Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 22 2009, 10:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this or send a message to anyone working on the game farmtown. My son purchased two small houses and an outhouse on here and it will not show up on his screen when he plays the game. I went onto my acct. and could see the houses and outhouse there. What has happened and is there any way to fix this problem please.

Thank you
Old Nov 22 2009, 10:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Thumbs up Upgrades meet mixed reviews in Buddy and Farm Message exchanges.

Thanks for the comments, Raul, and thanks for the much anticipated changes and upgrades. In speaking with Buddies and others via the Farm Message links, it seems the majority of suggestions have been addressed. Two primary (relevant) desires seem to be cropping up though (no pun intended): 1. Probably the most persistent, and you alluded to it Raul, is the (as yet) inability to further "grow" our land holdings at the Real Estate Office and, 2. Without doubt the second most often commented on suggestion that hasn't surfaced as a change is "scaling" of all store and gift items to better coordinate and match our arrays.
Somewhat more frivolous ideas would be mature chicken hens; chicken coop that actually holds their residents inside, a way to move gifts directly to storage when one isn't ready to use them, ability to "purchase" additional storage space with coins instead of more friends (some of us have more than we can visit three times a day already). I think, in the interest of clarity, it might be a good idea to reword one of the "hire" options (excellent additions, btw) to read "Hire to harvest trees". The current "Hire to harvest.." and "Hire to harvest crops.." is really vague and undefining.

One final note, and I don't have an answer for this one... We (all of us) need to better advertise and encourage use of Forum. It is unique in the web-game world and offers not only answers to nearly every conceivable question, but also has a managing staff that listen and respond to observations, comments, gripes and suggestions (witness the latest group of changes/improvements).

Yours for better gaming!!
Uncle Doodle (evil twin of Grandpa Larry) >

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 22 2009, 10:28 AM

Level:
XP:
Post New levels and points, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaisy View Post
What are the new levels and what points do you need for each??
Check out: http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264550:)

Visit 's Farm

Old Nov 22 2009, 10:29 AM

Love the new items and being able to look at them in the shop...would LOVE to be able to look at them on my farm. I'm not complaining, although I know it sounds like I am...but as I have been an avid reader of the forum for some time, I think the most agreed upon request has been the upgrade for more land. Some of us had it for a split second a month ago...so the ability is there. Any idea when the actuality will come about?
Old Nov 22 2009, 10:31 AM

Why are we loosing exp, have lost over 3000 points so far. We work hard for these and then we loose them.. It just isn't fair. 11/22/09 11:31 am est
Old Nov 22 2009, 10:35 AM

Level:
XP:

Yay! it took a few days since the updates but I am finally getting paid coins and Exp points correctly. I stuck to working for my neighbors where I was able to count the fields i worked to see when it correct..But I still have a problem of hiring from the MP and not getting a response to my requests so in that case I do not know if someone has accepted my request. the first time it happened I had three people on my farm when I decided to go check... Lucky enough it was enough work for them to share..

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Nov 22 2009, 10:42 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Mar 09 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:
Lightbulb Suggestions.....

While I'm here......

I realize you just released a very large and very good upgrade so this isn't in any way a criticism.... I just wanted to make the suggestions while I'm thinking about 'em ( before I forget 'em ).

Some things I'd like to see in future updates...... Animals - Deer, Bear, Ducks, Hawks and/or Falcons, Moose, White and brown spotted horses; Waterfalls ( animated would be nice, but I realize that's probably a bit of a stretch ); Bridges ( open and covered ones - wooden ones a bit larger than the ones currently with the water features ) that are independent features and can be placed over other features such as water features, roads, etc.; Older chickens.... those little peeps are cute, but too many of 'em running around makes me feel like I'm in a Loony Toons version of Hitchcock's The Birds; Trains and tracks - nothing fancy or really involved - just good old black steam engines and a few cars on tracks that can be laid out much like the water features are now; Stone walls; Split rail fences. Saloons / Taverns

And now for something completely different.... How about an overhaul of the avatars.... ? Not that there's anything wrong with the current model; I'd just ( personally ) like to have choices for avatars that looked a bit less Yoville'ish and more dirt under the fingernails, calloused hands people of the earth type, avatars.... Not a complaint, just a "boy it sure would be nice if.... ". Be able to dress 'em up like cowboys, farmers, hunters, etc.

