Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 27 2016, 03:30 PM

Default changes in the game

One of the reasons that I like the game is that it has always been one in which I control what I want to do. Now when I am working on someone's farm the game is dictating which tool I use. Yes, I know I can pick another but I want to pick my own from the outset. e.g. I finish harvesting crops and there are a number of flowers to harvest but the game gives me a fishing tool to fish in the water in the pig sty. I don't want to fish in the pig sty. If there is one tree to be chopped, it gives me a chain saw. If I use the chainsaw, I have just wasted fuel for 8 coins. Let me choose what I want to do and in the order that I want to do it. If I wanted to have the game direct my actions, I could go play a Zynga game. But, don't want to play that way.
Old Jan 28 2016, 12:24 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but I think it would be nice to hire people to seed as well. Perhaps getting to pick what seed for what farm. I'm sure people would love the extra XP for it.
Old Feb 05 2016, 09:11 AM

Default Hiring

I have been playing FT for a very long time. When I needed someone to help with my farms,I would go to the market,where other like minded people would be and be assured that the person I had hired would complete the job.
Slowly this has been changing. Firstly,- folks there are very rude when you are in the market or leave a rude message on my farm. Second, - I have come around men who seem to think it OK to use the market as a dating service. Third, - When you do eventually get someone to work,they have great pleasue in leaving your farm and not finishing.
I am wondering if there are other ways of hiring folks to work,without going to the market..a group on Facebook maybe.
Thank you
Old Feb 05 2016, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jater View Post
I have been playing FT for a very long time. When I needed someone to help with my farms,I would go to the market,where other like minded people would be and be assured that the person I had hired would complete the job.
Slowly this has been changing. Firstly,- folks there are very rude when you are in the market or leave a rude message on my farm. Second, - I have come around men who seem to think it OK to use the market as a dating service. Third, - When you do eventually get someone to work,they have great pleasue in leaving your farm and not finishing.
I am wondering if there are other ways of hiring folks to work,without going to the market..a group on Facebook maybe.
Thank you
Hi Irene,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread aboout Hiring as this is more a complaint rather than a question we can answer. Unfortunately we can not control how people act in the market or about being hired. ZFor those who want to use the market as a dating place you can report those and they will be blocked from you. If there are any groups on Facebook for hiring you will need to search those out for your self as they are not part of Farm Town nor are they controlled by Farm Town.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 05 2016, 09:49 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jater View Post
Thank you
Hi Irene Tater,

You have the ability to block anyone who sends you rude messages. Open the message and click on the red round circle with a line through it. This will send them to your blocked list and you will never get any messages from them again until you remove them from that list. If they are abusive to you, you may report them, for that option use the red flag attached to the message. That will report them to the developers and also send them to your blocked list and then they will be prevented from sending messages to anyone for a set amount of time.

I'm sure there are groups on facebook that can be very helpful, but I'm sorry you will not find them named in this forum as it against forum policy.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Feb 05 2016, 11:30 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. All of your suggestions have been done,thank you. I understand its against forum policy. And I have looked on facebook but Im unable to find any which people use regularly. With all the people that use FT,you would thing there would be loads and loads
Im finding it difficult to find decent workers.
Old Mar 05 2016, 01:53 PM

Default Fire (Unhire)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Irene,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread aboout Hiring as this is more a complaint rather than a question we can answer. Unfortunately we can not control how people act in the market or about being hired. ZFor those who want to use the market as a dating place you can report those and they will be blocked from you. If there are any groups on Facebook for hiring you will need to search those out for your self as they are not part of Farm Town nor are they controlled by Farm Town.
I would like to see the option to fire a rude worker. In several cases, after hiring multiple workers to take care of 19 farms with plenty of work to be shared, there has been some greedy worker complain that they only work alone. My standard reply is "My Farm, My Rules". If I could immediately fire them I would. Instead, I immediately choose the ignore option so that I do not hire them again in the future. By having the option to fire them immediately, it might teach them some manners.
Old Mar 05 2016, 03:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell466 View Post
I would like to see the option to fire a rude worker. In several cases, after hiring multiple workers to take care of 19 farms with plenty of work to be shared, there has been some greedy worker complain that they only work alone. My standard reply is "My Farm, My Rules". If I could immediately fire them I would. Instead, I immediately choose the ignore option so that I do not hire them again in the future. By having the option to fire them immediately, it might teach them some manners.
Hi dell,
I am sorry but the developers have said they will not give us a way to fire a worker, nor will they give us a rating system. The only option you have is to ignore them as you have.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 05 2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky2483 View Post
This has happened quite a number of times.

I hire someone to harvest and plough my farm(s) and when I come back, ALL my farms have gone to waste. I can appreciate it if someone had lost internet connection for some reason, but it is STILL happening when I ask a super farmer to work on my farm(s).

If someone doesn’t want to do the job for some reason then they should NOT accept the job in the first place. It's not just my farm(s), it's happening to my wife's farm(s) too.
Why don't you work your wife's farms and she work yours? That's what my wife and I started doing several years ago. Problem solved.
Old Mar 06 2016, 01:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell466 View Post
I respect your right to hire multiple people but I would like to explain my reason for wanting to work alone.
I find that if there are multiple people working on the same farm at the same time my computer tends to freeze. This is why when I go to the marketplace to get hired I change my status to state that I will do all jobs but request solo only. If multiple people show up and I was hired for multiple farms I will go to the last farm in order and work backwards, if that isn't possible then I will just go back to my farm.