Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 13 2017, 07:22 AM

Default Port Unknown

Now I am seeing my ships going to PORT UNKNOWN? Any clues on what that means and how to address it? I would guess I may have caused it by unfriending dormant players.
Old Jan 13 2017, 08:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
Now I am seeing my ships going to PORT UNKNOWN? Any clues on what that means and how to address it? I would guess I may have caused it by unfriending dormant players.
Hi perryalexander;,

Yes if you remove a neighbour, that port then becomes Port Unknown. The same applies to that port as any other, you will have to wait until they load your products to send the ship on, or you can skip that port if you wish, unless it's the last port. That one can not be skipped at this time.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 13 2017, 08:30 AM

Default Loading Coins?

I just loaded a neighbor's ship and along with the goods I also loaded almost 5,000 coins. I am assuming my neighbor gets the money as my coin total did not increase. Also, when I have unloaded my ships I didn't see an increase in my coin total. What is going on here?

Just a note........I am enjoying this aspect of the game however I'm also having a problem finding the neighbors who are on my list of ports to visit when I want to delete them. I hate to skip a port however after waiting for my ship(s) to move on for over 5+ hours I just skip and of course lose cargo. It is a real pain to go into my neighbor list and search for certain people. Wouldn't it be easier if there were a simple way of visiting the farmers who are not playing the ship aspect of the game so they can be deleted? My neighbors are listed by first name on the list however they are listed by farmer's name on the bottom of the first page of my farm. Am I making any sense here? Help!!

Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)
Old Jan 13 2017, 08:48 AM

Default Port Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi perryalexander;,

Yes if you remove a neighbour, that port then becomes Port Unknown. The same applies to that port as any other, you will have to wait until they load your products to send the ship on, or you can skip that port if you wish, unless it's the last port. That one can not be skipped at this time.
You answer was not at all helpful Tiger. I was asking it there were OTHER possible causes. I have neighbors dropping out of the game and defriending me almost daily. They are unwilling to feel like they need to check for ships hourly. I removed ONE neighbor that was dormant. I suspect that one change did not cause a rash PORT UNKNOWNS.

I am advocating some change to the game to allow us to deal with PORT UNKNOWNS not just asking what it means. Please spend a bit more time reading our posts before whipping off a canned answer. Not all of us asking questions are "total morons" or newbies.

Your great efforts to support all of us is most appreciated and valued! You spent endless hours trying to make the game more understandable and enjoyable for all of us.
Old Jan 13 2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwyld40 View Post
I just loaded a neighbor's ship and along with the goods I also loaded almost 5,000 coins. I am assuming my neighbor gets the money as my coin total did not increase. Also, when I have unloaded my ships I didn't see an increase in my coin total. What is going on here?

Just a note........I am enjoying this aspect of the game however I'm also having a problem finding the neighbors who are on my list of ports to visit when I want to delete them. I hate to skip a port however after waiting for my ship(s) to move on for over 5+ hours I just skip and of course lose cargo. It is a real pain to go into my neighbor list and search for certain people. Wouldn't it be easier if there were a simple way of visiting the farmers who are not playing the ship aspect of the game so they can be deleted? My neighbors are listed by first name on the list however they are listed by farmer's name on the bottom of the first page of my farm. Am I making any sense here? Help!!

Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)
Hi mwyld40,

Make a note of your coins before you load anyones ship, and make sure no one is working on your farms at the time as some things will cost you coins. You get 500 coins for each contianer you load up to a maximum of 5000 per ship.

You do not get any coins for unloading your ships, you just get the products it has brought back.

The only way to find a neighbour in your neighbours tab is to match up the profile pictures.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jan 13 2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
You answer was not at all helpful Tiger. I was asking it there were OTHER possible causes. I have neighbors dropping out of the game and defriending me almost daily. They are unwilling to feel like they need to check for ships hourly. I removed ONE neighbor that was dormant. I suspect that one change did not cause a rash PORT UNKNOWNS.

I am advocating some change to the game to allow us to deal with PORT UNKNOWNS not just asking what it means. Please spend a bit more time reading our posts before whipping off a canned answer. Not all of us asking questions are "total morons" or newbies.

Your great efforts to support all of us is most appreciated and valued! You spent endless hours trying to make the game more understandable and enjoyable for all of us.
Hi perryalexander,

The Port Unknowns are people you had as neighbours but are not now. Whether you removed them or they removed you the result is the same. As i said there is nothing you can do about them once they are already part of your itinerary, except skip them if it looks like they will not move your ship on. Moving forward those that have been removed as neighbours or have removed you as a neighbour should not show up again for your next ship's itinerary.

I'm sorry but there is no way for me to be able to tell you who these unknown ports belong to.

If you have ideas for changes to any part of the ships, then please do go post them in the Suggestions area of the forum, where all the ideas are gathered for the developers to see.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jan 13 2017, 09:09 AM
Account Not Linked

I think I've seen a post on this before, but couldn't find it. I notice that I have to wait longer to prepare my ship every morning. It is only a few minutes each day, but now it is starting to add up. It looks like I'm going to have to skip a day so I can start my next ship earlier in the day. Since it does take approximately 10 hours to prepare a full ship, starting 1-2 hours later in the morning to start is causing a problem.

Thanks
Old Jan 13 2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSugar View Post
I think I've seen a post on this before, but couldn't find it. I notice that I have to wait longer to prepare my ship every morning. It is only a few minutes each day, but now it is starting to add up. It looks like I'm going to have to skip a day so I can start my next ship earlier in the day. Since it does take approximately 10 hours to prepare a full ship, starting 1-2 hours later in the morning to start is causing a problem.

Thanks
Hi WyoSugar,

When there is more than an hour left before you can prepare the next ship it does not display hours and minutes, it just displays full hours even though there may only be a few minutes remaining on one of those hours.

Next time you start preparing a ship, note down the time you started preparing it, you might need to note down the time you prepared the first container as well. Then the next day, when there is less than an hour remaining, go check the next ship you wish to prepare and see how many minutes it is telling you there are left.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jan 13 2017, 10:09 AM

We're already at the end of "next week" -- when will the Indonesian Restaurant and Winter Sports Supplies facilities be added?
Old Jan 13 2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furry1993 View Post
We're already at the end of "next week" -- when will the Indonesian Restaurant and Winter Sports Supplies facilities be added?
More than likely either tonight while we are asleep or tomorrow while I am getting the free samples at the grocery store! All kidding aside, when Raul makes time estimates they are only approximations and not always precise.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Closed Thread