Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 20 2018, 07:08 AM

New tool problem and wondering if it is related to the tree harvest tool problem I reported earlier. This time I am getting the wrong tool to harvest/plow.

Twice this has happened. The hire allowed me to us my tools.

When I go to harvest/plow I get the purple harvest tool only. This means I must go over everything I just did with the plow tool. I have the extended harvest/plow tool so it should have picked up that tool only.

Screenshot 1 showing the harvest tool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vilm6tgu1...44.09.png?dl=0

Screenshot 2 showing the plow tool I was given

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4shc6ncx8...44.32.png?dl=0

Please tell me this is not going to happen with every job I do because doing this on layered crops will be a nightmare.
Old Jun 20 2018, 07:30 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanFarm View Post
New tool problem and wondering if it is related to the tree harvest tool problem I reported earlier. This time I am getting the wrong tool to harvest/plow.

Twice this has happened. The hire allowed me to us my tools.

When I go to harvest/plow I get the purple harvest tool only. This means I must go over everything I just did with the plow tool. I have the extended harvest/plow tool so it should have picked up that tool only.

Screenshot 1 showing the harvest tool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vilm6tgu1...44.09.png?dl=0

Screenshot 2 showing the plow tool I was given

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4shc6ncx8...44.32.png?dl=0

Please tell me this is not going to happen with every job I do because doing this on layered crops will be a nightmare.
Hi WingmanFarm,

I have moved your post to the new release thread as this is where the developers asked members to post if they are still having issues with the wrong tools being selected when hired.

Is the combine available in the tool box? If it is, until this is fixed, you may need to go there to get the correct tool so you don't have to HP separately.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 20 2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi WingmanFarm,

I have moved your post to the new release thread as this is where the developers asked members to post if they are still having issues with the wrong tools being selected when hired.

Is the combine available in the tool box? If it is, until this is fixed, you may need to go there to get the correct tool so you don't have to HP separately.
This is what I am having to do. Hopefully my screenshots help the developers as they show what I am referring to.
Old Jun 20 2018, 08:49 AM

I would like to point out that the option to select the correct tool is not available on the first farm you are hired to do.

Here is a screenshot of the tool selection you get on the first farm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6hb3zgag7...43.43.png?dl=0

Any farms after the first one you get the full selection including the correct one.

So if your first farm is a 46x46 6 or more layered farm and you got these tools you are in for a huge headache.
Old Jun 20 2018, 09:36 AM

The White Boat didn't load automatically on my Super Neighbor's farm. I don't know if anyone else reported this tool, too. Thank you
Old Jun 20 2018, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanFarm View Post
I would like to point out that the option to select the correct tool is not available on the first farm you are hired to do.

Here is a screenshot of the tool selection you get on the first farm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6hb3zgag7...43.43.png?dl=0

Any farms after the first one you get the full selection including the correct one.

So if your first farm is a 46x46 6 or more layered farm and you got these tools you are in for a huge headache.
Hi Wingman,
Did you click on the up arrow to go up to the higher tools as there are more tools than can be displayed at once.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 20 2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Wingman,
Did you click on the up arrow to go up to the higher tools as there are more tools than can be displayed at once.
No I didn't but will do this the next time and see what happens.
Old Jun 20 2018, 11:34 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

This problem with auto select tools has happened when I have hired people for the past week or so not all the time just randomly. I have no layered fields and a purple harvest/plow tool for people to use.
Old Jun 20 2018, 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trina531 View Post
This problem with auto select tools has happened when I have hired people for the past week or so not all the time just randomly. I have no layered fields and a purple harvest/plow tool for people to use.
Hi Trina,
Is it still happening after the fixes that have just been released? That is what the developers need to know.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 20 2018, 03:22 PM

Not sure if this has to do with all the tool problems or not. I am working my neighbors farms. I am her super neighbor. The farms are loading much slower than they usually do. When it gets loaded it is giving me either the flower harvester or one of the tree harvesters. It used to give me the combine first.

She has all the extended tools. When it does give me the tool it takes much longer before it lets me use it. The same when it switches tools. When I harvest the last section it takes forever before it gives me the next tool and then I have to wait for it to let me use it.

It's ruining my routine and making it take much longer to do the farms.
Closed Thread

Tags
tools missing