And now for something even a bit more completely different..... Different themes..... Farmers can pick a theme for their farm, after which all of the items and features available will be related to that theme: early American, medieval, fantasy ( think hobbits in grasslands, elves in woodlands, dwarves in mountains, etc. ) and so on. If someone wanted to switch themes, however, they would either have to start over from scratch OR be able to have an additional farm for the new theme.

Of course I realize you folks only have so much server capacity, developer capacity as well as hours in the day..... But, personally, I wouldn't have a problem at all paying a monthly sub of five bucks, for example, to have all of the above available......

Peace out and happy farming......

Visit The Open Range

Old Nov 22 2009, 10:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sam J Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with additional levels and items.

10 new crops, including 4h, 8h and 12h crops.
10 new trees available on the store for higher levels
15 new items available to be sent as gift, including 7 non harvestable trees
80 additional items (coins and farm_cash)

We also reduced the XP gap between levels for levels higher than 26, now the gap could be up to 11000, versus 30000 before. For people on those levels, and people that were on level 34 for some time, their current level will be adjusted up based on their XP.

Some people are experiencing some back and forth changes on their current level, we are currently researching the problem.

Thanks

--Raul

Hi there,

The issues with the level going back and forth when visiting friends should be solved now.

We are also planning to credit farm cash like we did last time, depending on how many levels you moved up, this should happen sometime next week.

There are some people complaining that items are farther away now, I want to clarify that this is not the case with a concrete example:

Before, you were able to reach level 34 with 150000 XP points, and at that point, you could buy the Mansion. Now you will be able to reach level 41 with 150000 XP points as well, and should also be able to buy the Mansion, which is now locked at level 41, so basically we shifted all items appropiately so there is no additional effort to reach the items that were already on the game.

And by the way, there are too many items now for so little land... ;-)

Thanks

--Raul
so does this mean you are considering adding larger farms???
Old Nov 22 2009, 10:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Default farmtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with additional levels and items.

10 new crops, including 4h, 8h and 12h crops.
10 new trees available on the store for higher levels
15 new items available to be sent as gift, including 7 non harvestable trees
80 additional items (coins and farm_cash)

We also reduced the XP gap between levels for levels higher than 26, now the gap could be up to 11000, versus 30000 before. For people on those levels, and people that were on level 34 for some time, their current level will be adjusted up based on their XP.

Some people are experiencing some back and forth changes on their current level, we are currently researching the problem.

Thanks

--Raul

Hi there,

The issues with the level going back and forth when visiting friends should be solved now.

We are also planning to credit farm cash like we did last time, depending on how many levels you moved up, this should happen sometime next week.

There are some people complaining that items are farther away now, I want to clarify that this is not the case with a concrete example:

Before, you were able to reach level 34 with 150000 XP points, and at that point, you could buy the Mansion. Now you will be able to reach level 41 with 150000 XP points as well, and should also be able to buy the Mansion, which is now locked at level 41, so basically we shifted all items appropiately so there is no additional effort to reach the items that were already on the game.

And by the way, there are too many items now for so little land... ;-)

Thanks

--Raul
Farmtown isn't still working right.Meter goes up start over ,with not increasing xp's.
Old Nov 22 2009, 10:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sam J Frog

So are you going to be adding larger farms for sale??

One Problem I would like fixed is if you are harvesting on someone's farm, and they hire you to plow before you have finished collecting your harvest, you lose all that money....Or rather you are not credited for that harvest. I know when you plow and finished, you could leave and still get credit.
Closed Thread