old Dec 20 2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
It was May of 2009 when I first played FT. Level 34 was top level I believe and that red mansion was something to work for. A 24X24 size farm planted with purple grapes as many times as I could fit into a day so I could level up. I think it took me an hour just to plant that farm...one plot at a time. I'm so glad I stayed with this game! Of all the games I have tried, this is THE game that has devs and mods that CARE how you feel.This game has been therapeutic for me. It calms my mind.
I think that is the case with a lot of players.

Therapy, at times, included "attacking" the fields of Pineapples. So much in coin to gain if you got a bunch of those Don Ho little treasures.

I also remember how many workers got mad when the farmer who planted them hired multiple workers.... and then probably sat back and laughed at all of them racing around to grab whatever you could grab.

Old Dec 20 2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I think that is the case with a lot of players.

Therapy, at times, included "attacking" the fields of Pineapples. So much in coin to gain if you got a bunch of those Don Ho little treasures.

I also remember how many workers got mad when the farmer who planted them hired multiple workers.... and then probably sat back and laughed at all of them racing around to grab whatever you could grab.

I still get that happen to me on occasion when I ask to be hired. And I still hate it.

"Life is nothing more than a cattle trail. You never know where it'll lead until you actually get there."
-Anonymous

Farm Town member since sometime in 2009...
Old Dec 20 2016, 08:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
This game has been therapeutic for me. It calms my mind.
There's definitely something relaxing about playing FB games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
One of the reasons I avoid the marketplace. The last time I got hired, I was selling my non-ingredients when someone asked for my help. I was feeling generous, so I took it. Turned out there were a dozen people working that farm already. This was back in the day before you could use the hirer's farm tools, and I didn't have any cash tools. So here I am harvesting one field at a time when someone with one of those gargantuan harvesters does the whole area in one click. I really like the superneighbor thing. It's so much more efficient than hiring in the marketplace or waiting till a neighbor comes online so you can hire them.
Old Dec 21 2016, 09:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

its good exercise for the brain, makesyou thinkwhat you need and what crops are due, i dont write anything down, so it makes me concentrate more, if i remember right the flower shop was the 1st f cash facility, bought it, then had to plant a bunch of flowers just to keep filled