Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 12:29 PM

A thought ... can't the devs or mods start a POLL thread? where we each get one vote and can vote for the Dec 22 update or reversion back to the previous stage?
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Dec 23 2009, 12:30 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul

YES YES a very good idea
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to silentarcher99

I like the old way MUCH better!!!
I have never experienced the loss of coins or XP that I have seen others complain about . . . but the current way and the "Wait . . . I'm busy" is almost more than I can handle.
I like the enhanced size of the harvesting tool as well.
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the reversion!! I just came back from a hire on a 24x24 farm 2. Like me, she was over a half mil in exp points. I speed harvested the whole farm, and plowed it all in about 10 minutes, and we had a very nice chat. First time I've "buddied" someone in 6 months!! Happy Campin' Farmer Jon...
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEbonique View Post
I don't know what everyone is whinning about... This is perfect... Faster... no bugs.... I have plowed and harvest and had no problems what so ever... It is perfect. Please do not go back to the old way... The ones that want you to are the ones that cut you off.... are very rude.... and push you away from the spot you are in. This is the first time that I have really enjoyed plowing and harvesting and I DID NOT lose any coins or XP... They kept right up with me. Have your testers go out there and let them work for a day and see what they have to say, but please do not change anything today. The ones that are wanting you to change are the ones that like to cut you off and try to keep you from harvesting and plowing.

Use your testers frist before you change that is all I ask. And you will see why people are happy that you made the change.
How wrong of you to assume that those that want it back are rude.
And those that comment are whinning!!
Im not rude in the least bit nor am I whinning..
but Ive not time to do a job one plot at
a time especially if the farm is really really large! Until its goes back
to old way I cant take jobs..
its just so slow and I am doing all my own harvesting and plowing.
If you plow or harvest your own farm..its still the old EFFICIENT way.
Its so ridiculous slow Its so not faster MsEbonique
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:42 PM
Account Not Linked

[quote=illumi;2921238]YES YES a very good idea [/QUOTE
Is it "early tomorrow" yet for the developers?
I wish it was and the game will go back to not having
to do ONE plot at time..I no longer can give or take jobs
like this.

Hiya, I really would prefer the old method with being able to hire as we did previously...my friends and I do "harvest parties" where we meet online at a certain time and each hire the others (usually we are 3 or 4 people) to divide up the work at each farm. It went fast, was smoothly because we all knew who was doing what, if someone accidentally clicked the wrong square it wasn't a tragedy hehe, and we got to have some fun chatter while we were queued up for harvesting or plowing. One night of frustration last night was enough to drive all of us to quit, shocking and devastating, so I sincerely hope that a return to the old efficient way is what we can now expect. Thank you!!!!

I have no problem with the new version,actually enjoy it much more but im just an old coot that likes a good relaxing game that helps get rid of stress.The older version didnt do that.Thanks to the devs no matter how it turns out.
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Why not limit the number of hires on each farm to 2 or three. That way the people who overhire for their own amusement won't be able to wreck the game for the people who love to play!
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdawn View Post
How wrong of you to assume that those that want it back are rude.
And those that comment are whinning!!
Im not rude in the least bit nor am I whinning..
but Ive not time to do a job one plot at
a time especially if the farm is really really large! Until its goes back
to old way I cant take jobs..
its just so slow and I am doing all my own harvesting and plowing.
If you plow or harvest your own farm..its still the old EFFICIENT way.
Its so ridiculous slow Its so not faster MsEbonique
same here, i love the new upgrade, but its too faulty......
i stand on one farm for 10-20 mins(sometimes longer depending on farmsize) waiting for the coins to add up or just waiting to get no points at all as nearly every plot shows ALREADY DONE.....why do i have to stick around(20mins +) and wait sooo long, just to get nothing . the old way was at least reliable in some way. Basically I'm working for nothing at he moment so i dont take jobs anymore either. I like this upgrade really i do, but only if it would work the way it is suppose to.

And I very much like the idea of 1 harvester and 1 plower max hire.
Closed Thread