Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 05 2010, 04:05 PM

Love the new facilities, even if I did have to spend $9.99 to get 55 FC, enough with what I had, to buy them. Total spent so far on FC - $19.98 - not bad to play a game that is so much fun. I wasn't crazy about having to have 30 neighbors for the 3rd farm, since several of mine had quit playing and deleted the app. I mentioned it to one friend, and she offered to see if some of her friend would help me out - another person I'd hired recently asked me to be her friend/neighbor. Two FB friends accepted my neighbor request, and I still have requests out for 2 more. The good thing is that those I've added really play the game. Keep up the good work, devs!
Old Apr 05 2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally south View Post
Guess I'm out of luck for a 3rd farm and it just isn't fair! I will never have 30 neighbors and I refuse to spend actual $$ for it. Why can't it be like farm #2 and spend our FV funds? Isn't that why we plant/harvest to purchase new crops, buildings, more land? I spent $3M for#2 and would gladly spend that again...
I'm sorry. What isn't fair about it? No matter what rules the developers put with each update people get upset. Use this as a challenge and try to get more neighbors. If they charge more money for it, people complain about that. It's a game and you have to step up to the plate and meet each challenge as they arise. That is what makes it fun and "challenging."
Old Apr 05 2010, 09:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Really tired of everything requiring neighbors and/or farm cash that we don't earn enough of compared to how much we're playing. I also find it very irritating to play ever since you added the pizza factory, chocolate factory and 3rd farm. For the last week, I haven't been able to even complete a job without it freezing up on me and it's not just happening to me. I checked with my friends/neighbors and they too are losing jobs and it's just not fun to play when you're trying to work to level up and can't even take on jobs. Please quit making updates to the game before you've worked the kinks out. It's just getting more irritating each night when I come home to TRY to play. If you don't get this worked out soon, I'm switching to farmville or slots or anything that doesn't feel so self-defeating. Extremely frustrating and NOT getting any better. I've been trying to keep a job for a week already now!
Old Apr 05 2010, 10:29 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLewis View Post
I'm sorry. What isn't fair about it? No matter what rules the developers put with each update people get upset. Use this as a challenge and try to get more neighbors. If they charge more money for it, people complain about that. It's a game and you have to step up to the plate and meet each challenge as they arise. That is what makes it fun and "challenging."
While I'm not crazy about the 30 friends requirement (and who is?) and did make an earlier post lamenting it, I do have to agree with the sentiments expressed here. It's a game, and you're playing it for free (unless you *choose* to spend money to get farm cash), so you can hardly say it's not "fair."

For a long time I only had one neighbor, because none of my other real-life friends play FT. Then she quit, and I had no way to get the gift-only items. So I checked the "neighbors wanted" thread and gradually added some more neighbors. I have to say I've really enjoyed chatting with some of them, and looking at and working on their farms.

If and when I decide that I really want a third farm, I'll have to decide whether I want to recruit more neighbors, or shell out a little bit of cash. Unless you are on a very restricted budget - and I do understand that some people are - the returns on spending $9.99 for a third farm are pretty good compared to other entertainment expenditures (movies, lattes, eating out...). Heck, if you're playing this game, you're obviously paying for Internet access, and I don't think anybody gets that for less than $9.99 a month.

I recently started a farm in Farmville (mostly to see how it compared), and I can't even expand my FIRST farm there from 12x12 without either having 8 neighbors or spending $20 FC. The final expansion to 24x24 in FV requires either 30 neighbors or $60 FC. And there is no "app of the day" option for getting extra farm cash. I think we have it pretty good here on FT!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 06 2010, 09:31 AM

well I guess I'm through with Farm Town , I already have several strangers that can see some of my personal stuff on FaceBook cause of FarmFown neighbors. Look!!! Farm
Town you have children playing this game , do you REALLY want them to start adding strangers to their face book home page just so they can get this 3rd farm , I am a mother and I know what kids will do to get what they want even if it involves strangers, In my opinion that's child endangerment. So I'm done !!!!
Old Apr 06 2010, 10:11 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelgurl View Post
well I guess I'm through with Farm Town , I already have several strangers that can see some of my personal stuff on FaceBook cause of FarmFown neighbors. Look!!! Farm
Town you have children playing this game , do you REALLY want them to start adding strangers to their face book home page just so they can get this 3rd farm , I am a mother and I know what kids will do to get what they want even if it involves strangers, In my opinion that's child endangerment. So I'm done !!!!
There is nothing that *requires* anybody to add strangers as neighbors/friends in order to play FarmTown. There is much to enjoy within the game that does not require farm cash. If children really want something that does require it, they can ask an adult to purchase the farm cash with his/her credit card, and repay that adult from their allowance or money they've earned from doing jobs, just as they would do for any other online purchase they wanted to make. Or they can ask for farm cash as a present for their birthday or other occasion.

We encounter limitations all through life. Do you stop shopping at a store just because they sell something that you like that you can't afford? Rather than abandoning the game, I would suggest that parents work with their children to prioritize what they want and strategize about how they can get it.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by earlgray; Apr 06 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old Apr 06 2010, 11:38 AM

Remember there are such things as privacy options you can set for specific people on your facebook. Even if you add someone as your friend to add neighbors to farmtown, you can still prevent them from seeing information about you.

Level 140
Farming since July 2009 and haven't bought FC yet!
Visit my farms: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7!

Old Apr 06 2010, 02:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
If someone under 18 is on the internet then it is up to the parents of that child to monitor what they are doing and who they are friending on the internet. Having a neighbor requirement in a game is not child endangerment, if there is a predictor on FB looking for kids in his or her area they will be looking for people on FB that are fans of something in the area not looking for victims on an international game. Besides if a parent has set the privacy settings right any stranger on FB will not be able to figure out where they live.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 06 2010, 04:02 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecakes View Post
Remember there are such things as privacy options you can set for specific people on your facebook. Even if you add someone as your friend to add neighbors to farmtown, you can still prevent them from seeing information about you.
Exactly. Don't people know that Facebook allows you to create 'list' for your 'friends'? You can create a list called 'Farmtown neighbor' or whatever you wanna call it, grant no rights to that group. Put all your stranger friends to that list. Those 'stranger friends' will not be able to see anything on your walls, posts, pix, nada, zip, zero.

Why are people even complaining? I don't get it.
Old Apr 06 2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I know many don't know this or chose to ignore it, but, the minimum age to have a facebook page is 13.
Closed Thread